Reviews for Lonely Like We Are
Thunder S Silence chapter 1 . 1/7/2011
Excellent. I enjoyed Kurama's perspective, as well as the character analysis. I like that they don't have to be anything more than friends, but that there's still that thin line that separates friends from more than that. It's the preservation of that, I think, that makes it so good; because, after all, without that easy transition, the couple wouldn't be so popular. All in all, a very pleasant piece that I am happy to have read. Thank you for posting!
Serenity12 chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
It's such a shame that you don't write fanfiction anymore, you really had a knack for getting into character and writing as though it were truly them.

Oh well, at least we can still enjoy your past works. I look forward to having you as my potential Beta reader!
Tjix chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
Very melancholic and in-character. It almost made me cry. I hate thinking of the day when Hiei will no longer have Kurama... or vice versa.

Ja ne,

Tjix
borderline-mary chapter 1 . 9/1/2006
No words, except - this is *genuine*. Holy crap.
NyteKit chapter 1 . 11/16/2005
nice. that was so sweet, in a way, and it sounded exactly like Kurama. i loved how you had him describing Hiei. he said many things i'd expect him to think of Hiei. once again, you got right into the souls of both characters. you do that very well and i was not disappointed. wonderful job!
bluekitsune251 chapter 1 . 11/14/2005
i like it. you seem to have a lot of empathy. i tend to do the same thing, and it is not always pleasant, but ANYWAY! keep writing, ok?
kikira-chan chapter 1 . 11/5/2005
I liked Kurama's point of view I thought you did him nicely. It is however slightly melancholoy and now I believe I should go find some form of food that is very lacking in nutritional value. (I think I blame that on TV though) I did like it though very much especially the last lines and Kurama's romantizing (I mean I think he was right but like in the first paragraph where he said 'oh, my, I'm getting awfully sentimental' that's kinda what I meant I'm going to stop talking now and just hope you understand what I mean.) Thanks for such a good story I enjoyed it!
AshenRoseShadow chapter 1 . 11/4/2005
Your story was so incredibly beautiful and moving. Every word got to me and every word lingered in my mind so I could hear it again and again. The detail you used was magnificent.

"Fascia, brash, crippling, tumultuous" These words and others were perfect, flowing like poetry and showing what a deep knowledge you really have of the characters.

You took Kurama's way of speaking and put it in a story. Extraordinary work, I applaud you.

Everything you said about Hiei was exactly on the dot. The way you described his eyes and his loneliness moved me to tears. One can only imagine what you could say in a conversation about these characters as yourself.

The way Kurama respects Hiei's wishes is truly like him and I'm glad your story was so focused and true to character for everyone.

No doubt, my favorite part was the ending. My heart swelled for your writing and the marvelous way you concluded the story. Though, the pain still was there from Hiei and Kurama's loneliness that you portrayed so well.

"“Where did we go astray?”

And he will smirk at me in that overconfident way of his, for a moment hiding the loneliness in his heart, and he will shake his head at my ignorance and answer me curtly:

“Does it really matter?”

And I will expect this answer and smile, and then we will sit together, lonely companions, and understand that some things are simply meant to be this way."

Astounding, the way you wrapped it all together. I don't think I've ever read a finer piece of Yu Yu Hakusho work.

The question Kurama asked made me smile, then the fact that he knew how Hiei was going to answer also moved me. They are such a perfect duo. Almost friends. _

How you described how Hiei would answer the question, saying how he would hide the loneliness in his hear, and that he answered "curtly" was perfect.

I could picture that scenario, and Hiei "shaking his head at [Kurama's] ignorance."

You are a spectacular writer and I will look for more of your work. Keep writing.
ShadowsofLight chapter 1 . 11/4/2005
Wow...beautifully written. Everything makes perfect sense, and it flows so nicely. Well done. I especially like the ending. ;)