Reviews for A Friend In Need
Lillkin chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
oh my. i just realized how old this story is... makes me feel kind of like an idiot.

feel free to ignore everything i wrote in my review earlier... i still think its true but... ah never mind got to get some sleep.
Lillkin chapter 3 . 6/13/2011
i loved the ending :) was grinning like crazy throughout the part

i also must compliment how you switch POVs, its unique for some reason, especially in the first chapter! good work on that

there are however some drawbacks... for me at least

i really did not enjoy how you wrote McKay - he was too insecure for my liking, you have taken it too far at places, and his inner monologue got repetitive - which considering that its not that long a story might have been handled better. i understand, however, that it was your choice as a writer and if you enjoy him like that - you are the boss.

more importantly, there were some illogical places in the story, like the part with the dislocated shoulder. it was ... inaccurate and definitely irrational, there is a procedure to follow when attempting this(not hard to find) and if John knows nothing about it as well as Rodney why risk it when you are certain help is coming? sorry to say this but the second part in general was weaker imho. pointing this out might seem nit-picky but stuff like that is unnecessary and it hinder the overall impression of a story. its good to take your time and polish things out, it can only improve the experience of your reader.

but with that said, i still liked it as a whole so thanks for a nice read.
msdarque chapter 3 . 9/15/2008
I truly enjoyed reading this story. I'm a huge fan of Rodney angst/ whump.. & this was just perfect. Nicely done!

Lots of stars!
twinmom chapter 1 . 9/14/2008
I like it, I really do.

BUT

Is tht what you think of nurses? That they "quietly and competantly do what they're told without asking questions?" You've never been in a hospital have you? Especially an ED or an ICU. Pray that you have a nurse- 'cause they're in scarce supply these days. If that's what you really think you'd better have a conversation with yourself. If you stated tht thoughtlessly then you owe every nurse an apology. Am I oversensitive? Nope don't think so.
MaggieL80 chapter 3 . 11/11/2007
At last, I found this story again. Enjoyed the second read as much as I did the first time around. Loved the angst and whump. Nice story in the developing relationship between Rodney and John.
The Watch Stander chapter 1 . 7/10/2007
Another great story and one of my favorites!

WS :)
kennyk12 chapter 1 . 2/23/2007
this is a very well written story. thats y its goin on my favs list.

u r a great writer, so i hope you will forgive me when i tell you that i ACCIDENTILLY hit the 'report possible abuse' button instead of the add to favs one. i like this story and see nothing wrong with it.

]]]]]]
Gundambaby chapter 3 . 11/3/2006
_ a, friendship is wonderful, ne? BuddyBuddy best, thanks along
b7-kerravon chapter 3 . 10/22/2006
I quite enjoyed this story, particularly the part where you describe Rodney after he fell back down the hole - gut-wrenching!
SGAFan chapter 3 . 9/6/2006
I loved that! Great insight into McKay! bravo :D
tazmy chapter 1 . 7/21/2006
This fic was just recommended on the stargategenrec livejournal community. It's wonderful so far! I want to read more, but I need food so I'll finish it later.
Delka chapter 3 . 4/6/2006
I enjoyed reading this very much. Nice whump factor overall. And the "flash back scene" in Ch. 1 fit in very well. Awaiting more stories like this one! Thanks!
Shakia chapter 3 . 1/10/2006
Awesome! XD I loved it! The ending was great and I really love the friendship bonding you did with Rodney and Shepard. Especially loved the poker game XD *adds to favorites*
Dr. Dredd chapter 3 . 11/14/2005
A little late, I know, but I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed this. You've got the banter down pat, and I could definitely hear each of the characters saying the dialogue. (I particularly liked the way you captured Carson's speech patterns - most of the stories I've seen don't do it justice.)

Hope you write more!
em chapter 3 . 10/30/2005
wow that was incredible im soo pleased that you wrote this story, and hope you will write many many more as good as this!