Reviews for Hearts of Ice
Zeiyuu chapter 1 . 8/24

I remember reading it a looonnnggg time ago and absolutely LOVING it

I think back then it was on a different website that I'd read it on, but oh my GOSH I am so thrilled! This is one of my alltime FAVORITE fanfictions and I am so happy that I get to read it now!
Jul256 chapter 26 . 4/25
Hi, I don't even know if you are going to read this but I wanted to congratulate and thank you. I think that your story is one of those you make fanfiction about (I don't even know if I'm making myself clear). Your plot was totally amazing, from the beginning to the end. I have to admit that I shed a tear or two in the end... The was you end the story with Yuki-onna is just perfect - sweet and loving... I'm just grinning because your words filled me with contempt and happiness. I laughed a lot with the two crazy deities you portrayed (Susa-no-o is perfeeeect, hahah I still laugh when I think about his haikus).

Anyway you balanced the characters (they were perfectly in character), the romance (I tend to get annoyed when it gets too cheesy and I think that the fact your story doesn't get like that only made me love it even more), the angst (god I got scared when ranma died), the adventure (the Kami-plane? AMAZING idea, you got me curious about Japanese mythology, you must have done quite a lot of research)... And your style is so, so good! I was actually disappointed to see that you haven't written anything else Ranma-related and that I didn't know any of the other universe you write about, but keep on writing, I know that other enjoy your writing enormously!
fabricjumper chapter 26 . 4/14
*finishes after reading a lot in two days*, this was amazing...
loved it! thank you for creating this story!
Jess chapter 26 . 2/1
This was sooooo good omg, i know im like 6 years too late but I just wanted to drop a comment saying that this, despite its length, is absolutely worth losing sleep to read.
GEM.Seraphine chapter 26 . 1/15
That was beautiful, thank you for writing it.
garsdal chapter 26 . 10/7/2015
This story, it pulls at my feels. Considering just how jaded my heart and mind have become over the years, that is no feeble accomplishment.
Just the right amount of strife and horror to make it compelling, but not so much at to make it unreadabley sad, action mixed in a decent doses to make a feeling of flow and actual progress for our peoples. Also, your portrayal of Akane as a viable fiancee without killing her personality is quite rare, I normally hate her guts, so good work on making her more likable than canon without lobotomizing who she is.
Thank you, both for making this little piece of literature, and for making it available online for free.
C.Lin chapter 26 . 8/2/2015
this story is so beautiful I just can't stop crying. You are a wonderful writer.
Duro chapter 26 . 4/3/2015
It was more than I expected. This was the longest fanfic I've read so far. The whole plot is amazing and I could say that the writer is gifted. Well, Im a die hard fan of Akane and Ranma, and I was looking for a big romantic scene in the fanfic. But all in all, it was the best.
smashman42 chapter 26 . 3/29/2015
What a fantastic tale!

All of the Ranma 1/2 characters developed so much due to the extreme circumstances they found themselves in, though the changes were paced so well it never occurred to me to scream 'out of character, they wouldn't do that' even once. The closest would be with Kuno, but the story quite clearly showed his change came about 'off camera', and when the memory spell lifted we got to see what it must have been like for him the first time reality struck, even if it was from Nabiki's perspective rather than his.

Talk about having to fight for your happy ending! The resolution for the characters other than Ranma and Akane was great too. Yuki-onna's ending especially.

This really was a pleasure to read. Thank you so much for writing this.
ChrysophylaxDives chapter 26 . 2/28/2015
This story reflects high technical proficiency in writing, and has an arresting plot, an original setting and engaging characters. I have little appreciation for romance, and thus am poor at judging the quality of passages meant to be romantic. My chief reactions were thus excitement, anticipatory horror and impotent rage at the utter stupidity of the characters' decisions; I conclude that you have produced an excellent romance. I congratulate you.
Pendagar chapter 26 . 12/19/2014

This is one of the best stories I have ever read.

I can't tell you how... exciting, fun, and awesome it was to read this. Everything, and I mean everything about it is amazing. I was attached to the characters, and was actually fearful that you were going to kill some of them! The suspense is right, and the plot is so well thought out!
And better still, Happosai isn't in the story!

I would like to sincerely thank you for writing this, it was incredible, and I enjoyed reading every moment of it.

xThomas2 chapter 1 . 12/18/2014
One of the epic fics. It's been a while since I read this, I think remember it having artwork right?
Guest chapter 26 . 9/24/2014
a wonderful story. you played on your readers' heartstrings like a skilled pianist at the ivory keys.
Phemon13 chapter 26 . 8/16/2014
That was AWESOME! First fanfic I read on (that includes Ranma x Akane) and it passed with flying colors!
The story was amazing. It literally felt like the ending manga/season of an extremely long running series that no true fan would ever criticize. If someone would make a comic version of this, I would die happy!

(One small nitpick: you did stretch some of the length out by repeating what just happened (but from a different perspective) and I believe you could've taken out 6-7 paragraphs if you didn't but oh well! Great read!)