Reviews for Earrings
NewTypeDemon chapter 1 . 11/15/2007
Something about semi-intelligent people yelling insults at each other always makes for good drama. With any luck, they'll add Seles to the drop-down list of names so we can see more of this kind of quality.
The Scarlet Sky chapter 1 . 9/15/2007
Excellent. I had suspicions about this pairing, and you really did it justice. Amazing job.

Heh...the only thing that surprised me is Genis cussing.

Nips chapter 1 . 6/17/2007
I'd never even heard of this pairing before, but this story makes me think that it could be possible. I could see them hitting it off after agreeing about Zelos's assiness. I was kind of hoping that the clerk's face would meet someone's fist by the end, though... Haha.
Harmony283 chapter 1 . 8/7/2006
I remember reading this a long time ago but now I'm finally going to review! You kept everyone reasonably IC. And the fact that Seles would lie and say Genis bought her the earrings just to save his pride (if anyone ever asked her who bought them) is really cute!

I've gotta say I like Genis/Seles as a pairing better than Genis/Presea now.

But I do wish this wasn't just a one-shot. But oh well, it's not my story it's yours and you can decide what you want to do with it.
brandy mallory chapter 1 . 7/18/2006
aw, that was so cute,
Rose-Wisteria chapter 1 . 5/7/2006
The whole idea/plot was amusing... extremely amusing. _ Earrings, fights, money, Zelos, money again, friendship, and everything else... it was fun to read something so simple, yet so beautiful at the same time.

Starting off with an easy-to-follow plot- Seles wants earrings and drags Genis inside and then ending with a newfound friendship born between Genis and Seles. The similarities they share in personality and in disliking Zelos was written incredibly well- especially since those are the likely qualities in which people like us support Seles/Genis in the first place.

I liked how you mentioned the uncertainties regrading Genis to Seles. Genis, as a character, is full of uncertainties but his constant blushing and lack of speech toward Seles was priceless. I love how he tries to impress her by buying something he thought was a total ripoff. Ah, we all love Genis's moodswings of course and you nailed it right on.

The dialogue for Seles was pretty good. Many of those words I can picture/hear Seles saying them. Maybe it's just the innocence I have or whatever... I just can't see how Genis can say "Bitch" but taking the circumstances under account, I guess it's possible. I think it's just me and my anti-cursing in fiction/fanfiction.

The fanfic overall was an enjoyable read and written well. Your writing style is simple, yet satisfying. The plot fits this pairing and I think you capture all points of Seles and Genis correctly. In other words, good job in capturing such an interesting pairing without going OOC! _

Still... the ending... it seemed so open-ended... not very satisfying at all. It's a good ending, yes but well it's open-ended! Oh well... that means I have to use my own imagination. Hehe. Good luck on your future works.
Xekstrin chapter 1 . 5/6/2006

Awesome. I found a grammatical mistake, though.

"If it helps you credibility, I’d rather lie.”

You forgot to put "R" in "your". That's the only one that really jumped out at me. Great job! You keep Genis IC, and Seles too, based on what little we see of her in the game. You'll probably see my name in future reviews, so later!

Till the next review!
M.Hunter Traubel Trainee chapter 1 . 11/19/2005
Heh heh heh. Wow, that is a good story to put in. Genis and Seles having their verbal mental battles was really funny if you ask me.

The way those two verbally exchanged punches was pretty good and unique in my opinon. And just as one of the previous reviewers stated, this seems to be more ideal than Genis and Presea (That doesn't mean I HATE Genis and Presea though).
writerauthorguy chapter 1 . 11/11/2005
Who knew that this pairing would be so much fun!
J.G. The Gamer chapter 1 . 10/25/2005
Genis and Seles. Definitely unexpected and when actually considered, more ideal then Genis and Presea. Anything Genis would say to Presea would go over head, out the window, and run over by a car. At least Genis would get something of a reaction out of Seles. I honestly think you should make another chapter. I liked this fic a lot.