Reviews for The Extra Bottle of Whisky
Tumbleweed chapter 1 . 5/6/2002
Hurray! Deadlands fanfiction at last! With the creation of this category, this means that I'm eventually gonna have to scribble up some stuff for it. 'Course, I need to put a nuwisha-centered story or two up in the White wolf section as well, but I digress.

Anyways, the story was enjoyable, it was. The first-person dialouge part is fairly interesting, it is. However, there were a few turns of phrase that seemed a little 'out of character' for a grizzled old miner. But that's just a minor thing, really.

Anyway, it's a fairly nifty story overall, yep. Didn't know whiskey had such an effect on harrowed- or is it just 'GOOD' whiskey? :)
Thor chapter 1 . 12/21/2001
All righty then, second story, second style. I too have alternated first and third perspective viewpoints and found them both interesting and fun to write with. This is a very fun and nice read, simple to get through and with a story that expresses Deadlands well. I think I prefer Marion better then the dirty little theif here. (though I must say this one actually did make me chuckle a little). The only possible complaint is how the terror of the bloat was never truly played up, but I presume you did that to keep the humerous levels going (and of course it's rought to elaborate when you're talking from the point of view of a drunk cowpoke.) A good read, I reccomend it to anyone!
Island Child chapter 1 . 11/7/2001
Heheheee that's pretty funny, good characterisation :) I haven't found very many monologueous stories that are easy to follow.
JohnTFS chapter 1 . 6/28/2001
Good show. I've always been a huge Deadlands fan, and this story catches the dark humor of that setting wonderfully. I say again, good show!
Red Two elizabeth chapter 1 . 4/26/2001
That was truly disgusting. And funny as hell.
TheGryphon chapter 1 . 4/23/2001
:) Very well written, got the whole flavor of the wierd west in there, and I liked the humor of it with the right mix of horror. It was just a bit confusing who the narrator was talking to (another person or himself?), but that might have been intentional. Any good job, and we need more deadlands stuff here!
Lady Jade chapter 1 . 4/23/2001
Hahahahahaha. This was a funny one! I'd like to hear it done live, personally, with a nice, thick, Southern accent. ;-) Humourous stuff, Rogue.

Jade