Reviews for World Come Undone
fallen-1 chapter 12 . 4/17/2016
Obi-Wan powering through a horrible situation despite being wounded, tired as hell, and dragging Anakin's giant self on sheer will-power alone? Sounds like a normal Tuesday for General Kenobi.
fallen-1 chapter 11 . 4/17/2016
Woo-hoo! Not even halfway through and the bad guy's defeated. Not many stories can pull that off, but considering the conflict is between Obi-Wan and Vader/Anakin, I think it suits the story to take that step.
Also, love that Vader's finally realized just who has actually been lying to him on everything. It's not enough to get past the anger, but it's a start.

Unrelated, but there's an awkward part here where I think there was supposed to be a line-break. The sudden POV switch from Obi-Wan to Vader left me confused for a second.
fallen-1 chapter 10 . 4/17/2016
Force ghosts! Always showing up to tell you things you'd rather not hear. Rarely having the grace to stick around and let you yell at them. How rude.

I like that Sidious completely fails to grasp the difference between Luke's father and Luke's Daddy. But even he acts like Anakin died for Vader to exist.
fallen-1 chapter 9 . 4/17/2016
Oh Vader, so close. So, so close to the much needed empathy. At least he recognizes that Luke will NOT BE HAPPY with whoever harms Obi-Wan.
I love that he never even stops to wonder why Luke has labeled him "Sad Man". Like, "of course I'm the "Sad Man", that title is entirely appropriate. It is not a revelation whatsoever that I'm driven more by hurt than anger."
fallen-1 chapter 8 . 4/17/2016
I think we could use more reminders that Luke's as much a Force-prodigy as his father, if not more. Even in canon, he was using the Force since he was young. The only reason he stopped and started suppressing it was because his uncle didn't understand it at all. I like this gentle encouragement much better.

Honestly, if what the canon has shown of Owen and young Luke is the usual way force-sensitive children were treated by non-sensitive parental figures, I kind of stand beside the Jedi order and accepting children so young. Unintentional child neglect/abuse is still neglect/abuse.
fallen-1 chapter 7 . 4/17/2016
That exchange at the end. Perfect. Exactly what arguing with little kids can be like.
fallen-1 chapter 6 . 4/17/2016
Come on, Vader. You should know that there's such a thing as a delayed reaction and lingering injuries. Not every death happens immediately after the injury that caused it. A crushed windpipe can lead to slow suffocation. Add in the strain of giving birth...

But yeah, anything to escape responsibility, right?

And of course Obi-Wan blames himself for everything. It's obvious he should have known there was a Sith Lord tempting Anakin and reacted accordingly.
fallen-1 chapter 5 . 4/16/2016
Reading these chapters is such a treat after studying.

Anyway, the thing about Vader is that he seems to come right up to the edge of empathy, but never cross it. Anakin understood empathy, could see things from others' POV, even if he disagreed, but Vader is so caught up in his own hurt that he even fails to see the sheer difference in scale between what the Jedi "denied" him and his own actions.

And yes, I put "denied" in quotes. He was always free to leave the order. He just didn't want to make the choice.

Also, Luke and Obi-Wan are adorable. I don't care if it's canon or not, but I love the idea that Obi-Wan is a master storyteller.
fallen-1 chapter 3 . 4/16/2016
Yes, I will review every chapter in the hopes that you will one day return to this fic and finish it.

Bit that made me smile this time: Obi-Wan's musings on the Skywalker height. Unfortunately, the Naberrie genes are stronger in this aspect. We all know that Luke will never tower over Obi-Wan the way his father did.
Fallen-1 chapter 2 . 4/16/2016
Interesting that Vader admits that Yoda, that the Jedi doctrine of being wary of visions and trusting the force, is correct. Yet he still hates Obi-Wan. Good job creating that weird balance of wise and self-absorbed that seems to have defined Anakin.
fallen-1 chapter 1 . 4/15/2016
This is my third time re-reading this fic. It keeps coming up on recommendations so I keep coming back.
Anyway, just a little thing about this chapter I enjoyed: I love the fact that Obi-Wan speaks to Luke like an adult. That's how my family has always spoken to my little nieces and they've turned out to be the brightest little kids you'll ever meet. It's a good touch.
goanago chapter 24 . 3/26/2016
oh my god! This story is so beautiful! And the characters are so real! ItÅ› awesome!
alive by grace chapter 24 . 2/23/2016
Oh, I wish you'd continued this; I've enjoyed this story a lot. I think I'll put it on alert, just in case you ever come back to it.
bkkookmbhsj chapter 24 . 2/13/2016
Really hoping this will be updated because your writing is so well done and undeniably skilled. One of my face star wars fics of all time. I really love the conflict between anakin and obi wan and I also love that the story didn't just end with palpatine dying and Vader suddenly becoming all good. Seriously, would love to read more if you ever get the chance.
Guest chapter 24 . 1/11/2016
I am genuinely unable to tell if this is slash or not so please clarify when you update next. Hint. Hint.
554 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »