Reviews for You and me Both squibs
deleted2012 chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
So emotionally beautiful! :)
Silver Sailor Ganymede chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
I've never seen a fic in which Filch was anything other than horrible toward anyone, but it makes sense that he would be nice to Neville if he was ever nice to anyone at all. This was a very original idea.
FireChildSlytherin5 chapter 1 . 11/5/2007
cute. :) I always thought Filtch and Longbottom would be okay ground. yeah know?
Glor chapter 1 . 11/4/2007
Unique story. Too bad the Russian version is unavailable anymore, even though English-to-Russian translations rarely turn out good.

Sympathetic Filch is something I would've never imagined, yet it seems plausible that he's considering a near-squib as a kindred spirit. This story also addresses the important problem of treating the "weaker" people. My respect, Bagge!
Harry Potter's Ugly Sister chapter 1 . 4/25/2007
That was like a blanket. A very warm, squibby blanket. Thank you for that.
BajaB chapter 1 . 11/23/2006
Good Filch fics are hard to find. This one is a gem.
getdeleated chapter 1 . 9/20/2006
Aw that's sweet, and it's so cool that it's in Russian. Not that I can speak or read Russian, I just think that it's pretty wicked.

Eva
midnight-me chapter 1 . 7/10/2006
Aww, how sweet! Filch seemed just a bit out of character, but I still liked it. Neville was great! Well done!
OnlyAtNight chapter 1 . 6/6/2006
Sad, but lovely at the same time. I guess Neville and Argus do have a lot in common. Very nicely written too.
coolmarauders chapter 1 . 3/11/2006
cute. but Neville isn't a squib. But I get what you mean. I like all your fics.

prongs
Possum132 chapter 1 . 2/2/2006
That's great! Have you read Ozma's Squib Universe fics?
Deb-lil chapter 1 . 12/29/2005
Hi!

Wow. Another fic of yours that I have stunningly missed. I don't know why I missed it. I can read and everything. Oh, I know what happened! Either I blanked out after I rode my bike into the neighbor's mailbox (Cringes), or you are simply a stealthy story-adder. Yes, I'll go with the second one; the story-adder. Doesn't that sound horribly like a minimum wage job employers give thirteen year olds? Story-adder. Feh.

Okay, I'm seriously done now. Review time!

This beginning part was so sad. Of course Neville felt like a jerk after Letting Black in, but I never thought of what it was like for him afterwards. Man, that must have burned. He was so humiliated. The saddest bit was this: "Much worse, he remembered the disappointed expressions of his friends." Aww, poor Neville! He's so loyal, he'd never want to disappoint anybody, especially his friends. McGonogall, he can get over, but Hermione? Dean? Harry? You can tell THIS is gonna stick with him for a while.

Also, it shows a lot about his character that he worried what would have happened if Ron was in a deeper sleep when Sirius came through.

And Filch. What a character. Despite his pent up hatred for normal wizards, he doesn't turn a blind eye to another like him. He was so kind to Neville. Of all the people I expected to let another cry in his office, Filch was the last.

And poor Neville, trying to stop crying like that. Everyone knows if you try to stop crying, it'll only make you cry harder. How unfair is that? Ah, the great complexity of the human tear ducts.

The metaphor of comparing Muggles with exotic animals was sheer brilliance.

I have to say, I am also a fan of this troll. Urgh. Classy name, that is. It gets the point across nice and quickly.

There is one more point I must make. The fic said Filch's office "smelled of fried fish." Would that be the fermented herring stuff? (You know what I mean, right? It began with an 'S' and it had an 'o' with two dots over it.) Or was somebody simply cooking fish with a toaster? Or maybe Filch just likes fish because 'Filch' and 'fish' are spelled similarly.

Once again, a great and powerful fic you have here.

Keep writing!

Deb-lil
Luna Obsessed chapter 1 . 12/9/2005
What a unique idea! You even made Filch likable...:P Really enjoyed reading this...poor little Neville. :P

This line in particular: What the hell is it with wand-swinging that makes a bloke a human anyway? Made me laugh...:)

Loved the last sentance with Mrs. Norris and Trevor too...so sweet. :)

*goes to read more of your fics*
duj chapter 1 . 11/9/2005
Sweet. Canon Filch is too sour to do that though. Pity. Is English your second language? Sometimes you jumble the word order of a sentence.
Queen of the Badgers chapter 1 . 11/3/2005
A story for Neville sympathisers at last!

Very sweet. I forgot that Filch was a Squib...and that Neville was close to being a Squib. But he is rather good at Herbology.

I think that the two would probably be quite good friends, as they are both very lonely people, who are often misunderstood and made out to be different to how they really are.

Excellent idea for a story!

How DO you keep coming up with all these story ideas?

I have also realised that, in a previous review, I emphasized the fact that you made a couple of spelling mistakes.

In that same review, I spelt the word 'mood' as...moof.

Yes, I am a hypocrite. And proud of it.

Haha...sorry.

(I type too fast for my own good.)

Keep thinking up these incredible plotlines! And keep posting your stories...or else I'll have to hunt you down. And FORCE you to write. And you wouldn't want that, now, would you?

A very passionate and emotional QoB.

:D