Reviews for Envious
AlanSchezar chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
I love the idea here. It's extremely plausible and makes for interesting reading. I tend to enjoy these kind of "behind the scenes" or "untold story" kind of narratives that suggest interesting possibilities not specifically mentioned in the anime. I especially like exploration of characters and the relationships between them.

Your grammar, spelling and punctuation is good and the paragraphing makes it quite readable. There are a few phrases that are less than idiomatic, such as "she was weak against children". It's not technically wrong, but it is rather awkward and clunky, which detracts from the immersion factor. Overall though, this is definitely a well written story, which is sadly rare in fan fiction.

This is an extremely short story, and I cannot help but feel there was some missed potential here. I feel like a previous meeting between Izumi and Envy could have been very meaty fodder indeed for some excellent storytelling, particularly if there were romantic overtones involved, and yet the story seems a bit too removed from the characters, lacking the kind of up-close, intimate picture that might better serve the plot.

You are clearly a skilled writer. I hope you develop your ability further and write more interesting stories like this one. :) Overall, one of the better fanfics I've read.
157 yrs chapter 1 . 3/8/2012
It's interesting to think that Izumi really could have encountered Envy during her time as a student to Dante. Very good job.
Infamousplot chapter 1 . 11/13/2010
... Poor Izumi-san... :( I liked it, though. Very interesting...:)
layniebug chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
as soon as i saw izumixenvy i almost dismissed this but now im glad i didnt! beautifully written!
Godell chapter 1 . 4/19/2007
That was...downright FANTASTIC! I've never seen an Envy x Izumi fic before, and I do believe I'll keep looking for another one...good job! You've officially fueled my newest obsession!
Siacatmesecat chapter 1 . 6/24/2006
Unusual pairing (though it makes sense) and well-written. Envy is so mean to poor Sensei...
Rishai Bakura chapter 1 . 4/15/2006
It is interesting
Wow-ness chapter 1 . 11/2/2005
I've never seen this pairing ever... Very original,
The Enchanted Picture Book chapter 1 . 11/2/2005
*claps - mouth still gaping* strange pairings are love
Nelja chapter 1 . 11/1/2005
Oh, interesting pairing and cool fic.
The 13th Leprechaun chapter 1 . 11/1/2005
OO Whoa... is this a oneshot or is it an ongoing story? Because it's actually a creative and original idea. I've never seen an EnvyxIzumi fic... Then again, my no see many Izumi ficcies period. T.T But anyway, I liked it. It was dark and angsty and it was well written. I liked it.