Reviews for For Love of Battle
Densharr chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
There's probably not a Norse Mythology section because it isn't well known at all, really.

Or, in the event that it is, it's tied to a different category (See: the new Thor movie coming out. That wouldn't get placed under Norse Mythology, it'd be Movies or Comics). And no, I'm not trying to say that the Thor movie will be good to Norse Mythology (it will likely BUTCHER it, like Percy Jackson (and the books, mind you) did to greek mythology)

I liked the story, and Odin's "punishment" was a fitting one.
atom-of-ice chapter 1 . 12/5/2006
will you be finnishing this story? I really enjoyed it so far and I for one would really love to see it finnished.
Kayasuri-n chapter 1 . 1/9/2006
HI! It's ERIK!

::is spazzing too much for coherant thought::
t-titansfan chapter 1 . 11/24/2005
whoa... only two other reviews? now that's a shame. i admit i myself was rather hesitant to read this. the topic you chose is outside my realm of knowledge. sufficed to say, i'm impressed with yours. several of these names held no meaning for me, but you did a fantastic job describing them nonetheless. please continue.
CalliopeMused chapter 1 . 10/30/2005
Wow. I knew you'd manage to capture the tone- this reads like it was directly from a book of the usual mythology, and the characters came off just right. The casual interaction of Hildr with her sister contrasts how she acts with Erik and her father, showing a few different sides of your Valkyrie. The conditions Odin makes fit his decisions- lenient to a point, he still is to be taken seriously. Unlike his Grecian counterpart, he still allows her to come out happily if a few points are filled.

It's a very good start to what promises to be an excellent piece of mythological fairy tale. Erik looks like he'll be nicely prickly, Hildr has the qualities of a likable character, and having a wolf about never hurt anyone. The arrows remind me of Boromir, just for the image of the brooding male who should have been dead a few seconds ago. Rambling review, perhaps, but I like this story- everything I hoped it would be, and that's saying something. People will come, eventually- plug it in your more widely hit story, and someone will be curious enough to look.
Regrem Erutaerc chapter 1 . 10/30/2005
Very nicely done, and very unexpected. Well done. Though, it would be nice to have some of their appearance described a tad better. But still, over all, great fic. I'm curious as to where this shall lead.