Reviews for Night watch
James Ruglia chapter 1 . 6/19/2009
This was a very nice read, thank you!

In-character, smooth use of the english language, spiders... And it was well-paced. I liked everything about how this story came together, especially for a one-shot.
Glenn M chapter 1 . 1/18/2009
Review for "Night Watch"

2:00am GMT

Monday, 19 January 2009

Greetings, this is Glenn M. reviewing!

It's very rare for me to stumble upon great MudShipping fics like these! Towards the end, I was wrapped up in suspense, wondering if Mia did feel the same for Isaac. And the way Isaac confessed, it was like it would be the end of the world for him if Mia didn't return his feelings. And what amazed me the most, the characters weren't OOC here! And for that, this work of yours deserves every bit of praise from me!

That's all for this review! More power, and keep up the good work!
Solis Knight chapter 1 . 7/17/2008
10x better than babysitter mia, way to go!

I liked it. no grammar or spelling mistakes as far as i could see either. id give 8/10 for the story, keep it up!
Hawki chapter 1 . 8/18/2006
Nicely written. It's a good blend of romance and subtle humour.
Rexnos chapter 1 . 4/10/2006
I liked this one better than Indescribable. I've always loved the deep character diving and description in fics like this one.

It's so annoyingly difficult to talk to a girl about things like this. I'm pretty sure I've contemplated doing so, but always thought about how stupid I would sound in the end and what a cowards I would seem like. It would probably be a good idea in the end, but I can't help but think about what an idiot I'd sound like to me in the end.

Nice to know Isaac has more guts than I.

Later,

Rex
Angel of Atonement chapter 1 . 1/8/2006
I really liked that. Issac expressed feelings about events in the game that I wouldn't have even considered but you made it believable.

The only way I could think to improve this would be if you added Mia's emotional development towards Issac and didn't just have Issac's development towards Mia, which was well done, I thought.

Overall, an excellent story.
Kodoku chapter 1 . 10/27/2005
Aww that was soo sweet. Nice to know that when Isaac and Mia met it wasn't 'love at first sight'...that was getting a bit overused, although I have no problem with it. I liked the change. I loved your desriptions. I love mudshipping. I love how you portray the characters. I loved the story...lol.

Hopefully, soon, you'll make more.

Kodoku
Auteur87 chapter 1 . 10/27/2005
There's something I really like about all your stories, Cynic, and that is the fact that reading them always gives me a really nice feeling. I don't know what it is, but somehow your stories have an effect that many other romance writers fail to duplicate, and this story was certainly no exception. You did a wonderful job with portraying Isaac and Mia's emotions, especially Isaac's inner musings at the beginning, and the final "confession," while a bit cliched, was just as magical as those of your other works. Good job. :)

Unfortunately, however, there is one other thing that I notice about your style, something that seems to stand out more as I read more of your stories, and that is the fact that your dialogue... just doesn't sound like things your average seventeen-year-olds would say offhand. It seems a lot like you tried to take the sort of language that you use *outside* of your dialogue and make Isaac and Mia say it... but unfortunately, that doesn't always make your dialogue believable. It's usually helpful for me, when writing dialogue, simply to not think about what I *want* my characters to say, but rather what I think they *would* say, just off the top of their heads, given the situation that I have put them in. I've usually found, when I read over dialogue that I've written using that technique, that it sounds very natural, and I think it's definitely something you should try using to see if you find it helpful.

Overall, though, you still have a very nice short piece on your hands, and I'd love to see you do more one-shots like this. And I would also like to tell you that your various Mudshipping stories have inspired me to try my hand at one of my own after about two years of lurking in this section. Thanks, and keep up the good work. :)

~TheOneAndOnlyT~
Ark Navy chapter 1 . 10/27/2005
Goodness gracious, how long has it been since I've read anything Golden Sun? Too long at best!

Looking back at it now though, I have to admit, the MAJORITY of muddshippers are preetty sappy and cheesy, but that's okay because we all need that balance... ...Wow, that was some damn good writing, man. Truly inpspriable.
Purple Lurker chapter 1 . 10/27/2005
Heheh. I love how you always use "the biological urge for oxygen" in these.
TanMan chapter 1 . 10/27/2005
Nice story! Finally I get to see a GOOD mudshipping fic.
ElementalSpirit1 chapter 1 . 10/27/2005
Mudshipping Rules!
Princess Viv chapter 1 . 10/27/2005
UWAH, HOW FLUFFY! Kawaii! *sigh*

-cough- Anyho, yup, I, er, heh. Back to the sibject point, I really enjoyed it! It's really good! . Short and sweet. Hehe.

Meh, as I said, cute, sweet, wonderful. Is there anything else I have to say...? *muses* Nope. Oh yeah! Btw, you haven't put a disclaimer on here - you might want to, lest some idiot come along and report you... -_-;; It's a possibility. Heh. ;;

Anyway, back to your LJ. Gotta finish my comment. ;;

Princess Viv

PS. Am I the first reviewer, or should I be disappointed again? ;; And thanks for mentioning my fic in here.