Reviews for SPEW Drabble
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 5/24/2013
interesting.
uh... i wonder if that knowledge is from newspapers, books, life at the Dursleyes or just his life in general.
also, a good fanfic where Hermione gets outsmarted.
This looks like it can be a two-shot.
The Mad Mad Reviewer chapter 1 . 11/19/2011
Good argument. One could argue back that Owls aren't sentient, but that doesn't change the fact that mistreating one causes it to leave. I have to wonder how many owls Malfoy Manor loses because Draco's a whiny snot.
EvilspyAchacia chapter 1 . 1/27/2006
well thought out SPEW drabble, I really enjoyed reading about Harry one overing Hermione.

Well done

Kira
fern12 chapter 1 . 1/26/2006
I wish Harry acted that smart in cannon, JK is making him out to be a bit dim. I like the idea, thanks for the laugh (at Hermione's expense of course).
Bagge chapter 1 . 12/9/2005
Truly inspired. In the books we never got to see anyone except Hermione to take S.P.E.W. serious enough to answer back in a proper manner, but I have no doubt excactly this conversation, or something much like it, took place somewhere in between the pages.

Harry shows an unusual amount of reason, thinking through each step and arguing his opinions in a good way. I is obvious that Hermione has not been thinking through her campaing at all. And his ending speech, pleading to Hermione's brain, was a stroke of brilliance. She will most likely think this through a lot.

I actually have a quite good idea of where Harry "did learn about all that." As a foster-son (if yet a bullied one) of Veron the drill-salesman Harry most certanly got fed with breakfast-and-dinner-stories about national economic. And frankly, I think some of Harry's argument are unsymphatical enough to come directly from the Dursleys. Not freeing elves from homes where they are abused since "they might be killed"? I am glad Muggles don't practice that principle.

This is a briliant fic, and one of the few really serious discussions about S.P.E.W. I have seen. But when it comes for Harry's arguments my own opinion is simple:

Your arguments are good, but I don't want to be convinced. ;-)
Silverbunnie chapter 1 . 11/23/2005
Hey that was interesting!

Completely original. Finally Hermione gets outsmarted, but it seems like something that needs to be continued. Like another chapter or so.

Very thoughtful.

~silverbunnie
misswhiteblack chapter 1 . 11/1/2005
Very well written. I liked the way Harry considered everything and Hermione's way of keeping at the argument. I especially liked the way you started.