Reviews for The Open Handed Prince
untapdtreasure chapter 22 . 5/18/2014
This was so beautiful. I am just so beyond thrilled to have found such a beautiful work of fiction. I love bess and Danziger's relationship. Its the perfect fit for this story. The love making between john and devon was breath taking. It wasn't over the top, and it was just enough. So glad they laid ellie to rest and they were able to move on. Move forward as a family. Just beautiful.
Sedra chapter 22 . 3/1/2009
Such a lovely, touching ending. Thank you so much!
Arcole chapter 22 . 2/24/2009
Thank you very much for this! I had no idea it was started 4 years ago! I think I found it last summer maybe? Hard to believe I've been waiting for chapter updates for this long. Anyway, when I first found it, I was hooked! I remembered reviewing and begging for more. From the start, I thought you captured John's strength and his weaknesses. His breakdown was awful and totally believable. Then the other characters have also just blossomed. Devon, Bess, and Morgan have been so wonderfully fleshed out over the work. I thought the whole Morgan vid stuff was so funny and so perfect.

And now to come to the end with Yale in full force, doing such a beautiful job. This was really really lovely closure. For the group, and for us. Thanks so much again for taking time to present this to the Earth 2 community.
HEW chapter 22 . 2/21/2009
Congratulations on finishing! And wow! That was completely unexpected, but the absolute perfect ending. It was so beautiful - you had me in tears again! Thanks for taking us on this amazing journey - I've enjoyed every minute of it!
Arcole chapter 21 . 2/3/2009
oh squeal squeal! You handled this just perfectly! I love it!
Sedra chapter 21 . 2/2/2009
Ahem. You made me drop my leftover Super Bowl chicken wing.
Sedra chapter 20 . 1/26/2009
I love the way you're depicting the kids. And I kinda like it whenever True puts Uly in his place. And Morgan has been coming to his senses and realizing he has too eager playmates. Your Morgan would be such a fun babysitter. And True thinking of both Bess and Devon as mothers is fantastic. I think she would get different benefits from her relationships with both of them that would complement each other really well. You could say the same for John, too, of course. (And you have). Thanks! More!
Arcole chapter 20 . 1/26/2009
Fun! The interchange between the kids was great. I like that Uly is still being a kid even though True has grown up a lot. And Morgan and Bess's entrance was really spot on. Morgan has come such a long way!
HEW chapter 20 . 1/26/2009
The benefit to staying up past midnight reading fanfiction is getting the new updates hot-off-the-presses so you can stay up even later reading more fanfiction! And, OMH, that was so cute! Those are some pretty smart kids. I'm enjoying the humanization of Morgan as well - who knew he'd end up being so great with the kids? Another brilliant chapter. (I have to say though, that I hope you'll keep further scenes with John and Devon clean. Implication is plenty, just as it was on the show.) Thanks for continuing with the story - I'm always afraid each chapter will be the last one and I'm glad we're not quite there yet!
Arcole chapter 19 . 1/13/2009
Sorry it took so long to R&R this! OMG, what a nice depiction of John! His nervous tension was so believable and her recognition of all he was and all he'd done for them was just beautiful. I love John. I hope Devon is very very good to him. He deserves it!
carolann chapter 19 . 1/11/2009
It's got to be hard to be in such a small group for such a long period without any real privacy and no vacations. The only breaks that they get from each other are for those who may do some scouting work. That has to be very taxing on everyone - even if you do get along well. And if John is overworking, then he needs to learn how to delegate some of the work and responsibility. The group also might want to plan to have some time off. I know that they're anxious to get to New Pacifica as fast as they can, but people need rest breaks and vacations in order to rejuvenate themselves. They actually are more productive after they've rested and relaxed. Devon to me needs to build some rest breaks into their schedule and make that a priority for everyone there.
carolann chapter 18 . 1/11/2009
Nice chapter. I guess I never got the impression from the show that anyone wasn't pulling their weight in the group except Morgan or that the others (with the exception of Morgan) didn't work that hard. I would expect that after a few months and the initial adrenalin rush that everyone got when they crashed had subsided that their situation would take a toll on them all. The hard terrain, lack of sleep, limited food and water, and constantly having to be on their guard against attack, would I expect after time start to chip away at them. It also sounds like before this that humans had never encountered any other sentient lifeforms and that would be shocking along with your own government trying to kill you and finding out a number of their dirty little secrets such as the convicts on the planet.
HEW chapter 19 . 1/5/2009
I know it's probably getting boring to hear but I love this chapter! From the crew joking about "Morganese" to your reflections on John and Uly's relationship as well as John and Devon's - it's all wonderful. Manna for the unabashed Danziger worshipper! I especially loved the bit about Uly hitching his pants! Thank you, thank you!
HEW chapter 18 . 12/30/2008
Sigh of blissful contentment! Saw you'd posted this just before leaving for work today so was antsy all day waiting to get home and read it! Who knew Walman could be so insightful (noone since all he ever got to do was fall asleep on gaurd duty!) I love how you examine the impact on everyone in camp and gave life to them all. I especially love, love, love that last line! Perfection!
Arcole chapter 18 . 12/30/2008
Yay! Loving Walman in particular. Wish the Ops crew hadn't been so hard hit by Danz's crash-but they would be, wouldn't they? The rock they built their security on had crumbled a bit under the pressure. That would be hard for them to take.