Reviews for Should Not Be
Hamato Kameko chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
Nicely written! I was quite surprised when the realization hit that it was Shadow and not Sonic freaking out. Poor guy. :(
Kat chapter 1 . 6/9/2009
I...am speechless. Nearly.

That, for some strange, twisted surreal reason, that I'm sure only exists in my thoughts but is correct nonetheless...made perfect sense. Your distinct style and prowess quite frankly astounds me. You are now my favorite author, of all FanFiction. Well done. Very well done.
Master Metallix chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
Whoa, this is one of those extra-deep stories you don't see every day. It really fooled me into thinking it was Sonic until I got to the reflection in the water. That must be a person's worst nightmare, to suffer all these horrors and end up losing your very soul. Eggman's gonna pay big time for this. Keep up the good work. I'd add this to a C2 I know, but it's already there (that's how I found this fic).
Madhog thy Master chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
It is indeed a tragedy when you can't even recognize you're own reflexed image... When you desperately need a reason to exist, a purpose to live in this world but you are deprived of it, because you don't know who you are anymore... Perhaps you never knew but at least you had certanties... Suffering of Amnesia or related illness, takes even those certainties away from, leaving you a void soon to be filled with rage and desperation.

This was a great one-shot. I tell you what, I'm the creator/manager of an ambitious one-shot collab. in which each author would write his/her own story about a personally chosen Sonic character. Since I do love your descriptive and faithless style, I would like you to join our group.

The collab. is named "The Dark Side of the Hog" just as my community and no... In my book, Dark does not mean Evil but rather something "hidden"... Like emotions. If you are curious about it, contact me. You can also come to my profile and see the collab. itself (which has just begun).

I'll hopefully see you in this world's Chaos. May your certainties never abandon your soul.

Madhog thy Master 3:16.
Shamanic Shaymin chapter 1 . 1/8/2007
Damn. Reading this was like reading a nightmare, especially the part where the branches cut at him and his legs were bloody stub.

Just... dear god. Scared the living crap out of me. Shadow... poor thing needs a hug. T_T This would be a good explanation how he lost his memory before Sonic Heroes too, ESPECIALLY with him thinking he was Sonic. Just... wah. T_T You're evil. But in a good way. ;D
Blackmooninthenight chapter 1 . 4/23/2006
This was the most chilling thing i've read to date. I couldn't stop reading until the end.
Tally Solleni chapter 1 . 12/9/2005
Intriguing! Chilling! Thought-prevoking!

A most interesting story indeed. Are you planning to write any more, or is it complete?
A Dream Writer chapter 1 . 11/5/2005
By far one of the best Sonic fics I've read in a long time. Very detailed description, and everything was put together perfectly. It got me guessing alot, I thought it was Sonic first...then I thought it was Sonic thinking he was Shadow...but then I realized it was really him.

I really enjoyed reading it. I loved how you protrayed everything and how Shadow's mind got torn apart by Eggman's serum. This should have been what happened between Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Heroes, but maybe Shadow the Hedgehog, when it comes out, will solve that truely, but I'll have to see which one is better, most likely yours would be Awesome job. *Puts under favorites and recommendations*
Jaidyn Reiman chapter 1 . 11/2/2005
Hmm... intriguing... Shadow was poisoned when he made a mistake in his movement, and it also messed with his mind too, causing him to think strange things like him being Sonic? Strange... I'm assuming this is a one-shot too, right? Well, it's pretty good.
k0m0d0-342 chapter 1 . 11/1/2005
wow. WOW. VERY good. good beyond words- the entire plot is so beatutifully built together and the emotions were so realistic... the detail was perfect, PERFECT I TELL YEE, and Sonic's thoughts (which were really shadow's thought but since shadow had Sonic's thoguths at that time -so to speak- then they kin of were sonic's thoughts or atleast what Sonic would have been thinking at that time.) About Amy were enjoyable becasue I'm a total sonamy addict. _.

Gee, shadow's going crazy. Again. But still, this is an incredibley awesome story. There are three ways this could go...

1. VERY good way, with lots of philosophy and blood and sonamy- I mean... knives! _;;.

2. Kind of good but cheesy way, where shadow actually is Sonic and 'sonic' is actually a robot which would be kind of stupid anyway but I came up with it in five seconds so don't go blaiming me.

3. bad way. meaning the way with shadamy. VERY BAD.

Anyway I vote for number one. _. Update soon- this is one of the best stories I've ever read.
Dante40k chapter 1 . 11/1/2005
I thought it was a good scological , haha I still cant spell, thriller. It was really good and I wouldn't expect anything less from you.

Keep up the good work
Awdures chapter 1 . 11/1/2005
Nice twist. Had me going even after Amy's saying he wasn't Sonic. Thought that was part of the hallucination.

Good stuff.
Disjointed Silhouette chapter 1 . 11/1/2005
Hm, very interesting. Strangely, I laughed during the last set of paragraphs, there was some unintended satire. Shadow called Sonic "faker" during SA2B, but, in actuality, did he really want to be like Sonic?

You had me fooled at the opening. When he liked to run, I immediately thought that it was Sonic (it was a trademark). However, you slowly revealed to us, througout the carnage, that he was... not Sonic.

So he loved Amy, he liked to run to relax, and... I couldn't stop laughing.

A very creative writing piece. You don't see this everyday. Thought process also shows the hallucinogeons slowly crawling into his brain... Very nice.
Sky's Penname chapter 1 . 10/31/2005
That was AWESOME, Darkhymns... I don't see why you always get so paranoid of this kinda stuff! You did good, and like always I was completly sucked into this, unable to stop until the very end! Good job! Muhahahahahaha!