Reviews for Love Lost
Dean's Girl 1967 chapter 2 . 6/26/2010
Just found this and loved it! I know this is a short review, but I just wanted to let you know that this was very well writen and obviously thought out for awhile. I love the name choice as well (it happens to be my name) and I think you really captured some great emotions in this. Overall, fantastic job!
G. Zuss chapter 2 . 11/23/2005
Oh wow, this story is so sad...but what really caught my eye was the summary...when it said my name, Ariel! I find it to be a pretty awesome coincidence. This story is so totally going on my favorites list. Great work!
Angsty Elf Twins chapter 1 . 11/23/2005
Hi, this is Ally, but I know my twin, Ariel (who ironically loves Glorfy) would love this story. You captured the sorrow and emotion of Glorfindel so well, this story is fantastic!

-The Angsty Elf Twins-

Ally and Ariel
Ellfine chapter 1 . 10/24/2005
Very beautiful and very sad. You captured the emotion well. well done!
Dawn Felagund chapter 2 . 10/24/2005
Hi, Isil!

Wow, was I surprised to open my email this morning and see that you'd already finished this story. Imladris Elves... *sigh* Angsty-sad Imladris Elves *double sigh*

It is a lovely story. The "laughter on the wind" bit, in your ending line, made me shiver. I've always thought it a shame that Tolkien's mortal/immortal love stories were largely confined to male Men and female Elves, so it is the women who are always weepy and grieving. This is an interesting direction to take. *lifts feet to avoid the little bunnies*

And that last line...

I'm pretty sure, also, that Tolkien decided that Glorfindel of Gondolin and Glorfindel of Rivendell are the same guy. (Canatics who know the exact source, feel free to correct me or jump in.) It was not ever stated in the stories, as far as I know, but I think that it was Tolkien's decision that Glorfindel's sacrifice at Gondolin allowed him to come back, much as with happened with Gandalf.

Once again, a beautiful piece. I'm glad the dice rolled as it did ;)

Dawn Felagund
Tarion Anarore chapter 1 . 10/23/2005
Beautiful! But I already told you that. :)