Reviews for A matter of perception
Von chapter 6 . 10/20/2014
Well it has been almost a decade for this story so I won't hold my breath for any more of it but, THANK YOU for writing and posting what exists already. :) I've long had a craving for a muggle-tech-influenced Harry but never had enough to pull together to write one of my own.

This is a very interesting blend of nanites, Muggle concerns, Magical philosophy and a badass Harry waiting to happen. Cheers.
Navn Ukjent chapter 6 . 5/9/2014
Interesting story so far.

Too bad it's been years since the last update.
Nerfhearder69 chapter 6 . 1/10/2014
Really wish this story had continued. Good work on the ideas and plotting.
jeanpaulreddy93 chapter 6 . 6/23/2013
Interesting concept... However its not that well written, it needs to be fleshed out more. Honestly, the only part that i truly enjoyed reading was about the nanites.
capctr chapter 6 . 10/19/2012
Wow, seriously? How could you start something so amazing, and then leave it? Please, for the sake of all that holy, pick this story back up and continue, I beg of you! The one shot "sequel" is amazing, but what happened after Harry hijacked the Centari ship? What happens between this story and that?
I can come up with two ideas as to why you have stopped writing this-either you are now a discovered author of great success, or you are dead. I really hope the latter is not the case, and if it is the first, can you please inform me of your penname?
Jon chapter 6 . 4/14/2012
Wow! What a great story! :D I really love this! I do hope you continue or that there is a sequel. I'm really interested what happens next (not only near future after the 3 days are up but also far future when the diary is discovered a year and a half later :) )

Thanks again!

Jon
MoonBurner chapter 6 . 12/18/2011
I cannot believe it. Finally, a story that is truly unique and original, and its abandoned just when it pulls you in...
Lerris chapter 6 . 6/1/2011
While not a favorite, this is nonetheless an interesting beginning. I'll have to take a look at the sequel.
Lerris chapter 5 . 6/1/2011
Some things like the point of view of the nanites might be a necessary evil, but it may be one to minimise to keep a bit of the mystery going. Other than that you confused compression and encryption at one point. You compress data to reduce the space used. Encrypting data usually takes the same amount of space or sometimes more space. You also mentioned that all nanites had a copy of the database. That seems unrealistic, at least with any technology in the foreseeable future. Sure you might manufacture essentially one nanite type, since that is easiest, but nothing prohibits one from loading different information into different units, like you could load different data into different computers. Then the trick becomes how to efficiently access that information and coordinate activity. Emergent behaviour from swarms is a complex field, It would be easier to just embed one much larger central coordinating node to act as a master, and then have the individual nanites act as slaves to the master node. Overall though, this remains an interesting start, and it is nice to see a solid attempt at science based fiction.
Lerris chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
This is an interesting start, although I'm curious where the nanites came from. That kind of thing is well beyond our current science, but then again, any story is, to some extent, a what if scenario...
Demeterr chapter 6 . 5/23/2011
An interesting concept, and well written. I look forward to reading more~
ForceofGreed chapter 1 . 5/17/2011
Whooooo whee. I don't know about this story. I'm thinking about reading it, but your title and your opening prose have major misspellings. You should really fix those.
Vindeen chapter 6 . 5/11/2011
Sounds really really really promissing.
SuperiorShortness chapter 6 . 5/10/2011
This is the best story I've come across in quite awhile... I hope one day you will be willing to pick it up again...

A Fan,

Kevin
Lusalma chapter 6 . 4/20/2011
very nice, love the way you portrayed Harry and CSE...wondering who the guy with the ring was and wondering about Draco and harry's room mates. Can't wait to see what harry does in Hogwarts, hope to read more soon!