Reviews for In Memoriam
merlyn2 chapter 1 . 12/5/2010
You really should have thought out the ramifications of your meddling with time, Venger.
twitchy witch chapter 1 . 9/17/2010
Wow, this is wonderful! Dark and creepy. Poor Horn-head!
Model Builder chapter 1 . 4/23/2010
Though short, "In Memoriam" is a powerful, well written, and VERY well thought-out story.

I must admit, I had first thought that you had made a mistake by naming Kelek as The Realm's ruler, since Venger destroyed him in a season one episode, and "The Time Lost" did not occur until season three.

But then I realized that when Josep Mueller chose to betray The Young Ones, that his action not only "reset" the history of our world, but of The Realm as well. (Presumably, the "point of divergence" was that Venger never defeated Kelek in "Valley of the Unicorns" episode. This would have allowed Kelek to steal ALL of the unicorn's horns, allowing him to become the most powerful dark wizard in The Realm. Gotta love the "butterfly effect.")

I like "alternate universe" stories as much as I like crossovers, mainly because these stories tend to be very thought-provoking. And your story delivers plenty to think about. Thank you for posting this.
Bluetiger chapter 1 . 3/13/2008
Silly old Venger, you should always think your diabolical plans through first!

I seem to remember that a great General once said "Nothing, except a battle lost, can be half as melancholy as a battle won", although I don't think thats quite what he had in mind. :)
venG chapter 1 . 11/17/2007
For a real warrior life loses its sense without a worthy opponent. The situation you described IMHO is quite realistic as no one else in the Realm except the Young Ones is really interested in giving Venger a good battle. And to my mind he finds his pleasure in a fight. So he can regret the deathes and all the more the total oblivion of his enemies.

Thank you for a great story!
JennyJade chapter 1 . 10/7/2006
One of my favourites, I really really love it.
LadyKatherine29 chapter 1 . 8/7/2006
Really just a very good read. You did a wonderful job. Short and very sweet.
Rana Kane chapter 1 . 10/26/2005
Somberly doleful. From the bottom of my dark, gothic heart, I thank you.
fayzalmoonbeam chapter 1 . 10/26/2005
Lovely, as always, m'dear. An excellent one shot that has me feeling quite sympathetic towards ol' Horn Head. Probably because I really couldn't stand Kelek! A fun one shot :) *throws Sealgirl the Fishfinger of Fabulousness*