Reviews for A Twist In Fate
Kennayil chapter 22 . 2/25
A wonderful way to start off. I was never a fan of Obi-Wan thanks to the OT. Mainly the, "..so, what I said was true, from a certain point of view." However, in this story you have made him a much more likable character without sacrificing his basic personality.
Valin chapter 22 . 11/13/2014
Wonderful story!
Elise chapter 22 . 6/25/2014
Great, fantastic, wonderful story! :) Looking very much forward to the sequel.
bast4 chapter 11 . 2/23/2014
obi wan ripping into qui gon like that was just beautiful, absolutely beautiful. so happy to see him viewing anakin for himself and not as the chosen one. anakin really needs that.
StrictlySomething chapter 22 . 3/10/2013
This has been fantastic! Crossing my fingers that when I jump to your profile in a few seconds the sequel exists.
Ms. No-Account chapter 17 . 2/8/2013
"Obi-Wan was thirteen – or was just about there – too old to become a Jedi Padawan. Thus, he was sent to ... Agricorps. It was sheer luck that he was traveling with Master Jinn. ... I didn't find this out until later," ... "At the time, I thought he was Jinn's new Padawan and I wanted to use this new bond to cause him pain. But to my great surprise, he denied it and I could feel that this was the truth. As I couldn't afford to let Obi-Wan tell Master Jinn that I was behind everything, I gave him to miners, knowing that he'd be dead in a few weeks. ... He escaped and found his way to Master Jinn ..."

Obi-Wan was twelve when he was sent to Bandomeer, and it wasn't exactly because he was too old to be a Padawan - like Anakin. Obi-Wan was expelled early because his rival, Bruck Chun, instigated an unauthorized duel between them that got back around to the Council, so he was sent off a year early.
Xanatos knew from the moment they landed that Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon were traveling together. Obi-Wan corrected Xanatos that he wasn't Qui-Gon's Padawan when they first met (on Bandomeer), but Xanatos *was* trying to hurt Qui by getting to Obi.
Qui-Gon had a bad falling out with Xan, he already had suspicions that Xan was plotting something and didn't need Obi to tell him so. Obi-Wan didn't escape by himself, he had help from Guerra, another slave working for Offworld on the mining platform Obi was kidnapped and sent to. Qui-Gon also went after him and they left the platform together, later stopping Xanatos' plan to blow up the entire planet just to kill Qui-Gon.
I skipped through the chapters, so you've probably said you don't know much about JA like the A/N in the beginning. For some reason this just bothered me. .; I'm leaving you alone now.
sevter chapter 22 . 2/5/2013
Hi!

While you wrote that the ending seemed to be the natural ending of the story, to me it seemed unfinished. There is no satisfaction of a complete story to be had by reading the end of this chapter. Instead, while I concede that this might be a natural stopping point, it feels that there should be more to be told.

The problem with this is probably because we are not only following the journey of Obi-Wan and Anakin and how their relationship develops throughout the course of this story. All along the story, we not only see the viewpoint of Obi-Wan and Anakin, but also various characters in the universe. Furthermore, the underlying commonalities of all those viewpoints are The Force and how it affects everyone in the galaxy. If this was truly a story about Obi-Wan and Anakin, then what we would see is how other people are affected by their relationship and this is not the case.

Therefore, it seemed that it is more a story on the unbalance in the Force, with Obi-Wan and Anakin as an important instrument to bring about balance. However, this means that the story will feel unfinished unless the arc is completed.
Baow chapter 22 . 2/3/2013
Wow, I liked it a lot! Looking forward to the sequel.
clexfan chapter 22 . 12/24/2012
Wow, I have been seriously impressed by this spin on canon. Makes me w*sh it is the way it happened!
tyger cub chapter 22 . 8/12/2012
This story is amazing. Such a well written AU ... Also it's screaming out for a sequel ... Which I hope you'll do yes?
MuggleCreator chapter 22 . 8/2/2012
Wow. O-kay, then...

Cool stuff. Great characterisations!
Krysler chapter 22 . 5/7/2012
I love this story! The way you've portrayed Obi-Wan and Anakin is adorable and I like how you've developed their relationship. :O I still can't believe you killed off Master Yoda, though...
Lea1985 chapter 22 . 3/24/2012
great story !
sandcate chapter 22 . 2/21/2012
A good story, I liked it

thanks
Gyreflight chapter 22 . 12/17/2011
I was really pleased to find this again (and find it completed!) – I’d come across it before, but then lost track of it because I forgot the title and author. Sorry about that, but I hope that late is better than never when it comes to reviews.

I’m fond of ‘what-if’ fanfic, where one change (especially an unexpected one), has a knock-on effect down the line, and I’d not seen this done before – Obi-Wan on Bandomeer, not embittered, but given a different opportunity to grow into himself, still valued by the Jedi and knowing it.

The awkward but honest empathy growing between the child-shy Obi-Wan and needy Anakin was gently handled, and I liked the way you drew in the past by paralleling the relationship between Dooku and Qui-Gon which is rarely written on.

I enjoyed this, and if you do feel like writing a sequel, I’ll be interested to see where you take it.

Thanks for the read.