Reviews for How Can I?
Lifestyle chapter 1 . 12/1/2007
Now THAT is the truest thing I have heard all year.

It makes me remember just how much God sacrificed for us. I'll remember this next time someone puts me down or hurts me, esspecially with Christmas coming up.

This is one of those drabbles that tugs at a person's heart strings. Very touching and very well done!
prettyinpinkgal chapter 1 . 12/17/2006
Great job! You're a great writer! And amen to the message!
mistyshadow chapter 1 . 6/20/2006
Would you mind if I copied and pasted your story to e-mail to my mom? umm Im not aloud to give my e-mail away on the internet but maybe you could post your answer somewhere, I wont copy and paste it untill you say yes! so dont worry Ill give you full credit!
forgotten angel chapter 1 . 11/6/2005
i really liked this! it was good and insightful etc!~ ;) (see, i review! lol ;) ) great job! :D
Sara chapter 1 . 10/31/2005
Very good. Yes, he forgave us of more than we will we ever have to forgive of others. Infinitely more.

That is what we must always remember. Thank you for expressing it so well.

When we look upon those who hurt us, we must keep in mind how we must look to God, when we constantly offend Him. Yet he never abandons us. As long as there is life, there is forgiveness available to those who wish to repent.

Prayer is the best way to handle such difficult situations. Just a simple contemplation on the mercy of God, and all becomes clear.

We must pray for those who hurt us, and put them in the hands of God. For He alone truly knows their hearts, and all that they are, and all that they may become, with His grace.

This applies to each one of us, as we are all sinners, none of us perfect. Every one of us depends upon the mercy of God. So should we remember, when others are in need of our forgiveness.

Now, if we have the opportunity to counsel in some way, with humility and charity, then we should try to do so. It is part of our duty to our neighbor to try our best in this regard. But it may not always be possible.

Prayer is always possible.

Pray for their souls, as we pray for our own.

Blessings!
Orenios chapter 1 . 10/31/2005
nasty
almostinsane chapter 1 . 10/29/2005
Great story! Sadly it's human nature to be bitter and want revenge.
celesdan chapter 1 . 10/29/2005
God has let me know that one of the bes ways to forgie is o loo at the person not as they seem, but as they could be, and as they were. Every ingle one of us, evn Hitler, was once an innocent child. What could have happened to make that child do what they did. Envision them as that child and anger toward fade if God lets it happen. One can also look at them as they could be. Looking at Saul of Tarsus as Paul the apostle. Who but God knows wat that person could end up as? Maybe one of your closest friends! Trust in God, ask for grace, may God give yu the grace to forgive all those who trespass and are indebted to you.

God Bless all!
MedinaMax chapter 1 . 10/28/2005
Simple but effective. It says so much.

Forgiveness can be difficult sometimes, but it makes it much easier when we remember that no matter how nasty or vicious or horrible the sins against us have been, they are still nowhere near the magnitude of our sins against God, who is perfect in His goodness. Yet, He will always forgive us if we repent.

In the face of such tremendous mercy, we have no right to withhold our own forgiveness from anyone else.

It doesn't mean, of course, that we have to forget what has happened, or let that person back into the position to do such things to us again, or stop defending ourselves or defending what is right, or be silly about it in any such way. It just means we let go of all hostility, and genuinely wish them well, from our hearts.

The best means of dealing with a person who is hurting you is to pray about it. Ask God for help, for yourself, and for that person, that they may find the grace to change their ways. That is what we would want someone to do for us, if we were behaving in a vile way, after all. Love your neighbor as yourself. Not one of us is perfect. We all need prayers.

Well, I guess you really inspired me. I don't usually leave reviews this long. :) Nice work!

God bless.
Limelee chapter 1 . 10/27/2005
Very nice.

It's not always easy to forgive, to be sure, but the more we strive to practise forgiveness, and the more we pray about it, the easier it gets. It becomes part of us.

"Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us."

Those words were given to us by God Himself; we are instructed to say those words to our heavenly Father every day when we pray.

We are asking God to forgive us AS WE FORGIVE others.

A very serious thought.

Of course, forgiveness means that we harbor no ill will towards any other person in our heart; it means that we truly and sincerely want what is best for them, especially what is best for their soul; despite anything they may have done to hurt us.

It does not mean that we lie down and become a doormat for anyone who wants to walk all over us; we have a duty to be strong in our faith, and to fight the spiritual battles that confront us every day.

We have to remember the cardinal virtues: Fortitude, Prudence, Temperance, Justice.

We must not use "forgiveness" as an excuse to avoid our responsibilities as soldiers of the Lord.

Just thought I'd add that.

Your poem was really good. It said it very well.