Reviews for World Come Undone
fallen-1 chapter 10 . 4/17
Force ghosts! Always showing up to tell you things you'd rather not hear. Rarely having the grace to stick around and let you yell at them. How rude.

I like that Sidious completely fails to grasp the difference between Luke's father and Luke's Daddy. But even he acts like Anakin died for Vader to exist.
fallen-1 chapter 9 . 4/17
Oh Vader, so close. So, so close to the much needed empathy. At least he recognizes that Luke will NOT BE HAPPY with whoever harms Obi-Wan.
I love that he never even stops to wonder why Luke has labeled him "Sad Man". Like, "of course I'm the "Sad Man", that title is entirely appropriate. It is not a revelation whatsoever that I'm driven more by hurt than anger."
fallen-1 chapter 8 . 4/17
I think we could use more reminders that Luke's as much a Force-prodigy as his father, if not more. Even in canon, he was using the Force since he was young. The only reason he stopped and started suppressing it was because his uncle didn't understand it at all. I like this gentle encouragement much better.

Honestly, if what the canon has shown of Owen and young Luke is the usual way force-sensitive children were treated by non-sensitive parental figures, I kind of stand beside the Jedi order and accepting children so young. Unintentional child neglect/abuse is still neglect/abuse.
fallen-1 chapter 7 . 4/17
That exchange at the end. Perfect. Exactly what arguing with little kids can be like.
fallen-1 chapter 6 . 4/17
Come on, Vader. You should know that there's such a thing as a delayed reaction and lingering injuries. Not every death happens immediately after the injury that caused it. A crushed windpipe can lead to slow suffocation. Add in the strain of giving birth...

But yeah, anything to escape responsibility, right?

And of course Obi-Wan blames himself for everything. It's obvious he should have known there was a Sith Lord tempting Anakin and reacted accordingly.
fallen-1 chapter 5 . 4/16
Reading these chapters is such a treat after studying.

Anyway, the thing about Vader is that he seems to come right up to the edge of empathy, but never cross it. Anakin understood empathy, could see things from others' POV, even if he disagreed, but Vader is so caught up in his own hurt that he even fails to see the sheer difference in scale between what the Jedi "denied" him and his own actions.

And yes, I put "denied" in quotes. He was always free to leave the order. He just didn't want to make the choice.

Also, Luke and Obi-Wan are adorable. I don't care if it's canon or not, but I love the idea that Obi-Wan is a master storyteller.
fallen-1 chapter 3 . 4/16
Yes, I will review every chapter in the hopes that you will one day return to this fic and finish it.

Bit that made me smile this time: Obi-Wan's musings on the Skywalker height. Unfortunately, the Naberrie genes are stronger in this aspect. We all know that Luke will never tower over Obi-Wan the way his father did.
Fallen-1 chapter 2 . 4/16
Interesting that Vader admits that Yoda, that the Jedi doctrine of being wary of visions and trusting the force, is correct. Yet he still hates Obi-Wan. Good job creating that weird balance of wise and self-absorbed that seems to have defined Anakin.
fallen-1 chapter 1 . 4/15
This is my third time re-reading this fic. It keeps coming up on recommendations so I keep coming back.
Anyway, just a little thing about this chapter I enjoyed: I love the fact that Obi-Wan speaks to Luke like an adult. That's how my family has always spoken to my little nieces and they've turned out to be the brightest little kids you'll ever meet. It's a good touch.
goanago chapter 24 . 3/26
oh my god! This story is so beautiful! And the characters are so real! ItÅ› awesome!
alive by grace chapter 24 . 2/23
Oh, I wish you'd continued this; I've enjoyed this story a lot. I think I'll put it on alert, just in case you ever come back to it.
bkkookmbhsj chapter 24 . 2/13
Really hoping this will be updated because your writing is so well done and undeniably skilled. One of my face star wars fics of all time. I really love the conflict between anakin and obi wan and I also love that the story didn't just end with palpatine dying and Vader suddenly becoming all good. Seriously, would love to read more if you ever get the chance.
I am genuinely unable to tell if this is slash or not so please clarify when you update next. Hint. Hint.
Brenden chapter 24 . 11/20/2015
goodwork
AI chapter 24 . 5/28/2015
This is a really interesting take on Anakin redemption fics. I really love Luke's mix of innocence and emotional maturity. He has the ability to simplify things so clearly. I can't tell if the plot is progressing to Anakin and Obiwan as two platonic co-parents or romantically involved, but it doesn't matter because either way Luke will get his Papa and Daddy. I don't know if your muse will ever turn this way again, but I will be thankful if it happens. Thanks for writing and sharing!
537 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »