Reviews for Max Does Tai Chi
Brainyxbat chapter 1 . 3/7
I've got some things to say here:

First of all, I absolutely ADORE Uncle Max, so I love seeing stories with him that aren't by me! Plus, this is awesome in so many ways. In the movie, Max is just adorable when doing those Tai Chi moves. X3

"Bless you."

"Ya lost me, monkey."

"Steps? Would this involve scurrying, sniffing, and flinching?"

Heck, all of Max's lines were in character! I can totally imagine him saying all that. Plus, when he has that goofy smile, I always imagine him having the expression he had when Simba reclaimed his place as King. Max had the cutest smile ever. X3

Anywho, awesome story! :D
flyingbird27 chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
So THAT'S where he got those crane moves from in the movie!

This was very funny, especially the "Do you ever feel stupid doing this?" part!

Good job.
jojoberry chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
pretty good but i could do without the little side notes
Pink Wolf Princess chapter 1 . 10/8/2010
Go Max. Zen Max is funny. Rafiki is epic.
jellymaster chapter 1 . 12/12/2008
FINALLY! I can FINALLY review your awesome story! I had actually read your story months before now and its not that I was exactly procrastinating too much to review it, it's just...STUFF got in the way. Let's leave it at that. .;

Anyway, about using Lemony Snicket's writing style for a Lion King story like this one? That was; GENIUS! I loved every single bit of this story! That fact that Max is the main focus in this one-shot really made me happy.

Max is one of my favorite TLK characters and it makes me sad to see that so many writers ignore him when there's so much about him that you can write about!

Oh, and the scene where Max Timon 'Timmy' was pure, pure WIN! You REALLY deserve a cookie for that one! *hands you a cookie* Cookies are good for a writer's SOUL.

LS is one of my most beloved authors so you can just IMAGINE how much that I enjoyed this! Now I'm going to find the time to review some more of your awesome stories, that btw I've already long before read but never found the time to review.

See you next time!

~Sincerely, Tallest Purple's (still)Rabidly Insane Fangirl!
Passive rebellion chapter 1 . 10/30/2007
Hmm... lets see. While reading this story I:

't encounter an overdose of randomness.

2.90-180 degrees plot twists.

dramatic drama with a pinch of dramar salt.

and people appearing without any explanation and making the reader go 'huh?'.

So to sum things up, this is just a short, simple oneshot with a straightforward plot... AND I FRIKKEN LOVE THAT! THANK YOU! You wouldn't believe how rare it is to find a oneshot that ia as simple as this one. I'm so tired of people here insisting on overcomplicating things.

P.S: dont put authors notes in the middle of the text, it detracts from the immersion value of the story. If you absolutly feel the need to explain the meanings of some words, do it in the end of the chapter.
Eclectic Me chapter 1 . 1/27/2006
Wow, I just could not leave this story with out leaving a review! It was beyond hilarious, and I could not stop laughing all the way through it! You have a remarkable way with words! Speaking of which, I love when authors do research on their topic. It just makes stories more of a joy to read, when you know they are well thought out. In short, wonderful story!

Kate
CGI Tumbleweed chapter 1 . 11/28/2005
Yay! I absolutely love this story! I always did like Max. He's "the coolest stick-in-the mud ever!" if I may quote one of my original characters (who's not in any of my stories...yet :))

and of course Rafiki is cool too! and everyone else! (ok, I'll stop now)
Pichooi chapter 1 . 11/7/2005
Ha ha, very funny.

Max calling Timon "Timmy" thats just hilarious. The mental images of Rafiki and Max being Crans together is also quite amusing.

I like this style of writing, maybe I should read/ watch Lemmony Snicket
Ralli-Rah chapter 1 . 10/31/2005
My mind aches so badly now. It had quite a workout, trying to picture Max doing those tai-chi things...it's hard to watch in the movie, even...xD; I have to close my eyes for that moment unless I wanted to keel over laughing. What really got me was Max calling Timon...TIMMY. Oh boy, but this was great! I have never read any of Snicket's books, but I love this writing style. I'd like to see it used more often in TLK fictions.
Red Squirrel Writer chapter 1 . 10/31/2005
Hee hee. That was... well, for lack of a better word, cute. The style is great, though I've never brought myself to read Lemony Snicket's books. It made me giggle, as mortifying as it is to admit that, at several points.

The little side comments about sequels and the syntax, and the calm, somewhat lecturing tone (at least that's how I read it) works quite well for this. Very nicely done.
SunRise19 chapter 1 . 10/30/2005
Lol, I really liked that! Yes, I love google as well..

I liked your story, it was really cute! and I liked the beginning where you had the comments about the job!
thingspast chapter 1 . 10/30/2005
*Laughs uncontrollably*

This is fantastic!

I love the style here, I think Lemony Snicket's manner works really well for a TLK fanfic and the wonderful little knowing asides are superb, especially in the interactions between Rafiki and Max...

And seeing Max relaxed for once was perfect, I can really see Timon being terrified as he becomes the most tense meerkat in the Oasis, no wonder he spent so much of TLK2 in the Pridelands...

Oh, and the comment about setting up for a sequel... and the linguistic explanations... oh, and explaining the time lapses...

In fact, it might just be fair to say that I loved all of it, a work of genius!