Reviews for Wild Things
Jaycie Victory chapter 1 . 8/30/2013
Lovely analogy. Loved the last couple of lines.
deanandjo4ever1 chapter 1 . 9/7/2012
The man mom and dad dont want you to meet. those are the best kind of men
RomanceGuru chapter 1 . 4/30/2006
“They think tame and proper and beautiful is better than wild and spirited and free. That’s just the way they are.”

“How can they love me, then?” she had whispered into his shoulder.”

-Both sad and beautiful. We can now understand the attraction on both ends, and why the match is so fitting. Everything is tied in so neatly.

“Most of all, though, he’s scared that if he lets her in, she’ll break him like he’s some wild horse. He thinks that if he lets himself love her and lets her love him in return, it will make him weak and tame, and he’ll stop being Jayne. He doesn't understand that she's always loved wild things.”
BrienneofThrace chapter 1 . 4/19/2006
"Like Allie, he’s stolen her heart."

That line actually brought tears to my eyes. SO sweet. *sigh* I love them.
Lou chapter 1 . 12/26/2005
*sniffle* I shall name the birdies of our fields...Allie! :-D This was so...sad...but the ending was great, lol. It's REALLY sad, how, some parents actually do things like this in order to "shape" children. We aren't molds, you know. Not clay ones, anyway. XP

This was wonderful...
Azamiko chapter 1 . 11/21/2005
;-;
Zholla chapter 1 . 11/14/2005
memories...me a little kid...sitting with Hercules...watching his side rise and fall as he breaths his last...he's just a puppy...and Poppa let him die...and a few heartbeats later...so it seems...I am running in slow motion...the ground is molasses...my legs are rubber...and the dog next door has my feral kitten by the mouth...and the scream that leaves my mouth as his spirit joins his sister's...I know her...she waited for him...the way she always did...memories...

Forgive you? No need. No need at all. Wild things. Their stay is so short...but they burn their love across our hearts. This story ain't gonna have a happy ending is it?
simonishot chapter 1 . 10/27/2005
“They were scared, mei-mei. They don’t understand. They think tame and proper and beautiful is better than wild and spirited and free. That’s just the way they are.”

“How can they love me, then?” she had whispered into his shoulder.

* * * *

Beautiful and heartbreaking.
vegiegurl-too lazy to log in chapter 1 . 10/24/2005
Wow...I'm speechless...This is just beautiful
Quinndolynn chapter 1 . 10/24/2005
Oh, poor Allie. Rebellious River makes me smile. And the summary to this installment was the funniest thing ever.
liz122474 chapter 1 . 10/24/2005
Wow. That was the best yet! I've been reading this series from the beginning and I'm sorry to say, I have been remiss for not reviewing sooner. But I had to take a moment to review this one cause it was absolutely brillent. Beautiful job. Heartbreaking as well regarding Allie. I LOVE how you made the association between Allie and Jayne. I work with birds and I thought your imagery of baby Allie was perfect. I love birds but they are ugly little things when their babies lol. Great job. Keep up the good work.
Vampbarbie chapter 1 . 10/24/2005
"Her parents would hate him. The thought makes her smile."

So true!

Very cute little story.
Rel Fexive chapter 1 . 10/24/2005
Nice series. Kinda insightful. Shiny.
Jack E. Peace chapter 1 . 10/24/2005
A beautiful little ficlet tinged with sadness. Poor Allie! Somehow I knew the little guy wasn't destined to make it too long in the 'Verse. I love River's views on Jayne and Jayne's views on himself. Very nicely done! Especially the last line ;)
Lattelady chapter 1 . 10/23/2005
Beautiful as always. The most moving of all was when River asked Simon "How can they love me, then?" I think you nailed it and so did River.