Reviews for Lessons
deanandjo4ever1 chapter 1 . 9/7/2012
Liked the Zoe and Jayne interaction in this little step along the way, I felt like you really got her voice in this story. Loved the fact that Jayne is trying to court her all proper and the like think its shiny
RomanceGuru chapter 1 . 5/1/2006
“Don’t try to be something you’re not Jayne. It’s sweet, what you’re trying to do for River, but I don’t think it’s necessary. She likes you because you’re you – not because you could be someone else with a little bit of training, dong ma?”

-Wonderful advice from Zoe!
Azamiko chapter 1 . 11/21/2005
_...I like tea...
Zholla chapter 1 . 11/20/2005
the conversation with Zoe was sweet...and the way you end it where they both speak in cantonese was a stroke of brilliance...in an already brilliant series of passages...

Again I say...you transport me with your words Michmak...

Thanks ever so much...
JazzyMcWier chapter 1 . 10/30/2005
Aw, so sweet. Loved!
Karanina chapter 1 . 10/29/2005
Oh That's so sweet that he was trying to do all that proper formal stuff for River, but Zoe definately had it right in the end... I can't wait to see their first date.
Ana Sedai chapter 1 . 10/29/2005
This was so sweet. I can just picture poor Jayne trying to handle those tiny little teacups. I must say, the whole life-saving bit was great, but if a guy ever did this whole courting thing for me, I'd marry him in about two seconds.
Liliumscribe chapter 1 . 10/29/2005
Aw... Jayne is so cute here... Nice to have a bit of a laugh at his expense.

Very enjoyable reading.
Lattelady chapter 1 . 10/29/2005
Nice addition to an already wonderful series. I really like seeing other crew members getting in on what is going on, especially when it shows bits and pieces of there background.
The Pineapple chapter 1 . 10/29/2005
Slowly losing interest, Michmak...it was a good chapter but it really didn't go anywhere. They were quite a few funny parts, and I know you probably don't want to immediately plunge into them sexin' eachother up and whatnot, but yeah. This is the only slightly boring one so far.

I used that 'stupid inbred stack of meat' phrase in my Firefly story. It's a great one, yeh?
James Jago chapter 1 . 10/29/2005
Jayne learning to use a fork properly; now THAT I'd pay good money to watch!
Jack E. Peace chapter 1 . 10/29/2005
Cute story! I loved the scenes with Mal and Inara and how much she's changed since the end of the film; they were perfect together, relaxed and normal the way you wrote them. Kaylee and Jayne were cute too but the best part was with Zoe and Jayne. Zoe should be in these stories more often. This was a very cute fic!
Evilbunny chapter 1 . 10/29/2005
I'm so glad Zoe set him straight (*sniffle* Wash). My only quibble would be that your scene jumps don't show up in the format. Iffin you're looking to have a slightly disorienting transition (and you might. Keep readers on their toes it works just fine, but otherwise a couple of asterixes or something might do some good.