Reviews for A Life in the Day of Reno
Firexwings chapter 2 . 4/25
I love your writing, the story love it! Write more please!
Fenris5000 chapter 2 . 1/17/2015
I read chapter 1 years ago and it was one of my favorite Final Fantasy stories... When I happened by today and recognised it (reread it of course) and then realized there was a sequel? I was so happy! (Happy doesn't do it justice actually, but I can't come up with a better word right now)

McChocobo's was priceless :D

I'm soooooo glad I came over to this section today! Keep up the great work!
OwMyFace chapter 2 . 9/2/2014
I only just stumbled upon this fic, and I'm so glad I did. It is brilliant.
I really liked how the plot of both chapters kind of gathers speed, like an avalanche or something. It makes for thrilling reading. It's also a cool way to kind of reflect Reno's character - the way he kind of rushes through one escapade after another, and then it all catches up to him in the end.
The balance between humour and seriousness was also spot on. There are, of course, many laugh-out-loud moments, but the darker stuff concerning Reno's guilt (those dreams were a really effective way of getting that across) make it a really satisfying read. I honestly cracked up at that cut to the zolom's train of thought.
I was also very impressed by the ending of Day Harder. That moment when it's revealed that Tseng was pulling the strings all along is brilliant. One of those endings that seems to come out of nowhere, but when you think about it you wonder why you didn't anticipate it. Rude's response felt very realistic and in-character, too.
Thank you so much for writing this!
Aye End Eye chapter 2 . 8/16/2014
10/10 will fap again
Anelat chapter 2 . 8/15/2014
I am not a Turk expert, so correct me if I am wrong, but would Tseng really do all that to keep Reno his version of 'adjusted'? Seems a little far fetched to me. An amusing far fetched. A fun read far fetched. But far fetched.

I like all the little tie ins with the game. The Zolom being the top. But also Yuffie, Dyne's limp, Zangan, others I may have forgotten.

Heh, Cait Sith a sploding Candi.

Reno with feels!

Life of the Month!

Okay, yeah, I do not write reviews well.. All in all, I think I liked it more than part one. Except the Chocobo a splosion.
TK Grimm chapter 2 . 8/12/2014
Oh my /god/ I remember reading this way years back and thinking it was the greatest thing ever. I saw this update on my favorites list and was like, "Wait, what? Seriously?" and dropped what I was doing just so I could re-read the first part and then read the second.

I know it was crazy long, but I seriously commend you for it. This was SO great. Your Day in the Life series has been on my Recommendations on my profile since like, 2008. And this sequel, it just, gah. Hah, you know, the best part is that it just.. it has the same feel that the game did way back when. Not the new stuff, like the movie and Kingdom Hearts and all that nonsense. But old PS1 Final Fantasy 7. It's got that grittiness that the new, almost kiddish stuff just.. left behind I guess? Do you know what I mean? You captured the original essence. And it's great.

I wish I could write a better review, but I'm terrible at them. Anyway, I really enjoyed this, and I'd probably read whatever book you come out with, too.

Licoriceallsorts chapter 2 . 8/12/2014
Well, you needn't have worried about living up to the genius of the first chapter. This was just as good - better, in fact, thanks to that knotty problem of the plate-drop. In terms of dealing with its psychological effects, this is probably the best Reno-centric fic I've read. It was also really funny - I'm not at all a laugh out loud kind of person but I laughed out loud at this (especially the auto-asphyxiation, it's just what the Pres would do.) And very clever. Great characterisations all round. I posted a link to think on my tumblr but if you've posted your own link I can take mine down and reblog yours.

So glad to see you're still writing.
Dragoandnikki chapter 1 . 2/9/2014
Oh. My. God. This was... perfection. The flow was good enough to keep me from stuttering at grammar or spelling mistakes if there were any, I don't remember seeing any... Write another one like this, but make the girl a little older and standoffish, or wait, no... I'm gonna write it!
ColorMeChromatic chapter 1 . 9/19/2013
OMG, what a day Reno had! I couldn't imagine living it, but it was one hell of a read! I turkey enjoyed it, and I don't blame Raina for wanting to marry Reno when she grow up. Everyone should.
lilith dracul chapter 1 . 7/10/2013
That was freaking epic god just epic...I would laugh my ass of if you wrote a story where they did meet again
SinsofMidnight chapter 1 . 3/8/2013
Oh... my... lord!

Have mercy upon us poor mortals! I about died laughing!

I liked the detail and the development of the character Raina.
I also just love that Reno has no trouble just taking her anywhere he usually goes -except the bar.

Terrific piece :)
amechan87 chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
Love this!
MarnieWasThere chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
What an awesome story-the BEST Reno fic I've read so far! The balance of humour and serious plot was perfect & the Turk was very believable; he surely has to be good at his job or he wouldn't be there? Great to see someone giving him the credibility he deserves. Brilliant, thank you so much for posting.
Animegoil chapter 1 . 7/13/2010
That was way too much fun to read. Fantastic descriptions and attention to detail, and wow, how did you manage to plot that all so seamlessly? The Candi thing was hilarious, btw. This should totally be made into an episode, it's brilliant. 3
The Genesis Awards chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
I am extraordinarily pleased to inform you that your story, "A Life in the Day of Reno", has been nominated for The Genesis Awards Best Short Fic Category 2010. The Genesis Awards exists to reward the authors of FFVII fanfiction that show a certain standard of grammar and formatting, relevance to canon and characterization. Your story was nominated by Shagi Tigori and passed to the preliminary reading rounds because of the quality your story possesses. On April 15th, the Shortlisting for the Genesis Awards will take place, and on June 15th the final results will be tallied and posted.

If you have any questions or comments, please visit our Fan Fiction Net Profile or The Genesis Awards forum.

Congratulations, and good luck.

Best Regards,