Reviews for The Invitation Missing Scene from The Gamble
primadonna001 chapter 1 . 1/14/2008
very nice
Brandywine421 chapter 1 . 9/7/2006
Oh, this is beautiful.

"had witnessed the painful sequence of confusion, recognition, and anguish that etched across Ryan’s face, as what his mother was doing had slowly registered." Great description - Kirsten's horror is tangible, she would never leave her son with strangers, or at all - and she saw that Ryan knew immediately what she was doing.

"like he mattered less than the things he had bothered to straighten." I love the way you explained this - I would have never thought of this detail. You're awesome.

"Words that had coldly defined her world, leaving him outside its borders. But those words no longer reflected what she wanted, or how she felt." I love your regretful Kirsten.

Thanks.
Stoneage Woman chapter 1 . 5/2/2006
An excellent story. You write beautifully. The episode would have been better for this scene.

Can I make a suggestion though? I don't know if this is just me, but long titles kind of put me off. By long, I don't mean long, I mean when there's the title, and then a piece of information. Like: "The Epiphany: Missing scene from The Truth"

I think you should just make it "The Epiphany" or "The Gamble" and add the extra info about it being a missing scene in the summary. Makes it more impactful somehow. (This is just me, btw).

Anyways, please send me a PM if you write anything Season 1. Being in India, I think I'll be dead before they show Season 2 and 3, so I'll just content myself with S1 fanfiction. *sighs* Sometimes I hate loving Western TV series while living in the East. See you!
famous99 chapter 1 . 4/30/2006
I missed a number of your stories. I'm not sure why. But I'm going back now. I always thought of Kirsten's line, "Ryan's going to stay with us now," as the invitation to stay with the Cohens, but I really like the idea of a moment between them, where Kirsten tries to comfort Ryan about Dawn. Trying to make Dawn's abandonment sting a little less. You did a fine job - more than fine - painting the early tentative relationship between Ryan and Kirsten. Lovely.
katwoman76 chapter 1 . 4/1/2006
I just realized that I never commented on this little one-shot.

I love missing scene stories and The Gamble is still one of my all-time favorite episodes.

So I don't care, how often this scene was already written. It never gets old and I never get tired of reading it.

You did a wonderful job once again. Your Kirsten and Ryan are perfectly in character.

"For the first time in years, she, Kirsten Nichol Cohen, had opened a small door to her heart.

And the kid behind her was stepping through…"

Perfect and heartwarming.

And just so you know. Even if I don't comment everytime, I'm always reading your stuff. Wouldn't miss your stories for the world.
britgirl2003 chapter 1 . 3/23/2006
I know I'm very late with reading & reviewing this, but it was great! You captured Kirsten and Ryan so well. I love Kirsten's uncertainty about what to say to him and Ryan's immediate assumption that he should go. You included some really sweet and tender moments between them, I really enjoyed this.
LN chapter 1 . 2/12/2006
This was the best version of this particular missing scene I've ever read (and I've read a few). Just wanted to say that. Thanks.
midnightair chapter 1 . 1/12/2006
great work. that really filled in the gaps. fantastic!
kandylover1 chapter 1 . 12/16/2005
Hey!

I really loved the last two lines. Made the whole story. But very good writing. I think you wrote the characters perfectly. Keep writing. :)
Kirsten-B chapter 1 . 12/1/2005
Definitely a piece of work that was missing.

I always wondered what Kirsten had said to Ryan, because he didn't even protest, when she told her family that he would stay...

That's not very Ryan, really.

Nice job!
Ling chapter 1 . 11/28/2005
very good

please write more Kristen & Ryan relationship fics
crashcmb chapter 1 . 10/29/2005
Lovely job with this ChaseII. You have a way of describing the nuances of both Kirsten and Ryan's inner turmoil and discomfort without allowing the details to get in the way of the story. Your use and description of body language is really wonderful and gives the scene such depth. I feel that your take on this scene is quite plausible and something I would have dearly loved to see on the screen. Thanks for sharing this.
melanie39 chapter 1 . 10/28/2005
I don't think I've ever read a missing scene for this and yet it begged to be done. And this was so well done, and fills in all the blanks up to the point where Kirsten brings Ryan into the kitchen. I really enjoyed this.
Leentje chapter 1 . 10/26/2005
very very good writen

bye
cinnamongrrl61 chapter 1 . 10/26/2005
Beautifully done! This fits in so perfectly, using phrases that Kirsten either actually said-or so easily could have. And the beginning of Kirsten and Ryan's relationship is portrayed effortlessly. I loved it.