Reviews for A Bride for a King
Anon chapter 4 . 8/17/2014
Anon chapter 3 . 8/17/2014
I wish Lothiriel will give some demands that need to be fulfilled by Eomer.
Anon chapter 2 . 8/17/2014
I like Amrothos though his reluctance to speak plainly is just stupid.
Anon chapter 1 . 8/17/2014
Love it :)
Light on the Horizon chapter 4 . 1/13/2013
Great story... I thought it was good that Eomer gave Lothiriel that choice :-)
I also love your Amrothos, and his heart-to-heart with Lothiriel was both brilliant and hilarious despite the seriousness of the subject.
Kiiimberly chapter 4 . 6/19/2012
It's so sweet that Eomer wrote asking for HER permission. I look forward to the sequel!
b5delenn chapter 4 . 4/14/2012
Beautiful story, I really like Amrothos and Lothiriel conversation concerning Eomer letter ans men in general.
Certh chapter 4 . 2/2/2011
All the interaction in this story was once again well-written and beautiful. I especially loved the way you portrayed Amrothos, and the relationship between him and Lothiriel! You truly have a gift for bringing a character's personality to the surface!

Certh
Angaloth chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
So the other day I was watching one of my favorites movies, "An Ideal Husband", and surprisingly I experienced a little deja vu... it took me a few minutes to figure out why, and then it hit me:

Lord Caversham: Do you always understand everything you say?

Lord Arthur Goring: Yes... if I listen attentively.

Mabel: Lord Goring, I gather you're to be congratulated.

Lord Arthur Goring: Well, there's nothing I like more than to be congratulated, though invariably I find the pleasure immeasurably increased when I know what for.

Lord Arthur Goring: My father always tells me to go to bed, so I don't see why I shouldn't give you the same advice. I always pass on good advice. It is the only sensible thing to do with it.

So I can see that your Amrothos was very much influenced by Oscar Wilde... I absolutely love Wilde... and Rupert Everett/Lord Goring. Your stories about Éomer and Lothíriel have been favorites of mine for a while, and from the begining I've been inlove with not only the title characters, but with your Amrothos and Erchirion. Now that I know where the inspiration for Amrothos came from, I'm almost twice as inlove as I was before. (:

I do hope you eventually decide to continue with Unexpected... I know its been a while, but it's too beautifully written to abandon.
shariena chapter 4 . 5/26/2008
:) its simply (or not so simply ;) ) great! :))
SilverWinter18 chapter 4 . 4/3/2008
Hmm...If I had to hear what Amrothos said instead of reading it, I probably wouldn't understand him, or at the very least, I would need a few minutes to think about what he said.

I love Lothiriel's relationship with her brothers and father, and their little heart-to-hearts.
xoxorenard chapter 4 . 10/28/2007
WOW. I love it!
Epilachna chapter 4 . 11/6/2006
She said yes! Who would of thought :) Beautifully done.
MBDTA chapter 4 . 8/26/2006
So sweet! I finally finished it! I had to take a few weeks off because of school. Anyway, I see now that Amrothos takes after Imrahil more than anyone would have ever thought...Surprise, surprise!

The Editor of MBDTA
Katzilla chapter 1 . 11/28/2005
Hi Maddy!

I've been wanting to review your stories for ages, but RL has been conspirin against me, so I better make this brief: I've been reading your Éomer-Lothiriel series with baited breath, and I think that your description of our favorite horse-lord is the best and most accurate (both of his character and his stunning looks, lol) I have ever read! I also love your Lothíriel, and everybody else is totally in character and believable as well. Your way of getting the two reluctant love-birds marries is the most realistic and believable one I have read (and there are myrads!).

Great, great job, especially for someone, der genau wie ich eigentlich Deutsch als Muttersprache hat! Wow! Vielen Dank für deine tolle Story!