Reviews for Payback
JeanneZ84 chapter 1 . 5/8/2007
What a Wonderful story of what real friendship should always be and most people dont always have that.

Milt and Mark always go out of there ways to help each other out and do the the right things for each other.

Mark wouldnt ever steal from in a million was caught putting the money back in the safe even though he had taken from the safe in the first had alot of guilt just knowing he even did it in the first would never really do anything to hurt the Judge.

I read this before its a wonderful story with lots of emotion.

mouse8 chapter 1 . 5/31/2006
Lovely story, full of wonderful emotions!
e-pony chapter 1 . 11/29/2005
Always touching when Mark lets his vulnerability shine through. Here we see his concern regarding Hardcastle's opinion of him. He's willing to risk everything to keep the judge from finding out about his past.

A good story overall, Liz, with some very nice moments. For some reason I particularly like this one (it seems very in character): "He scribbled on the pad in front of him, drawing tiny race cars, little jail cells, and palm trees. He might never see palm trees again. McCormick sat with his chin in his hand, watching Hardcastle at work. That, at least, was entertaining."

And so was this fic - entertaining, that is. Thanks, Liz.

cheride chapter 1 . 11/21/2005
You know, I've always liked this story. The scene in the den- Mark putting the money back, but allowing himself to be arrested, and Hardcastle trying so hard to understand- oh, it just tugs at my heart every time. This is an interesting look at Mark trying desperately to keep his past completely apart from his present. Thanks for posting.
Kariesue chapter 1 . 11/12/2005
Great story! I didn't even realize it was here until I heard about the Collective's new story. Interesting interpretation of Mark's early years. I like how it comes back to bite him in the a**. I always liked the angst of Mark in prison. hint hint!
lynw21 chapter 1 . 11/9/2005
Cool another H&M story, I love that Mark is fighting with what he wants Hardcastle to see him as and his seedy background that he would rather forget and mov on with his life, good story thank you
owlcroft chapter 1 . 11/2/2005
What a story! It's always great to read one of the "originals" from back in the day, but I know how much work this is and boy, do I appreciate it! Thanks for another terrific saga, Liz.