Reviews for My Own Backyard
Very good.
gibbsheroic27 chapter 1 . 12/13/2014
This is beautiful : ) And while I love Phil Boyce, and he obviously meant well and had a few good points, I liked the contrast you hinted at between the two doctors-Boyce saw Spock's biology and his differences and, while he tried to help, didn't truly understand or believe in him. Bones will eventually do both, and accept Spock for who he is. Lovely character piece : )
PrayerGirl chapter 1 . 4/2/2014
This was very good!
WeirdLittleStories chapter 1 . 10/28/2013
Mitchell is not and never was First Officer; Spock was XO from the moment Kirk assumed the captaincy. Nice story otherwise.
Linvalay chapter 1 . 8/25/2013
i very much enjoyed this and your take on Spock's adolescence so to speak. Even though he is older and longer lived, i didn't really equate that to them having longer phases on growing up. I really did enjoy this, the first meeting of McCoy and Spock is always a treat
ebonypol chapter 1 . 8/22/2013
This was very IC! Loved it! Espiecally te first meeting if McCoy and Spock :D
SparklyLalala chapter 1 . 5/2/2013
Oh that was beautiful :sniffles and blows her nose: just so very lovely. I'd love to read more on Spock and Kirk's meeting, and how it came to be a home for all of them and them a home for each other. So very lovely...
fanficfan71 chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
It's interesting to read about Spock in his younger years. I enjoyed the dialogue between Spock and Dr Boyce. Thanks
Saavik13 chapter 1 . 2/27/2009
I've always wondered what Spock thought of Mitchell. I never liked him one bit.

Quite insightful. I like how you make use of the Pike era characters. So few people pay any attention to this era in Spock's life. You not only address it, you explore it brilliantly.
n9voc chapter 1 . 10/20/2008
Again, an excellent character study of Spock, and gives us background for the man we see in the series. The separation of Spock, who is essentially a man without a country - except for the starship Enterprise, comes through brilliantly.

Love the first meeting of the loveable curmudgeon McCoy with Mr. Spock! Great work - recommended reading!

'nuff said
HistoryHound chapter 1 . 8/18/2008
Haha, I love that part with McCoy. Just great! D Keep writing more stories! D
One Hit Wonder chapter 1 . 7/9/2008
I love a look at how Spock deals with loss and new adjustments. Very insightful.
bina W chapter 1 . 5/21/2008
Hello,

I like the story. It was quite funny, the intro between McCoy and Spock. Pleae write a intro between Kirk and Spock. Bina
Radon65 chapter 1 . 3/24/2008
I was a bit disappointed that I didn't get to see Kirk, but running the story from the angle of Boyce was a neat idea. His analysis was quite involved and you did a good job with it. I liked it when McCoy came along and they talked as well. The handshake was interesting and I liked Spock's view of the ship. Good oneshot.
Ivy3 chapter 1 . 11/25/2005
I liked the idea in the story, but some of the dialogue between Boyce and Spock was repeptitive and long and Spock appeared to be OOC and very emotional- practically admitting he saw Pike as a father figure. Not to mention Bones being very rude on arrival- something most people wait to do until they're a bit more acquainted with a new surrounding and people.