Reviews for Klink For a Day
janna12 chapter 1 . 4/19
Relly funny and well put together. Loved it
Segue2 chapter 1 . 7/24/2014
"Permission to volunteer as quality control, sir!" (Carter, for LeBeau's strudel)
"Request denied-you know that's senior officer's privilege!"

Classic! I love it! :D
kirin-saga chapter 1 . 6/23/2014
This was AMAZING! I love how you wrote the characters. Their behavior was perfect.

When Carter was protectively watching Newkirk paint the bombs, I had to stop reading for a moment to wonder if he was being protective of Newkirk, watching to make sure he didn't accidentally set off the bomb, or if he was being protective of his bomb, making sure Newkirk didn't accidentally set it off. I came to the conclusion that it was a bit of both.

At first, I was wondering why Newkirk was putting makeup on Carter. That was a brilliant bit of disguise.

I loved how Kinch had to smack Carter when he got carried away, and how calm and... distracted he seemed when he ended the call with Burkhalter. He really does make a good crazy Hitler.

I loved how Carter, when he accidentally started the timer, was so calm. He's like 'Oh, again? Ok then' and gives it a little shake before getting out his tools. I wonder how the others reacted the first time they saw him do that. Not get out his tools, but calmly shake a ticking bomb to check for... whatever he was checking for.

Newkirk was amazing and quirky. I loved his jumping around, his declassified chickens (hilarious!), and his tour of the camp's lovely water barrels and trash cans. And, of course, I loved seeing him shove Hogan into a closet. I mean, he just suddenly came out of nowhere. I bet Hogan was dizzy. At the very least, stunned.

I loved Dusseler. How he showed up all confident and expecting to give Klink a psychological beat down. Instead, he got beaten down. So badly that he ran with his tail between his legs. Almost makes me want to pat him on the head and give him a cookie. I bet he's going to have a really difficult time doing his job in the future.

I found myself wondering if Dusseler thought Neukirche (I love love LOVE the German name you gave him. SO much better than how they 'changed' their names on the show) was assigned to Stalag 13 because he was too... crazy for regular duty. I loved how Newkirk got caught between Dusseler and Burkhalter.

I also loved it when Hogan claimed Klink wasn't real. It was a good way to prepare for someone who knew Klink showing up.

And Schultz makes a good hiding place.

Dusseler needs a nice long rest.

Excellent job!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/18/2014
Very nice! Typical HH farce, with an extra layer to it, as well.
I assume it was deliberate: The 'Behavioural Psychologist' story with it's shades of the concentration camps and some of the experiments performed there, added a lovely, serious, - and very believable - undertone to the whole thing. No wonder poor Dusseler was a nervous wreck when he left.
Otherwise, classic HH. I loved the scene where Schultz first walks into the room filled with 'German Officers' - and Burkhalter hunting for the Schnapps! LOL!
The rest is exactly as it would have played out on the show, I think. Especially Hogan as Klink. Very well done. Thankyou!
kellyh59 chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
LMAO - Great story!
Harm Marie chapter 1 . 6/12/2010
This was so ridiculous that it was perfect.
Deana chapter 1 . 9/13/2009
OH my gosh...ROTFL! I don't know which part was my favorite...when Newkirk ran in and pushed Hogan into the closet just before Burkhalter walked into the door, or when Newkirk, in an SS uniform, was jumping up and down trying to get LeBeau's attention. ROTFLOL! Hilarious! You have a fantastic flair for comedy!
Seiberwing chapter 1 . 1/10/2009
Oh, this is brilliant. I especially loved the schnapps-hunting scene, but the entire thing was hilarious.
ColHogan chapter 1 . 9/26/2008
Just read your story. Loved it! Especially the ine about declassifying the chickens! What a classic line. i could see this as an actual episode of the show if it was still on the air. Great writing!
AnotherJounin chapter 1 . 5/24/2007
Wow... this story was totally amazing! I loved it! The declassifying the chickens was probably the best line from the 'crazy SS officer'! I loved Hogan's explanation of the camp too! Full marks for an enjoyable story!
Sorkin's Gal Friday chapter 1 . 3/13/2004
I loved this story. it was REALLY good. "In the distance, the sky rumbled as Hogan’s Heroes consigned another bridge to the history books. And all was right with the war." I loved those lines. They were the perfect ending to a perfect story.
Kathy M chapter 1 . 6/8/2003
This story is the closest to reading a script of an actual episode I have ever seen. It perfectly captures all the characters and brilliantly comes up with novel touches of humor the show's writers would have wished they had invented first. Hilarious, fast-paced action. Brava!
Tripolar Disorder chapter 1 . 9/23/2002
I love it. It sounded like a story in the true comic genious of the history of the series. I salute you.
hecubus98413 chapter 1 . 1/10/2002
Das story ist guten! ya ya
Sami4 chapter 1 . 10/3/2001
This story is really and truly great. As I was reading it, I could see it played out in my head as a wonderful and very funny episode. By the way, YOU CAN WRITE!