Reviews for On the Edge of Yesterday
GalanthaDreams chapter 1 . 9/26
This is so...breathtakingly gorgeous. Everything about it sings to me. I'm a person who lives for detail so I'm going to attempt to number the things I love.

One, the subtlety of the romance, it isn't just fire and passion, it's this slow unveiling, this soft haze that appears when thoughts become action. The building of the garden, the new home, the quest for the western herb punctuate the atmosphere. Two, Takeda. You managed to bring depth to a character that has no real screen time into screaming life. He is odd and thoughtful in a way that isn't just endearing but also unspeakably human. He's so steady as a person, so sure of himself, and as I read I fell in love with him (and that was a surprise, a strange and rare state) His slow re-humanization of Kohaku, his refusal to be taken in by his servant's paranoia, his conviction in his actions are beyond admirable. And the moment he tells her he loves her darkness and pain, her tragedy, the image of her she accused him of loving is striking. But the moment sprouts wings when he tells her he wants to make her whole, so she can love her imperfections too. When he forcefully made tracks in the ground off the path, told her that a person had to make their own happy ending if it wasn't handed to them, I was so inspired. The last reason I love it is Sango, haunted and beautifully lost Sango. Reading her point of view was interesting because it was so apparent that she hadn't dealt with her issues as much as she thought she had. That quote when she says "sometimes when you're taking a step forward, you're actually taking two steps back" says it all. The undercurrent of guilt as she came to care for Takeda, the effect of his hope and forward thinking on her, was compelling. And can I just say that I adore how you handled Miroku. He isn't just an obstacle, he's this fully realized person who struggles with dying and who could almost hate Takeda for giving Sango everything but can't because of that, because he also loves Sango. You give us just enough insight to him to make us feel for him and in a way, giving his perspective magnified everything. The crowning moment for me is the conversation Sango and Miroku have when they discuss Takeda getting the herb. When he tells her that if Takeda got the herb he would be a very good man I felt that maybe he was giving her his blessing. This is a piece to be proud of.
Chigirl chapter 1 . 8/18/2012
Very nice!
Midnights-AM-Child chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
Brilliant!
een nihc chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
I don't even know who is Takeda but strangely I root for him as I was reading the story.I don't know why but your simple words add so much depth and emotion to the story.I'm glad I've read it and at the same time, grateful that you wrote this.
Baitdcat chapter 1 . 12/26/2008
Awesome story! I rarely come across stories such as this that is worth the read. The simplicity of the style of writing, the emotional depth, and almost everything about this story is superb. Thank you for this gem.
ten.thousand.spoons chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
Ah... wow. This was simply beautiful. Your portrayal of everyone was perfect, and the emotion conveyed the right depth without being overdone. Again, great job.
vikikibouki chapter 1 . 2/6/2008
Very poignant, very heartfelt, and VERY well thought up & written, although I DID get very teary eyed.

Kudos for a beautiful oneshot!
SilverCrystal029 chapter 1 . 7/26/2007
oi!

Off center, but I loved it.
Akira M chapter 1 . 2/17/2007
ooh, how I love this story. it is beyond samrt and so well written. i found myself rereding it just to "feel" it again. very impressive.
kitsune-koinu chapter 1 . 8/12/2006
BlackMamba07 chapter 1 . 2/26/2006
Beautiful story. You have a very lyrical way of writing that suited your story quite well. It's nice to see something both original and well-written-you give Sango a depth of character that many fan-fictions lack. Thank you for writing!
Me-Anne M chapter 1 . 1/3/2006
Wow!
HMPrune chapter 1 . 12/1/2005
The story left me speechless...

I love the spare writing and the way that you were able to wring such emotions out of the characters. I felt so sad for poor Miroku - wanting to hate, yet unable to, the man who gave his Sango everything.

Wonderful story.
YamiPaladinofChaos chapter 1 . 11/13/2005
Huh... you don't see this pairing every day, and damn if I wasn't going to pass it up.

I'm not quite sure I got the lily motif, but everything else is just as deep and meaningful. You don't find a story like this in the usual pile.

Thank you for your superb work.
Lucinda the Maid chapter 1 . 11/9/2005
A mind-blowing character introspection that gives Kuranosuke a depth that most fanfics deprive him of. Well-flowing, creative, and bone-chillingly possible. It's a wonderful look at "what if," one that so deserved a second review. ~_ Know that I will be fav'ing this now and that reading it again didn't even start to lessen the impact of the final lines. Beautiful work!