Reviews for A Dream of Blood and Snow
Taeniaea chapter 21 . 8/29/2012
very cool story
Miyoko03 chapter 21 . 7/4/2010
Hello.. I've been intrigued with Jade Empire game recently. the fanfictions posted here are really the the source to quench my thirst for more plots. Indeed, your story has a unique exploit and I do really hope you can update soon.

Good Luck and don't drop this great story!
Ray Venn Hakubi chapter 20 . 8/12/2008
Heh, I thought I remembered reading the end of this ages ago... I guess you either rewrote or I mis-remembered?

Still, I can't wait for the ending, be it revised or not!
luvondarox chapter 20 . 8/5/2008
Ahh! A cliffhanger!

This is an awesome story, Freesourceful! It's deffintely unique, which is always great to see in the world of fanfiction. I have to admit - I'm hooked. I can't wait to read more!
The Outlander chapter 1 . 3/25/2008
I started reading it yesterday, and I read 4 chapters in a row, which means something :-)

It's a captivating story, thanks to the good descriptions and the prospect of knowing what is going to happen, but now how. At least, I have this feeling now.

Excellent work, that's for sure.
Miss Loquacious chapter 18 . 6/30/2007
Good story, though a tad confusing to follow. During scene changes the reader is left a little confused as to where they are and what happened. Nonetheless, I like the idea behind this and the metaphors. Nice work.
Rian Sage chapter 17 . 11/17/2006
I like the implication of something more between Dawn Star and Zu. I've always thought there was a story there. In the game, it would be a hopeless romance, but that doesn't make it any less interesting.

I can't believe you only have a couple more chapters to go. I'm really looking forward to them. You've put a lot of stuff in here to wrap up and I'm sure the chapters will be very enlightening. I've been very curious about the confrontation with the "Dark Consort." Mostly, I'm anxious to have the many questions answered and to see how it all plays out.

The Kia Min thing is a little confusing. I didn't think the alternate reality reached back as far as Two Rivers.

Can I assume the battle to put Blood down for a while was the parallel to the battle with the Minion of Suffering in the cave? I only assume this because of the gem involved. Of course the assumption is also based on this story being a different take on the entire Dirge experience. Will she wake up within the temple in human form and meet her friends outside who have been running from the Imperial Army the whole time? (Don't answer that.) ;)
Rian Sage chapter 11 . 11/9/2006
I really like how you've portrayed Sky's darker side. You've done a great job of making me dislike him. On the other hand, what would he give to have Snow instead? It would be interesting to have a similar confrontation between him and Monshuiye like her and Zu.
Rian Sage chapter 7 . 11/7/2006
Again, I'm very impressed with your descriptions. I find myself thinking what a great imagination you must have to have come up with this story. It took a while, but it seems to be coming together. I have to say that for some reason, I laughed at Snow's response, "Sky? Sky's here? Is he a prisoner too?" It's not funny considering the heartbreaking thoughts that followed, but I got a kick out of it regardless. I guess picturing Zu through this encounter thinking she must be totally cracked added to the amusement.

It's nice to see Sun Li have a chance to build a relationship with his daughter. But I guess I'm still skeptical as to whether this is a choice being made by Snow or a chance at redemption for a choice already made.

The only concrit I have to offer may already be addressed considering how long ago you probably wrote this. But that would be that you seem to switch POV quite often from one paragraph to the next. Until recently, I was guilty of that myself. So I thought I'd mention it.
Rian Sage chapter 2 . 11/7/2006
I've just started reading this and wanted to take a moment to comment. So far, I've really enjoyed the description you've inserted here. The blade in the eye was gross, but very effective at showing how far Sky has "fallen." I have no idea what's going on yet, but I'm sure it will become clear as I read on. I'm thinking it has something to do with the future flashing across Dreaming Snow's mind before leaping through the spirit gate.
Metroidvania chapter 16 . 7/16/2006
Eh, don't worry about updates. (As long as you don't stop completely.)

One thing troubles me.

You wrote:

“Bitch.” With practiced ease, Blood sent a hail of Stone Immoral hurtling at her opponent. Snow retaliated with Tempest, creating a rolling vortex that extended from her fingers into the air, swallowing the rocks as they flew towards her head. “Two can play that game!” Blood countered and set loose her own whirlwind, which her opponent blocked with a wall of stone. Blood bit her lip but followed with a series of Ice Shard and Dire Flame.

End Quote.

Wouldn't Snow, the seemingly _open palm_, have used stone immortal, while Blood the obvious _closed fist_, have used Tempest?

Besides the fact that it is possible, albeit weaker than it would be, the only other explanation I can think of is that they were pulling chi from the same body, which means it could be used interchangeably...

Well, keep up the great work, and update again soon.

Later,

MV
Reklar chapter 15 . 6/11/2006
Hmm, playing catch-up with this story isn't exactly as easy as picking up on one of the BG fanfics I usually read. There are so many more details to tie together and recompile with each new chapter, but at least now I have some clue as to where the whole epic is going. :) The dialogues between Dawn Star and Blood/Snow were the most revealing, obviously, but the scene with Suffering was a nice indicator of what lay ahead as well.

As usual, Black Whirlwind and Zin Bu were the much needed comic relief, though Zu had his moment of dry humor to add, and I can't help but get a chuckle of giddiness each time they show up. I still haven't been able to piece together their part in the story, but I'm hoping to see Black Whirlwind against this demon fella, Ya Zhen. That should be a fight worth BW's time!

Oh, there were some spelling and editing gaffs in a few places, but unfortunately I did not mark them down in Notepad like I normally do, so it'll have to wait. I do recall "suety" seeming misplaced to me (shouldn't ash be related to as sooty?), but I admit my vocabulary is less than stellar, and my comprehension of the author's intent is frequently lacking clarity. Regardless, it is a fine continuation, Freesourceful, and I look forward to the next chapter. :)

-Reklar
Cat Avatar for the DCG chapter 14 . 5/29/2006
This is very good, very interesting, -and- looking like it will be wrapped up soon. Triple score. /laugh I apreciate the hard work you are showing here. Of course, the question one wants to ask, is if Snow would be redeeming one world... or two.

Keep up the great work!
Freesourceful chapter 14 . 5/15/2006
Anon, it is truly an honor to be reviewed by you! You are surely the most quoted of quotables. _

Seriously, thanks for reading. The backstory on Lian was covered in the "behind the scenes" thread on my personal forum, linkable here:

I also have a standing offer to help proofread, and I'll do at least one shot for any takers. And believe me, I'm a much better proofreader than writer.
Anon chapter 14 . 5/15/2006
So, Dawn Star is seeing double? Blood is out, but Snow is fighting her way out, to see if she can regain control. Like the part where Blood is talking about "Despair. Death. And Suffering", which happens to coincide with the spirits Snow is facing. Hopefully, Snow can break free before Dawn Star dies. So, did Lian betray Blood for her father, or was that when she was sacrificed to the water dragon? Keep up the good work, and update again soon.

Anon