Reviews for Devoted
Salome Maranya chapter 24 . 2/22/2014
I am really really glad that they decided to make an anime with the manga-ver. ending, otherwise a part of my heart would still be broken from what happened with the previous series.
There was never really any need to confirm anything, they were, to say, canon, from the beginning.
Anyway, thanks for making this! :D
I enjoyed them Royai moments
070 chapter 24 . 8/22/2009
Oh, these were great! I absolutely loved "Blatant Insubordination" XD
Califaction chapter 24 . 6/1/2008
This is a great collection of gen Roy and Riza fic! It shows their mutual devotion as well as their mutual angst. I admire your decision not to make the drabbles romantic; it really shows that you don't need romance to have love/trust/devotion. I love the snapshots of daily life as well as seeing how they met, and humorous stories showcasing Roy's occasional ineptitude and Riza's temper. You do a great job of keeping to their already in-depth characterization, and still revealing new things to the reader. I especially liked "The Greatest Inconveniene," "The Uninvited Guest," "To See the Ocean," "Confrontations," and of course this latest one, "Reunion." It's great to see someone bring up the fact that Roy's resignation is not only Roy being emo and giving up on life, but also Roy being emo and /abandoning/ his loyal subordinates, and his country, to a flawed system. The moment of his return was amazing! "He was their General again, and all they wanted to do was his bidding." I could feel Riza's relief and joy here, as well as her frustration and anger when he left. Thanks for writing and posting!
Califaction chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
This is completely adorable, and I can totally see this happening in the canon. Mustang likes/appreciates Hawkeye just enough to be chivalrous for her, especially when she's already caught him doing something embarrassing. Also, very well written. I can get a good sense of their characters, which is great in a ficlet like this. Very cute! Thanks for writing and posting!
Reloj chapter 21 . 1/3/2008
Haha! I loved how Roy gave himself a mental note to mock Riza.

And I honestly enjoyed reading these; I found it in tune with the characters. Keep writing! :)
Ana Luminita chapter 24 . 1/3/2008
You capture a lovely innocence between them, it is very sweet.
The Tiramisu Of Impending Doom chapter 19 . 11/10/2006
Ah, crap, so damn pretty. This makes me think of Sting's "Desert Rose" song. If I ever could make a FMA video with the song, I would. Anyway, the imagery in here is just perfect, and it makes me think of the gypsies dancing and singing in the movie. I love Mustang's reaction to Riza getting hit with the stone-that scene in the show is so cool! And you did a nice job of contrasting the past Ishbal with the present one, and Roy's feelings throughout the chapter. Please keep it coming.
Ranma Matsuri chapter 18 . 7/31/2006
So true.
The Tiramisu Of Impending Doom chapter 18 . 7/25/2006
Chapter 15. . . You know, those FMA characters are pretty damn pale, even though they’re outside for a lot of the time. Fullmetal should be really tan. I mean, he’s always walking in meadows in the middle of the day. . . Anyway, Riza seems very light-hearted in this chapter. But Roy is in a very pissy mood. Needs more than vitamins. He needs to be thoroughly glomped! :D

Chapter 16. . . Methinks it’s my favorite one so far. I really liked how you wrote the way Riza compares the thunder to gunshots. I haven’t read any FMA manga yet, but do those go into Riza’s back story at all? At any rate, I could see the plot you gave her in this fic as feasible history for her character. Too bad her mom didn’t support her. She became a total badass regardless. Mwahahahahaha. Anyway, that’s a really cool scene you described, with Mustang saving Hawkeye and then Riza protecting him too. Again, badass, I say. Ah, crap, and you had a scene with Mustang curling his fingers in his hair. And then Mustang propped up on his elbow to look at her. Ugh, ugh, ugh. I love that type of imagery.

Anyway, I could probably babble more about that chapter, but I’ll just say I liked every word. Saves time, and it’s the truth. And that’s all I have to say about that.

Chapter 17. Very cool convo with Roy and Riza here, especially her last remark. Very subtle exchange, but lovely just the same. I liked the imagery of the sun shining on the grass to make it golden.

And chapter 18. . . Ah, I wonder what Roy said to piss off Edward. It probably didn’t take much. Those two love to piss each other off. Interesting to read Riza’s reactions to the fight. “Fine, but only because it’s you.” Loved that line.

So yeah, write more! Must have more RoyxRiza.
Binky1987 chapter 15 . 6/30/2006
Hey,

OMG...you haven't updated in so long! Please update soon, I have really loved the last two chapters. Roy is very much in character too, so that's what I like.

Aurum Potestas Est
The Tiramisu Of Impending Doom chapter 14 . 6/27/2006
Very cool imagery in this chapter, with the wind going through his hair like the ghosts that haunted him. And Riza's ghosts too, of course, because of that creepy imagery with angry souls against the window, but I especially liked the wind in Roy's hair. Mr. Raven-haired-finger-snapper-fire-starter. Please keep these coming!
ruckus chapter 15 . 6/26/2006
i loved all fifteen of these little stories! keep it up!
CloverCoveredHill chapter 13 . 5/31/2006
That was uber sweet!lol Nice job, I love the dialogue between them.
The Tiramisu Of Impending Doom chapter 13 . 5/3/2006
Hello again! I really liked the subtle Roy/Riza in chapter twelve, and you can tell Riza that I bet the Colonel thinks she's one of those "good things."

And chapter thirteen is fricking beautiful. Does anybody not love the ocean? You have to be bitten by a shark or two before you decide that, and even then, it's only the fish that's the problem with it. Anyway, it's so simple a thing, a painting, but since Riza loves the beauty of the ocean it's very sweet that Roy bought the painting for her. Did she put it on the floor beside her desk so he could view the picture as well, or was I reading that wrong? I loved the description of the rough, dry paint beneath Riza's fingers. I hope Mustang takes her to the beach someday.

He's probably useless at the beach too.

These are so short, but there's a lot of lovely imagery packed in there. I must read more, so keep writing.
Ranma Matsuri chapter 13 . 5/3/2006
Wow... these stories are so good! And adorable! I wish you would make them longer though. Update soon! Love and Kisses!
56 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »