Reviews for The Hardest Words
is that finished?
moniklaa chapter 1 . 10/26/2012
That's the end?
whatweareafreaidof chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
What a werid story, but so good, the line about loveing and hating her son was great
David Hampson chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
This is such a wonderful and beautifully written story. I'm glad they enjoyed themselves so much when they were together, but more so when they admitted their love for each other at the end. Love is complicated and there is just the possibility that they may get together eventually, I hope so.

Somewhere in the middle Lex put something down and you used the word "lie" where, for once, the word "lay" was right.

I really enjoyed it but shouldn't be surprised as I've read many CLex stories of yours and they've all been well written, imaginative and sensitive to the characters.

Thank you.
El Cuero chapter 1 . 12/24/2009
Wonderfully written, with well thought out characters and plot twists that turn an initially humorous premise into a genuinely dramatic and engaging work of fiction. Very good, I will be subscribing to the clearly hugely skilled author.
Secret Thought chapter 1 . 6/15/2007
Oh my gosh, that was twisted! Is it over? You HAVE to write more! I'm enjoying this, way too much.
nodaaaaaa chapter 1 . 4/18/2007
Fantastic story! This one is going on my favorites.
Beloved chapter 1 . 3/27/2006
omg!

perfect and poiniant, and such a unique spin on the 'turns into a girl' idea!

loved, but please - happy ending needed!
Supercaptain chapter 1 . 1/9/2006
Wow! I really liked this story. The pacing, the character development, even the storyline were absolutely brillant. The ending,especially, was angsty and full of sharp hurt. Excellent work.
Teleri Pendaren chapter 1 . 10/30/2005
I love your Chloe. It didn't matter if Clark was in a female body, she still hoped he would love her. I loved the line: "Nothing really. I guess it just hit me that those - feelings that you never had for me - the odds of you getting them, are even slimmer now."

She still hoped that there was a chance.

It was again reiterated in th end: "Love doesn't always follow the rules." I like how you had her understand that SHE also loved outside the rules.

The Chlark in me beams.
The Die Hard chapter 1 . 10/30/2005
That absolutely perfectly defines the yin-yang between Clark and Lex (of SV, not the comics, where Lex is still unremittingly a bad guy, more's the pity). They're not just friends, not just balanced, they're each what the other needs to be a whole person - and can never have, because one would have to give up something in order to submit to the other, and neither can submit and stay the person that they are. It also perfectly defines Chloe, and I will be VERY pissed when they kill her off. (I was even pissed when they killed off Whitney, who never had a chance anyway.) She's not a "girlfriend" - she's an equal, in her own way and own right, very much as Lois of the comics is. That Clark doesn't love her is a tragedy of Greek mythology proportions. (I still say she should join the Stargate team. Too bad Firefly isn't in a compatible universe.) She's Clark's touchstone with humanity - seeing Clark as a "girl" is Chloe's touchstone with the world of something more.
Rebel Goddess chapter 1 . 10/28/2005
I love Jonathan's "Personality quirks" comment. You cracked me up so much with this one. I loved Chloe's reaction (essentially amused and somewhat confused) and your vision of female Clark. Lex has security cameras in the Talon? They must have seen a few interesting things over the months. So many lines are making me laugh out loud (and I've listed most but not all of them so you know what I'm talking about): "Connie was Clark. And Lex wasn't quite sure how he felt about that. Ah, but not for much longer. Clark's birthday was coming up. Smallville's resident Daddy Warbucks impersonator (that one had me going BWAHAHAHA!). With skin resistant to "pruning" and heat vision to keep the water warm, there was no telling how long the siege might last (hehe, everyone I've ever stayed with has complained about my affinity with water that leads to me lying in the bath for an hour at a time so I know how Clark / Connie feels!). Apparently she'd thought the way she looked in heels was worth the sacrifice of her normal grace." Got to say, I was bloody helling on Jonathan's part then I was sniffing on Connie's. You've gone from hysterically funny to heartbreakingly sad in just a few lines. Wicked writer. Now I feel deeply mixed up. What started out being so funny ended by hurting. Too bloody wonderful. Not fair. More please. Sniff.
MayRaven chapter 1 . 10/26/2005
Amazing! You are a true writer. The characters and story were so believable I could see this idea actually happening. Loved it!
LastScorpion chapter 1 . 10/25/2005
What a great story! Beautifully put-together, too!