Reviews for Role Reversal
Snowstorm Symphony chapter 6 . 3/22/2014
A stunning piece of work. Thank you so much for sharing.
Kataraang0 chapter 6 . 1/17/2011
Wow. That was unbelievably beautiful. I always wondered why Mary never, say, divorce Watson (or what not) since he was always with Holmes. I really like how you portrayed everything. It is truly captivating.
xxClosed Accountxx chapter 6 . 2/22/2010
I wonder! I wonder how you manage to tell us so much and make us feel so much by only a few short chapters and a few words and sentences. I call this art.

You explained the characters' feelings about one another, about their past experiences, and about the presnet situation while filling the plot holes of the original stoires in only a few short chapters. And rarely have I read fanfics that keep the characters so IC and make them more real, round and deep at the same time.

You are a genius for doing that.
Sarah O chapter 4 . 2/22/2010
"I feared I would lose what remained of my self control if I saw that he was angry, or worse, 'hurt'."

"The uncertainty has been fully as exhausting as the illness. Death, however untimely or unfortunate, is nothing if not certain."

"Soon, I think, there will be no more professionals visiting...my bedside will be populated by family and friends come to say their final farewells."

These are sad yet very deep and so true to life.

Congratulations on this story.
Sarah O chapter 3 . 2/22/2010
"Watson's heart, I dare say, is large enough to forgive me. The good Mrs. Watson may prove more difficult, yet I find that I cannot blame her, for it is entirely possible I may never forgive 'myself'."

Deep perception into Holme's character.
Sarah O chapter 2 . 2/22/2010
"I feel it is happening again. I am being deliberately kept in the dark as to the true state of things. Protected against my will."

Well said, deep and heartbreaking...
DancingGrass chapter 6 . 9/7/2008
:D:D:D:D:D

Yay!

You finished it, and I THANK YOU. SO many good stories never get told to the end here on , and I'm very glad that this one does not fall under that category.

It was worth the wait :)

-DG
KCS chapter 6 . 9/5/2008
I read this months ago, and had entirely forgotten about it until now - stunning story.

You've got the most realistic portrayal of long-term grief I've read in a long while. The chapters from Mary's POV were especially vivid, and my heart broke with the last two.

I do hope you write more fanfics, but if not, thank you very much for a lovely read!
Rachel Indeed chapter 6 . 9/4/2008
Thanks so much. This was a beautiful story, very simply written; you didn't go overboard with grief and angst, you portrayed the suffering of long illness and long grief with subtlety and respect. It felt realistic, bleak, and yet - in its own way - hopeful. Mary, especially, came across as tired and occasionally overwhelmed, but deeply grateful for the gifts of her life and her marriage. Her final chapter is very quiet and peaceful - she was a gracious woman. You did a wonderful job with these characters' voices.

Thanks so much for sharing this!
Volume-Of-A-book chapter 1 . 9/4/2008
Wow...just...just wow.
FoggyKnight chapter 6 . 9/4/2008
Very nicely done indeed! What a way to end the story too. Poor Watson, signing a death certificate, that impersonal piece of paper, for his own wife :(. I liked all the points of view you had too.

Can't wait to see anything else you write!
221Bee chapter 6 . 9/4/2008
Wow, what a fine story! I hadn't seen this until you recently updated and completed-I'm so glad that you did. Your first story? Amazing, because I think you have real talent that I hope you will explore.

Your characters are true, and their voices are authentic and canonical. Who could ask for more?

Definitely added to my favorites. Thank you!
DancingGrass chapter 4 . 8/25/2008
Two years is a bit more than a few days. :P

PLease update?
Ambers79 chapter 4 . 12/2/2007
I really enjoyed this story. I liked how you used first person. It really made me feel a good connection with the characters. I am looking forward to the conclusion to your story.
query4 chapter 4 . 10/22/2007
I'm sorry to see that this hasn't been updated in over a year. The story is tragic and heartwarming all at the same time. You have an ability to convey a character's emotions very vividly, while using a minimum of words.

If you ever choose to update this story, I'll look forward to it.
55 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »