Reviews for Skin
deanandjo4ever1 chapter 1 . 9/7/2012
I've said it on previous stories, you have their voices so well I love this verse
RomanceGuru chapter 1 . 5/1/2006
Great moment of refection!

“He weren’t proud ‘a himself when he thought on how he’d treated her or the Doc back then. He’d forgotten some ‘a the most basic things his Ma had taught him – respect, compassion, understandin’… He figured he’d become so used ta bein’ the mean-ass mercenary he’d forgotten what it was like ta be human.”

I also appreciated that Jayne wants to wait until River can refer to herself in first person. You have gone above and beyond in crating Jayne’s depth, while maintaining complete believability.
crazyoldwoman chapter 1 . 1/27/2006
*wibbles* he's such a sweetheart. T_T omg they're so adorable together. i've read so many stories where these beefy, seemingly coarse men who you'd never think could be gentle with anything, end up with the fragile-looking women, and a lot of the time they're just incredibly cute together. especially in the stories where the seemingly fragile woman kicks his ass. i love your portrayal of this pairing. love love love.
Quinndolynn chapter 1 . 11/7/2005
I really love how you write Jayne. The dialect is wonderful. And I love his rationalization concerning her use of the thrid person.
K chapter 1 . 11/6/2005
I have really enjoyed reading all your Firefly fics- keep writing! :)
Lattelady chapter 1 . 11/6/2005
Lovely addition to your series, especially the last few sentences. You've made their relationship as real as it can be.
Zade chapter 1 . 11/6/2005
Those last fews lines were just utter perfection! Very deep, and not what you'd expect from mean gruff merc!Jayne. I really enjoy your dialogue and the flow of your narrative. You always manage to nail the character voice and its just fantastic to read. Completely a Jayne/River shipper now. Looking forward to the next installment (if there is one...)

-Z