Reviews for Perennial
Este chapter 10 . 1/30/2006
wow this is fantastic please write moer soon
Viresse chapter 10 . 1/27/2006
ar ha! so, you're just postponing the love between Arwen and Aragon here, not bad. Guess we can read something about that when Arwen and Elladan meet the Fellowship...oh, they should meet, right? hm...hope you don't mind me guessing...maybe, the obvious fight between the twins (when they met) helps to link Arwen & Aragon together? well well, just my wild guess only.

It seems that my review returns with Elladan's appearance! coincidence?

I'm surly supporting this story and it's added to my favourite - keep up the good work!
the-poette chapter 10 . 1/25/2006
That was a really interesting part in the last paragraphs. I liked the thought pattern this chapter took. It was really interesting. I can't wait for the next installment.
the-poette chapter 8 . 1/21/2006
I love the undertone in your writing. I think the emotion within your chapters is wonderfully subtle and appropriate for the situation the characters are going through. Your story is so well thought out and I love the unexpected quality in it as well. Even though it is the same story we all know and love, you give it such an interesting spin.
Viresse chapter 8 . 1/6/2006
I think it's a wonderful chapter and it proves you're a talent author. Not just for having lots of Elladan angst, there are places that I think are easy to slip, however, you keep well to the point.

It's good to link Elladan's status with his mother, it makes readers have a better and easier understanding of his suffering and how deep it goes already.

I think you're wise when you make readers guess if Elrohir knows Elladan's choice of not sail and somehow Elladan just know that Gandalf needs a good fight to keep Elrohir joining the fellowship to the end - there may just have a fine line that's still bonding the twins, though Elrohir's cold and hardness certainly won't help anything.

You're good at descibing the frustrations between the twins - Elrohir knows that his words hurt Elladan but cannot seems to control it, and Elladan is expecting and accepting all the grief and guilt, which makes it much more angst!

I can really see how involve you are in planning this story and you make a good work. Keep it up! I'm supporting this for sure.
Anonymous chapter 8 . 1/4/2006
Cool story, but is Legolas gonna be in it or not? I know that he's 'dead', but at the beginning, you made it sound like he'll still be in it somehow. Can you explain in the next chapter please? Thanks!
Viresse chapter 7 . 12/26/2005
I think this chapter is good. It's funny to know that even Gandalf has someone he feared.

I love the part that Elladan was the one who reforge Narsil. As it's one of his hobbies made it even better. Somehow I can imagine Elladan actually started this hobby when Elrohir left, as it's task that need great strength and concentration, which I think was what Elladan needed at that time, to divert his attention.

I also love the scene where Estel found Glorfindel practising sword fight with Elrohir, but then found that it's actually Elladan. Showing Elladan's skill is no less than Glorfindel proved that he's also playing an active role in Rivendell while his twin was elsewhere.

I'm not sure how you plan the story would go and how far you'd follow canon, I guess if Arwen decided not to sail at last, Elladan might sent her to Lorien? If Elladan decided not to sail already, if he'd plan to join the fellowship after Helm's Deep? I guess I have to keep on reading to find out.

Elrohir's conversation with Bormoir was a bit tense and harsh. I think it shows he's really a seasoned warrior who have been fighting for long and made him tough and more captain-like. I think you characterised him just right to suit this story.

I hope to read your next chapter soon.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
organized disorder chapter 7 . 12/12/2005
You are a very masteful and elegant writer. The start almost had me crying, you mixing the canons is going very seamlessy and once again, just very elegant writing
Viresse chapter 6 . 11/20/2005
I think both Elladan and Elrohir are suffering for the lost. I don't think Elladan 'want to' live either. I think Elladan would not sail but sneak behind Elrohir, trying to protect and save Elrohir even it'll prove his death - maybe then Elrohir would feel the grief and guilt that he has caused his twin all these years. Maybe then Elladan can finally release the growing guilt he suffered in years. Well, that's just my guess. All in all, I think you write well, and I hope to read more soon.
Lightmare852 chapter 6 . 11/18/2005
A wonderfully written story, my heart actually ache while reading it. How will it come to be?
ringmarciel chapter 6 . 11/17/2005
Lol great. I love plot bunnies they make great stories. But this is very different when I read stories nowadays I feel like I've read them before it's rather oring so great job!
Ringmarciel chapter 5 . 11/13/2005
Hm too lazy to sign in but eh. I have to say I think this is one of the best recent fanfictions and is much different then most that is posted at this website. I'm glad that there is someone who can mix up the common dull repeatitive fanfiction.
the-poette chapter 4 . 11/11/2005
That was a very tense chapter. I felt shivers.
Yavieriel Tarandir chapter 3 . 11/10/2005
Don't be sorry, cliffhangers are good! You make me want to read the whole story *right*now*. I was thrilled to see another update. All the bits and pieces are so tantalizing. I'm going to enjoy watching it all come together.
the-poette chapter 3 . 11/7/2005
That was very powerful writing on your part. I had anticipated the meeting between Elrohir and Elladan to be intense and raw, but what you wrote left me speechless.

I'm adding you to my Fav Authors list.
37 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »