Reviews for A Twist In Fate
staidwaters chapter 22 . 9/13
Thank you for the delightful Xanatos! I read one story with him as a character a while ago that I liked, couldn't find any other likable versions of him in any other stories and gave up, bummed. And then here I go looking for time travel fics and find the fascinating character I'd looked for so long ago. Thanks! An enjoyable read overall.
Khelc-sul Renai chapter 22 . 6/7
NO! NO! This can not end here, darn it! I mean, I understand how this might be a natural end, the entire feel of this is going to have to change now, the focus would be moving from Obi-Wan coming to accept he is a Jedi and the bonds between him and other force sensitizes (specifically his bond with Anakin and then their bonds with Dooku)-I like your version of Dooku, by the way-to the larger conflicts would facing the Jedi, the Republic and the Sith. I understand that this is the natural end. BUT GOSH DARN IT, YOU'VE LEFT SO MANY OPEN ENDS! I really want to know how the Jedi deal with these revelations, how they change without Yoda at the helm. I want to know if Maul survives the bounty hunters, and if he ends up fighting his master. I want to know if Anakin was sensing Palpatine or Aurra or something else, darn it! I want to know how Xanatos deals with being about the temple now. Gosh, darn it! There is so much more I want to know! This is too wonderful a story for me to want it to stop!

I love how in denial Obi-Wan is about the fact that he really is a full Jedi now, even with everyone and the force telling him otherwise, up until Mace tells him Yoda said he was a Master. Only then does he finally start to accept the truth... I love this. The number of people who depend on him despite his being on Bandomeer was awesome. You can see Anakin healing throughout the story, and then see Anakin and Obi-Wan healing Dooku, and I love how this all works. Very Great story.

Well written. Wonderfully done.
Kennayil chapter 22 . 2/25
A wonderful way to start off. I was never a fan of Obi-Wan thanks to the OT. Mainly the, ", what I said was true, from a certain point of view." However, in this story you have made him a much more likable character without sacrificing his basic personality.
Valin chapter 22 . 11/13/2014
Wonderful story!
Elise chapter 22 . 6/25/2014
Great, fantastic, wonderful story! :) Looking very much forward to the sequel.
bast4 chapter 11 . 2/23/2014
obi wan ripping into qui gon like that was just beautiful, absolutely beautiful. so happy to see him viewing anakin for himself and not as the chosen one. anakin really needs that.
StrictlySomething chapter 22 . 3/10/2013
This has been fantastic! Crossing my fingers that when I jump to your profile in a few seconds the sequel exists.
Ms. No-Account chapter 17 . 2/8/2013
"Obi-Wan was thirteen – or was just about there – too old to become a Jedi Padawan. Thus, he was sent to ... Agricorps. It was sheer luck that he was traveling with Master Jinn. ... I didn't find this out until later," ... "At the time, I thought he was Jinn's new Padawan and I wanted to use this new bond to cause him pain. But to my great surprise, he denied it and I could feel that this was the truth. As I couldn't afford to let Obi-Wan tell Master Jinn that I was behind everything, I gave him to miners, knowing that he'd be dead in a few weeks. ... He escaped and found his way to Master Jinn ..."

Obi-Wan was twelve when he was sent to Bandomeer, and it wasn't exactly because he was too old to be a Padawan - like Anakin. Obi-Wan was expelled early because his rival, Bruck Chun, instigated an unauthorized duel between them that got back around to the Council, so he was sent off a year early.
Xanatos knew from the moment they landed that Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon were traveling together. Obi-Wan corrected Xanatos that he wasn't Qui-Gon's Padawan when they first met (on Bandomeer), but Xanatos *was* trying to hurt Qui by getting to Obi.
Qui-Gon had a bad falling out with Xan, he already had suspicions that Xan was plotting something and didn't need Obi to tell him so. Obi-Wan didn't escape by himself, he had help from Guerra, another slave working for Offworld on the mining platform Obi was kidnapped and sent to. Qui-Gon also went after him and they left the platform together, later stopping Xanatos' plan to blow up the entire planet just to kill Qui-Gon.
I skipped through the chapters, so you've probably said you don't know much about JA like the A/N in the beginning. For some reason this just bothered me. .; I'm leaving you alone now.
sevter chapter 22 . 2/5/2013

While you wrote that the ending seemed to be the natural ending of the story, to me it seemed unfinished. There is no satisfaction of a complete story to be had by reading the end of this chapter. Instead, while I concede that this might be a natural stopping point, it feels that there should be more to be told.

The problem with this is probably because we are not only following the journey of Obi-Wan and Anakin and how their relationship develops throughout the course of this story. All along the story, we not only see the viewpoint of Obi-Wan and Anakin, but also various characters in the universe. Furthermore, the underlying commonalities of all those viewpoints are The Force and how it affects everyone in the galaxy. If this was truly a story about Obi-Wan and Anakin, then what we would see is how other people are affected by their relationship and this is not the case.

Therefore, it seemed that it is more a story on the unbalance in the Force, with Obi-Wan and Anakin as an important instrument to bring about balance. However, this means that the story will feel unfinished unless the arc is completed.
Baow chapter 22 . 2/3/2013
Wow, I liked it a lot! Looking forward to the sequel.
clexfan chapter 22 . 12/24/2012
Wow, I have been seriously impressed by this spin on canon. Makes me w*sh it is the way it happened!
tyger cub chapter 22 . 8/12/2012
This story is amazing. Such a well written AU ... Also it's screaming out for a sequel ... Which I hope you'll do yes?
MuggleCreator chapter 22 . 8/2/2012
Wow. O-kay, then...

Cool stuff. Great characterisations!
Krysler chapter 22 . 5/7/2012
I love this story! The way you've portrayed Obi-Wan and Anakin is adorable and I like how you've developed their relationship. :O I still can't believe you killed off Master Yoda, though...
Lea1985 chapter 22 . 3/24/2012