Reviews for The Rules of Engagement
Katla chapter 9 . 4/6/2006
I just discovered your Sherlock Holmes series about two weeks ago and have been using quite a lot of my free time reading it. I finally got through the first three and what you've written of the fourth and I have to say, these are the BEST Sherlock Holmes fan fictions I have ever read. They are absolutely outstanding. Your characterization of both Holmes and Watson has been fresh but faithful, and Helen is an interesting and engaging character as well. In fact, Helen is wonderful.

Not only are your characterizations absolutely great, but the stories are extremely well written and the mysteries...! The Lucifer Hunt, The Respectable Harlot and Blind Justice have been a joy to read. Amazing job on those.

And last but not least, I love the romantic part of the series. I have to say that this is the only time I have read a story in which Sherlock Holmes falls in love and not thought, "Oh please." I'm astonished at how well you did it! You have done the impossible: you caused Sherlock Holmes to fall in love. ;) That is the single best part (in my opinion) of this series. The love story has been developed gradually, skillfully, realistically and no one was out of character for a moment. I have enjoyed reading your stories very, very much and I can't wait for the next update.

Katla
Terriah chapter 9 . 4/2/2006
what a lovely chapter again the characters are developing wonderfully!xhx
Susana chapter 9 . 3/30/2006
Please, please Aerynfire: Is so good to see Holmes and Helen so happy together! Please give some chapters more like this before your (┬┐inevitable?) portion of angst in the future.

Please they do not feel it like an interference

(I a.m. very inserted, I'm sorry)
gaudy night chapter 9 . 3/28/2006
Wow!

This has got to be the best chapter yet! It was so sexy! So steamy! Wo!
Anna McNarin chapter 9 . 3/27/2006
I have been growing increasingly curious where this will end up, mostly because of certain dates -if you stick with the canon. Keep up the good work. In my mind, the longer you take the better it will be, because you have more of a chance to go over it.
Susana chapter 9 . 3/27/2006
What said over this "maravilla"? perhaps to agree

with other readers and to put an adjective: electrific, sensual. As for me, I cannot let read, read and read so magnificos paragraphs.
Daze-dly chapter 9 . 3/26/2006
*swoons*

Once again, an electrified chapter. Loved the pace of it at the beginning. I was nearly puffing on Holmes' behalf;o) And 'temporary clothing blindness'. LOL. I'm glad somebody finally put a word for that annoying (and regrettably, frequent) phenomenon.

What stood out the most for me was the light banter between the two. Personally, I think that writing up dialogue that's funny and sweet, and heartfelt and serious, then back to being playful - all the while staying as true to the characters as possible is a huge achievement. I love that they can joke around with each other. And that Holmes can actually be funny in a fanfic;o)

Yes - aa definite next step in their relationship... things look to be getting serious. *whoop*

Til next chapter...:o)

Daze
Doc7Devotee chapter 1 . 3/26/2006
OMG this is the best story yet! I read all four installment in two days. It is an incredible read! As you may have noticed from my user ID. I'm a BIG Jeremy Brett Fan and he is all I see in your Holmes intrepretation. The last chapter was absolutely delightful as well as downright sensual! I couldn't help but read certain paragraphs over and over again. Keep it coming! Can't get enough of this romantic Holmes! Please update soon as I cannot wait to see what's next for this enchanting couple!
C.M Cruz chapter 9 . 3/25/2006
I was having such a bad day, then I come on and find out that you guys have updated! This chapter was just as great as the last one, and the last one. *huge Sigh* Why can't guys be more like that? I wish Chivalry was taught in school for boys.

Oh did I mention that I love you guys? Cause I DO!
fangirl chapter 9 . 3/24/2006
Yay! Update!

Keep the romantic stuff coming, it's great )
bluedecor chapter 9 . 3/23/2006
smashing! delightful!
Amberlin chapter 9 . 3/23/2006
I think this is my favorite chapter. You've created a vibe of heat and electricty. There was nothing passive or relaxed about this part, even from the moment Holmes rushes into the house. The kisses were superb and dizzying to the reader as well :)

Holmes better start thinking of marriage soon, or else everyone (including him and Helen) are going to get increasingly frustrated.
Lady Razorsharp chapter 8 . 3/23/2006
Sorry this review is so late-This was a lovely chapter! Yay kiss-the first REAL kiss! _ Very Holmes, too-full of observation and noting of the minute details. I ask you, how could he NOT fall in love, when he's so keen on those details? But that's probably just me, fangirling. :P

The various characters at the party make me chuckle-you've captured the sort of precarious propriety that one might associate with that period, how everyone was careful not to offend and yet there were always those who were boring, a little uncouth, snobby, etc. Helen, as always, sails these stormy seas with grace, even with Holmes' distracting presence (perhaps she's learned how to do that from him?).

And the Watsons, the dear people. *sigh*

All in all, a big YAY from me! _
Olive Hue chapter 9 . 3/23/2006
Yay, fantastic, wonderful, glorious chapter! Mm, I absolutely love this story. And I love Holmes in this light; you've made him warmer and sweeter, without taking away that eccentric personality we all know and love so well. And oh my gosh, I LOVED that part when Helen let it slip that she adored him, and she expected him to freak out, but instead he kissed her like it was going out of style. Best part in the chapter. Can't wait to decide my favorite part in the next chapter!

-Waki
Waiter chapter 9 . 3/23/2006
A note was gently passed to Helen, which she opened eagerly, though trying to seem politely curious and aloof. Her face flushed as she read:

"Ms. Thurlow's presence is desired immediately for a quick romp in the carriage waiting for her at the corner of Trafalgar square and Pall Mall."

Come on. You know that would fit in. EDITING TIME.

..Please?