Reviews for Discord In Love
jros1746 chapter 1 . 2/3/2006
I liked the interplay between the Greek gods and goddesses and Alexander and Hephaestion. It was an original approach which worked well and gave a different perspective on the A/H story. It made me want to brush up on my knowledge of Greek mythology!
Joyeee chapter 1 . 1/31/2006
Hahaha, this fic could explain a lot!

Really ties Alexander's story closer to that of Achilles whom he admired so much, what with the gods' influence in everything, from grand-scale things like battles to personal grudges and relationships. (Poor Philotas and Cleitus! poor everybody who was involved in the Diadochi as a matter of fact!)

Speaking of Achilles, I wonder how he and Alexander would've regarded each other when _they_ met? Alexander's always looked up to Achilles, but after all he accomplished more (though the empire crumbled after his death). Considering Achilles' sulking when Hephaestion arrived and his touchy nature . . . and Alexander's own mercurial personality . . .heehee, could make for some interesting conversation, of a different sort from Patroclus and Hephaestion "finding much pleasure in comparing notes on what it was like to love and be loved by a half-god who could be dazzlingly brilliant and quite irresistible but also erratic and, at times, quite insane!" But then maybe Patroclus and Hephaestion would smooth things out (as they usually do) and I can just imagine Alexander and Achilles grousing together about people not giving them their due, and wanting to leave everlasting impressions etc.

Cool how you make Alexander and Hephaestion's own natures strong enough to allow them to thwart Eris (however unwittingly) even without divine help (or was it?) - Alexander pouring the water in the sand, and Hephaestion supporting Alexander's marriages. Gods can't always have their way either!

Patroclus taking Hephaestion under his wing? Aw!

(Your writing's doing strange things to me, I've never responded to any fanfiction with anything approaching a starry-eyed "Aw!" fit for baby adoration. Should I be nervous? _) And when Zeus hurled a thunderbolt at Eris to emphasize a point - I couldn't help thinking, "Like father, like son!"

Wonderful concoction of classical mythology, history, and characterization!
Tionsbabe chapter 1 . 1/8/2006
This was, quite simply, brilliant! I laughed out lied, I sighed, I oohed and ahhed, and laughed again. The way you have the gods interfere in historical events (eg. Alexander being given the water, and pouring it out) was just amazing. Eros firing the arrow, and striking Alexander in the groin had me in stitches! The competition and interference of the other Goddesses was hilarious.

Eris really was determined to get her Hephaestion. Not that I blame her!

Thanks so much for this. I'm off to read it again!

Queen Amazon Dragon chapter 1 . 12/23/2005
AMAZING! SIMPLY AMAZING! i study greek and roman mythology and I could not have weavedd such a tale. if you don't continue writing I will cry. Oh, I bow to your greatness
CoralDawn chapter 1 . 12/21/2005
Absolutely brilliant! And Eris' problems in love are hysterically funny! You are mightily talented! I hope you write much, much more in this fandom!

A unique perspective to see it all from a goddess' POV. And to make Hephaistion the gorgeous one - the object of desire, while Alexander is reduced to

that little yellow haired upstart! That spoilt, stunted braggart, making so much of his descent from Achilles and Herakles and his divine parentage!

Loved it!

Hidden in all of that humor, is Eris' grudging acknowledgment of the strength of A and H's love and her knowledge of the other gods' support of it - Aphrodite, Eros, Zeus and Hera - as surely it must have been!
Fredericka chapter 1 . 11/24/2005
What a unique twist! Thank you for another well-crafted, interesting story. Your knowledge of the Greek pantheon shines!

Hope we see another soon.
faramor chapter 1 . 11/2/2005
wow, i have never read an alexander fic where it was from a god;'s point of view...clearly i id the right thing when i clicked on the link to this story...freakin brilliant...
Elithraniel chapter 1 . 11/1/2005
Excellent, Creative, and Brilliant.
24 | « Prev Page 1 2