Reviews for Gambit
Huntington's chapter 1 . 3/19
I'm not sure how much experience you have had playing chess, but a few comments you've made I would disagree with. First that white is offensive and black is defensive. White is half a step ahead, and this tends to lead to slightly more aggressive plays than black on average, but It's not so cut and dry as you made it seem. Also, as I understand it, neither black nor white is better suited to laying traps. Both sides can play aggressive games, and both sides can over extend and provide openings for the opponent to exploit.

As for the story itself, I enjoyed the chance to glimpse how a tactician Ron might have acted. I've come to the conclusion that the ending to the books would have been more satisfying if this aspect of him had come into play, and Ron had needed to make sacrifices, like Dumbledore, to win the war. (Foreshadowed by the game in their first year.)
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 5/17/2013
Wow. Great stuff.
Sage of wind Dragons chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
Wow, I always thought ron had something in him that would do this well just we were never shown it thank you for this piece
whatweareafreaidof chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
good, what would ron be like with a little bit of work.
sick-atxxheart chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
This was amazing! I love seeing Ron portrayed in this powerful, calculating, but still caring state. I think the emphasis on his own abilities is important. I also really enjoyed his characterizations of Ron and Hermione, particularly the line about how it might we worse if Hermione could kill. Very nicely done; this was a joy to read.
BlackGryphon101 chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
Great story I love your portrayal of Ron.
Dragonwings66 chapter 1 . 12/28/2010
I'm a person who loves oneshot pieces, and the amazingness that can go into them.

In the original books, I saw Ron Weasly as a conceited, prejudiced brat.

In this piece?

A brilliant strategist that has the ability to understand what must be done and what must not be done.

Utter brilliance, utter injeniuty, and a fascinating insightfulness.

Bravo.
Amela333 chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
Oh wow. Wow, wow, wow. That was absolutely incredible. I'm not a Ron fan, but WOW. I will never, EVER think of him the same way again. Amazing job, and I don't mean that in the generic "I liked this and am being nice" way. I sincerely mean it: .ing.
snarky Beth chapter 1 . 12/17/2010
Interesting piece. Ron was very insightful, I liked seeing this other side to him. Of coarse, I love his goofy side too :D. But really, I'm happy to see a story with Ron portrayed with more respect.

Ron the next Dumbledore? Interesting...
ASF13957 chapter 1 . 11/4/2010
Wow! I don't often enjoy Ron stories, because he's usually such a typical, sidekick kind of character, but you've really made him believable and complex. Thanks for writing!
Archivist chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
I liked the part where they played chess. (But seriously, I liked the symbolism even though I never played chess before)
j chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
This is the most brilliant introspection on Ron I have ever read.

Not only that, but you managed to capture the others so perfectly, with barely even a mention.

I am in awe of your talent, and wish I had more than just this review to offer.
renata regina chapter 1 . 5/5/2010
Great! This doesn't sit with the Ron Weasley I normally read in ffiction or that left his friends on the horcrux hunt, but I like giving characters I normally don't like the benefit of the doubt... sometimes, lol.
SkySeven chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
Wow - a totally bad ass Rom Weasley. As a person who hates his character, I loved this.
Dipi chapter 1 . 9/21/2009
that was a lovely pov on ron and i like this ron... who understands the games albus play and knows they are justified