Reviews for Fire Emblem: Shadow of Bern
Grammar Sage chapter 9 . 2/23/2006
Your story is good. It has intrigue, action, an antagonist, and an evil plot. So far, you've done very well.

You said you'd be happy to receive any kind of criticism, right? *glances over shoulder nervously*

Quite honestly, I found your story boring. All your pieces are together. I found no plot holes, other than the fact that Hector seems to be gone and out of contact. You use good detail and your fight scenes have it all together. But I had trouble getting through your writings, because it just doesn't seem to grab me.

So, overall? There's nothing really wrong with your story. I just don't find it particularly interesting. Sorry.

On the other hand, your FFTA stories are wonderful. So I'll still be reading!

-Sage
fei.fie.fo.fum chapter 10 . 12/26/2005
sweetness! twas an entrancing tale you weave here. i hope to see more on this soon. there are some parts that needed to be better betaed, but those are mostly in the former chapters. sorry i didn't review the other chapters, but i only recently found this fic. i hope you are having as much fun writing this as i had reading it.
Phoenixfire1389 chapter 10 . 12/24/2005
Oh! mystery! Intrigue! Kidnapped princesses! All the stuff that makes Fire Emblem great.

Now, I have a question. Is Ninian Roy's mother in this fanfic? Because that would make me so happy. (Holds up sign that says 'NinianxEliwood forever!')

Excellent chapter. I look forward to the next one...
Arc Trader chapter 10 . 12/22/2005
Creative chapter. For some reason, I was reminded of the second chariot race in Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones...

Considering that most of this chapter was action, I really do not have much to comment on, as I usually have not much to say about action.

But the ending was not that unexpected. Though you caught me off-guard one of the demands is for Lilina to rule. Puppet on the strings, I see...

On another note, I really think you ought to stop calling the FE 7 campaign "the Second Scouring." I mean, a grand total of 4... repeat, 4... Dragons died in FE 7. In the Scouring, the deaths must have numbered in the thousands, probably the tens of thousands, of Dragons. I don't think you can realistically compare the two.
Xenophen chapter 5 . 12/22/2005
At the least, I must commend you for continuing on with your writing even though you don't receive many reviews. The story is great, so far. I've played FE6, so I know it is off... but like the others said, in this case that isn't really a bad thing. It stands out as a alternate-reality (to FE6) story in it's own right, as well as a sequel to FE7.
Arc Trader chapter 9 . 12/22/2005
And Bearoth shows his uglier side, I see... that interaction means he doesn't take crap from anyone.

Hold up. If he used Dragon quintessence... those Morphs should be ultra powerful. Majorly powerful. Ridiculously powerful! Unless it was one's Dragon's quinty evenly distributed amongst five, then I'd get it.

Something you might like to know: the main castle in Ilia is Castle Edessa, located in the Ilian capital... Edessa. Go figure, eh?

Roy and a mysterious prophecy, hrmm...
alfalfa936 chapter 9 . 12/20/2005
very good and interesting

are u going to have other characters from FE7 come in?

How bout Jaffar and Nino?

why are u changing eliwod from angry and cold to worrying about Roy and not so badboylike?
Arc Trader chapter 8 . 11/10/2005
I think you're backpedaling from your earlier portrayal of Eliwood. Reverting to how he was in the game, and I was having high hopes on seeing a darker side to him. Hopefully I don't get disappointed.

I wonder, though, so many of "Eliwood's Elite" have congregated.
Phoenixfire1389 chapter 8 . 11/8/2005
(Claps hands) interesting... veery interesting...

Aside from some minor errors in description (Pent's hair is lavendar and Lilina's eyes are blue (at least, they are on my copy of FE7)) it was very well done.

Now, I can't ehlp but wonder about the prologue. What was going on there? Eliwood in the prologue is so drastically different from Eliwood in the following chapters. Altough there are a few bitter comments strewn here and there (like his negative opinion of the ruling council and when he told Lyn that he didn't want his son to become a warrior) I really don't see any relation. Whas it some sort of illusion made by that morph, or is Eliwood not the All-Around-Good-Guy that he appears to be?

I look forward to any and all future updates.
Scarecrow007 chapter 1 . 11/7/2005
Hi, bro. It sucks. JK! Its awesome.
I am a Lazy Idiot chapter 8 . 11/7/2005
Uh oh , trouble ahead! This is getting even better!
hawkz chapter 2 . 10/31/2005
I'll prefer Lilina as a mage... but its your call... nice plot so far! keep it up!

P.S: Any other FE7 characters coming up? Is Miledy going to be featured?

Durandal rocks!
Arc Trader chapter 7 . 10/30/2005
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!

I guess there really *is* an advantage to never having played Fuuin no Tsurugi. This story is shaping really well, so well that I don't mind the AU setting and the disparate personas of the characters. Lilina a lancewoman rather than a mage? Eliwood a backstabber? Zephiel, the man, still the weak idealistic he was as a boy?

Damn good.

So far your action is not too bad, though I'm a bit forgiving when it comes to action scenes. I do wonder how Bern was able to send such a large force to attack Etruria without stirring up confusion in Sacae, though.

I'm extremely interested to hear the backstory you've given regarding Guinevere. Must have been some serious crap if he was willing to drive his country into the ground just for her.

I also need to see some Hector action here. All right, you've given us Matthew, let's see some mroe Ostians!

Plus, this story has to get extra points just for shipping my second OTP of Roy/Lilina (first is Eliwood/Ninian, hint hint).

Bearoth, Bearoth, why am I not surprised as to just who he is, hmm? I'm looking forward to see how you're going to pull off this story without using any FE 6 characters at all. High expectations abound, yes...