Reviews for Harry Potter and the Nightmares of Futures Past
cbac1990 chapter 42 . 14h
*cries* please update
*cries some more* its been two years...
2flyingkiwis chapter 42 . 7/21
Wow, just spent the past few days immersed your wonderful story. It feels so well thought out and crafted (though I did miss when Harry got the map from the twins...maybe I was rushing to try find out what was going to happen next!)
Look forward to reading more.
Thanks for sharing!
Dear author,
I read my son the first Harry Potter book when he was six years old. We were hooked. We were invested in the characters but limited to actual stories. Then a few years ago my son discovered FanFiction. Honestly, I didn't get it. How could you mess with Harry Potter? Why would someone want to? Finally (& mainly to get him to stop pestering me), I told him I'd read one FanFiction story. He gave me yours. After one chapter I wanted more. You are an excellent writer & I was transported. I was able to enjoy your version without taking away from my love of the original so here come my complaint. How can you just stop in the middle? How cruel to draw readers into the world you create & leave them hanging. I think that is the epitome of unfair. Didn't your mother ever teach you not to start what you couldn't finish?
Signed-an howling mother
Monkeyboy99 what happened to the author then?
BlueFox92315 chapter 1 . 7/18
I love this story it's just the best. Can not get enough. I heard some of what happened with the Author :( Hope you can get back to doing what you love X)
Ottawa Pagan chapter 42 . 7/17
Amazing story!
Mazzax chapter 41 . 7/17
Okay, I thought the joke wand idea was pretty brilliant. I was a little surprised Madam Bones didn't question why Harry had one in his pocket at the time, though. I am curious what the DMLE would need (or want) joke wands for, as I'm not sure an Auror would get much use out of them.

Regarding the rioters using portkeys to get away: it doesn't seem realistic that the whole group would manage to escape in that scenario. Some of them had already been stunned, and none of the others unstunned their fallen comrades, so at the very minimum those individuals would have been captured. The only way they would have gotten away would be a portkey that automatically activates when the wearer loses consciousness, which as far as I'm aware is something that only exists in fanfiction. I find it highly improbable that they all had such portkeys, partly because of how difficult it would be to make (and how few people even take the courses that would teach someone how to do so) and partly because it seems unlikely that they would have thought that far ahead and considered the possibility of being defeated.

If I had to hazard a guess for Harry's animagus training being stuck at this stage, it would be that he has two inner animals right now due to the older Harry and younger Harry not having fused yet, and being so different personality-wise. So when Harry tries to hand over the controls of the self-transfiguration to his inner animal, he's actually giving it to two, and each is trying to turn him into something different. Which is really a nice take on the issues with multi-animagus!Harry.

On another note, I would kind of like to see Harry tell Prof. Slughorn about Pansy demanding to know what blackmail Harry has on him. Not so much to get her in trouble, but to help highlight how spoiled and/or lacking in cunning the current generation of Slytherins is.
This is the best fanfiction i have ever read. I was horrified to find out i had no chapters left to read. how long do these updates normally take? anyway, please post more soon!
demichiel chapter 28 . 7/13
Hi, this is really a great story, it is awsome. I found a little spelling error btw, nothing major but i thought mabey you like to know :)

in the sentence were hermione accuses ron to have a emotical depth of a teaspoon, the word "that" should be "than" i believe
Very interesting time travel story! I liked Harry being more powerful.
Bastet96 chapter 42 . 7/12
Please finish!
Please please please finish this! 1 or 2 chapters a month is all I ask for! It's been nearly two years and I am so keen to know how this ends! Please!
KittenWitch. Oh hi. Flunk isn't a british term. My mum's English & she says never used. Drop out probably be better.
Kimmytrainer chapter 38 . 7/10
It's becoming extremely AU now... Not sure I can handle it. I'm glad Millicent was given a chance, and I'm glad there was a bit of development between Harry and Ginny. Also, the thing with Scrimgeor was awesome.
Kimmytrainer chapter 36 . 7/10
Okay, Harry's counter to Mr. Granger was amazing. A, Hermione-worthy material. Great job! I'm getting nervous about how things will play out from here, but that's been the case for most chapters XD
15,019 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »