Reviews for Flames of the Past
kokoronagomu chapter 11 . 4/23/2010
captivating and entertaining story. i enjoyed the little sprinkling of humor and the camaraderie between the characters.

i hope you're doing well and that you will eventually start writing again, you're good at it!

a pleasure,

ginny

kokoronagomu. deviantart. com
skenshingumi chapter 11 . 5/14/2006
This is a tantalizing ending because it is a sweet set up for a sequel! I can't believe we don't know yet what Kenshin is off to do. Private detective agency and laundry service, perhaps?

This was an enjoyable ride.
skenshingumi chapter 10 . 5/14/2006
I loved the bits with the cell phone ringing forgotten in the locker and the cat knocking Kenshin's home phone off the hook. Fate plays right into Shishio's hands; that is, until Hiko decides he has to capture his renegades at all costs. I can just picture him taking the credit for this when it's over.
skenshingumi chapter 9 . 5/14/2006
Excellent chapter. I really like how you made it so Kenshin would feel just as responsible for his wife's death and for letting down his colleagues and superiors.
skenshingumi chapter 8 . 5/14/2006
This story is a lot of fun. I like the mystery and police story aspects twisted with the Kyoto arc. I wonder if Kenshin's story will somehow reveal if he is worried about turning into a darker, more aggressive version of himself.?
skenshingumi chapter 7 . 5/14/2006
Go Holly-chan, I liked the idea of the decrepit car with the great stereo. I picture it being a 70's era VW bug with the multi-colors and the old bumper stickers.

I thought it was interesting that Kenshin and Kaoru finally have a date even if just for coffee and they manage to piss each other off.
skenshingumi chapter 6 . 5/14/2006
I missed Sano getting shot. If this doesn't get Megumi's attention, nothing will.
skenshingumi chapter 5 . 5/14/2006
Hiko certainly blew off Kenshin. I was surprised that Kenshin got mad at Sano. Now Saito of all people is going to back him up.

It was nice to actually have some more conversation between K&K.
skenshingumi chapter 4 . 5/14/2006
Misao as a paramedic could be a little scary, don't you think?

I am betting that Shishio is watching our redhead and caught that bit of chemistry between Kaoru and him, undoubtedly sealing her fate. Unit 42 to the rescue.
skenshingumi chapter 3 . 5/14/2006
So it looks like Shishio is after his own comrades. I am assuming you are crossing the Shishio saga with Tomoe.
skenshingumi chapter 2 . 5/14/2006
I like the idea that they are the misfit group but I am counting on them to do something spectacular and redeem themselves.
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
I have been looking forward to reading this story after perusing the others because this one was marked "complete."
Anonymous but very interested chapter 11 . 11/30/2005
Hi! This story was pretty good. My advice would just be that perhaps you should slow down the action a bit. Though the action shouldn't drag too much, zipping through it won't bring out its full effect either. But "Flames of the Past" was quite good. I hope you don't feel offended with my comments.

The image of a police officer and a donut..._ I can just imagine Sano in a police officer uniform eating a donut.

Hiko was a little out-if-character in this fanfiction, but that's OK since you needed him to be. Personally, though, I think that his personality in the series suits him more. Well, fanfiction authors must use their imagination, right?

I hope you'll write more stories in the future, or continue any that you've begun!

Good luck!

_
charmed-sword chapter 11 . 11/29/2005
It's over? *sniff* But what a great ending to a great story! The beginning was pretty tense, for a moment I thought someone was going to get hurt, but it was only Shishio, which frankly, is a good thing. *grin*

I love how Kaoru saved Kenshin from the bullet...and finally, they are together, as it should be. The end part, with all of them talking of moving on, and no more Unit 42 and all, that was pretty sad!

Bittersweet!

Unit 42 sure as heck was funny, and I enjoyed going along for the ride! _ A lovely ending. I'm glad you decided to stick with this plot Godzilla! lol (your sisters are hilarious)

And CONGRATULATIONS on this being your longest piece, and the first one to be finished!

*balloons and streamers come out of sky.*

*shakes yer hand* _

Can't wait to see what else you've got up your sleeve SSD!
SpaceRoses chapter 11 . 11/29/2005
I can't believe it's done. The ending section was great, bittersweet and believable. Ah, that's how life goes I guess, you find a really good story, you read it and then it ends. Thank you for shareing this awesome story with us, and I look forward to more of your work on this site.

Spaceroses