Reviews for Under the Influence
lemon-lime-whispers chapter 2 . 11/16/2009
I love this! this is one of the best aoshi x misao story out there. so many stories revolving around them are so poorly written or have horrible charecterization that i've gone crazy trying to find a good one. This is well written, interesting and has a lot of potential. I admire the way you write your characters and keep their true essence. I know you wrote that you'll no longer continue this but I really really hope you reconsider.
inuyashagirl22 chapter 2 . 9/14/2006
wow... ur editor sure is nice... O.o i think the direct approach was kinda too direct...
pinoykengumi7 chapter 2 . 7/10/2006
HIYA~ I REALLY LIKED YOUR FIC~! Loved the first chapter! So...SO COOL! and the unbelievably long chapters... KEEP UP THE WORK! -p.s. i like exclamation marks- Anyway, me looking forward to the next chapter! (the trusty exclamation marks again)

::duckii mustang::
sweetllenore chapter 2 . 7/9/2006
Although i haven't seen any real progression in the plot of the story, i must say that i hope to see more soon.

Your usage of language and grammar is very good and it makes the story remarkably easy (and interesting) to read.

Please continue to update this fic. i am very interested in seeing what you intend to do with it.
Firalyn Tiatra chapter 2 . 6/15/2006
Under the Influence Ch2 review

Since I'm reviewing, can I avoid being sporked into "an unrecognizable blob of meat kthxbi"? Because I think that'd be rather...painful, really, and I'd prefer to avoid it. Lol! Actually, I was planning on reviewing anyway, but that note was the clincher to the decision whether or not to do it tonight before I go to bed (it's rather late) or come back tomorrow and do so. I also plan on reviewing chapter one, but I don't have the time nor energy to do so tonight (you'll understand why as you read through the rest of the review). But I will say now that I'm quite intrigued by the story so far; meaning that I like it, and want to keep an eye on it, even if the updates are few and far between (life can get busy, and I know this). On to the review!

Well, I like the way you wrote the beginning sentence; you mentioned Misao, giving a tiny introduction to the "new" character, Kaoru. The way she guessed at what Kenshin was doing was cute...so like someone with a crush (insert "aww" here, lol). And the way you wrote in Kaoru's problems with cooking, definitely loved it. It's one of those aspects of the story that's ever-present (she wouldn't be Kaoru otherwise!) and can get rather...old or overdone. But again, you did a good job with it, the way you described it instead of just outright saying "Kaoru can't cook" or something equally as dull. I loved the scenarios that people came up with; that's an added little bonus that helps.

You write details so well...that's one thing I noticed first off. It's admirable to find a writer who focuses a lot on description in a story, not necessarily just the action parts. Some writers know and try this, but don't exactly pull it off...but you did, and succeeded nicely, I might add. I see this throughout the story, but felt like going ahead and mentioning it right now; remember that this applies through the whole chapter (I read it over, and now I'm going through it again and reviewing).

Blech...I hate taking pills, especially when I'm sick! Swallowing those things are much less than pleasant, and she was able to take them in one gulp! I wish I could do that, instead of having to take them individually...yuck.

Red hair...and cue Kenshin! *audience applauds* Lol, sorry, I'm being silly. But what would a RK story be without some Kaoru/Kenshin in it? Then again, your previous chapter indicated very well that a story with only two of the characters could be well done, indeed...hmm. Anyway, I love the interaction you describe between the two of them. A hesitant crush on both parts, kind of trying to hide their thoughts...just makes you want to say "aww," doesn't it? Or not...depending on your personality type. The bit about the smile "he seemed unable to separate from his face" was funny; normally people associate that with Soujiro, but I like the way you used it with Kenshin.

Kenshin's so sweet; he knew Kaoru was feeling sick (and that she can't cook), so he made her soup...even staying to eat with her by her request. I know what it's like to only see people for bits of time because of schedules, so when you see them you want to have a good conversation (especially if there's a crush involved), so I know how she felt. Which is another thing I like about your writing; you're good at describing things in a way that people can understand and/or relate to.

Missing chances to talk is a sad thing...I'm glad they get to make up for it now (especially seeing as the interesting events that follow). An artist can easily get caught up in her or her work...and that's true of all kinds of artists. Whether it's pencil and paper, paints and an easel, cameras, or words, an artist can get swept away in their current project, focusing so intently that they forget other things. I like how you portrayed this without rambling about how it happens (like I just did, lol). Without outright saying it, you imply it in the words of the story. And the warm feeling Kaoru mentioned when Kenshin talked about painting? Yeah, definitely realistic.

The way he tries to do everything for her was cute; he wanted to take care of her, even though she was perfectly capable of doing it herself. I think that's one trait that a gentleman should have, but it's hard to have the right amount (not too little, nor too much). And of course, her response is nicely formulated; especially about wanting answers and all. I can see how that'd be really annoying to deal with repeatedly.

Ah yes...the microwave. The appliance that would betray her pathetic attempt at "cooking" to the red-haired boy wonder she's got such a crush on...as showed later, there's no way he could've missed the fact that she was attempting to hide something from him.

Awkward silence...those are the worst! And then the phones rings, and the hilarious situation that follows with Kenshin being found holding Kaoru's - err, underclothing. Although the way he wants to look nice for her is cute, I must admit. But being found like that...while she's on the phone with Sano, no less! Oh boy...poor, poor Kenshin! But she understood, and even had the grace to laugh about it! I'd be positively horrified if that happened, but it made a great scene in your story, that's for sure. Good for some laughs _

Oh man...I can't believe Kaoru didn't think about Kenshin not wearing anything under his undershirt! Then again, I don't think she really minded, though it made things incredibly uncomfortable. Especially after she rubbed that bit of paint off...talk about a blush fest! With both of them being so shy like they seem to be. "Awkward," indeed; I don't know that anyone could act normal after that, unless they were used to that kind of thing. Stilted conversation, trying to find something that can be mutual discussed or that won't lead to more silence is rather difficult, especially in light of what just happened.

And good for Kenshin, sticking to his guns about not blabbing Aoshi's feelings, even though Kaoru was persistent in asking.

Sano, drunk and spouting poetry about the fox? Oh dear, what a sight that'd be! They should have included it in the anime or manga...she'd be absolutely furious if she found out about it!

Cracking heads is an lovely way to bring the afternoon to a close. After all, with everything else that's gone wrong, why not? XD I just loved the interaction between those two in this chapter! I don't think you really went out of character for either of them, personally.

Sorry it took me so long to get this review done...I started it months ago, but only got about halfway through before things started to pile up and I had to stop and wait awhile before finishing. Anyway, I'm keeping my eyes open for the next chapter of this fic, so I'll catch you later!
KyteAura chapter 2 . 6/11/2006
Hehe, I've have your story saved on my computer for awhile now (I do hope you continue this fanfiction,) but being a lazy ass that I am, well, I didn't bother reviewing. Welp, here I am. Reviewing...yup, that's me...actually I do have something to say about this story-I love the way you make Aoshi and Misao keep second-guessing one another; It's rather cute, though a bit odd in Aoshi's case 'cause I'm sure he's just full of answers...or not. Gah I really wish more people read/review this fic because I can tell you put a lot of work into it and it sucks because of the lack of AM updates and shit. Oh shit, I just read the part about sporking-does it count if I start reviewing late? O_O

I think the KK chapter was cute, but for some odd reason I wasn't into it-maybe it was the whole "I have a phobia of thongs" type thing, I don't know. Anyway really really wishing for some more AM lovin' thank you and sorry, so very sorry, for the extra late comment on this good fanfiction!
QtShades chapter 2 . 5/23/2006
Aw...although this is a AxM centric fic the KxK piece is cute..._ You write really really well...I can't wait for the next update! _
Aoshi x Misao Fan chapter 1 . 4/25/2006
I totally love this chapter. Haha, I read your beginning A/N and that's exactly what happened with me read KK first and then stupid AM bug so bit me-well you know where.

I find Misao so adorable, though a bit whiny because things are seemingly the same. As for Aoshi, despite me thinking he'll never smile, is pretty well written. I hope you bring more AM goodiness soon.
Lexi Teniro chapter 2 . 4/21/2006
WHOA YAY I HEART IT

All right, so I must say my favorite part was Sano's poem about Megumi's hair that "shines with the shininess of a million shiny things". I literally laughed out loud there. XD

Once again, I seriously applaud your description. USUALLY Ken/Kao scenes bore me, but this one was really nicely done, I must say._

I hope you update more quickly than 5 months! This is going on my favorites list...NOW! *Checks the box and submits review*
Lexi Teniro chapter 1 . 4/21/2006
...WHOA. That was pretty (pardon my language) damn incredible. LOVED the whole American Girl Place thing...that fits in the top ten places Aoshi would never go without being drugged, dragged, or ordered by a superior. XD

Honestly, the thing I admire most about this is that you can DESCRIBE so much, and use dialogue when effective, not all over the place (AH I am a bad authoress in that respect T_T)

I will now proceed to the second chapter. Great job with this one! _
Laegdin chapter 2 . 4/18/2006
Please continue writing as this is getting quite interesting. Also please don't get discouraged by a lack of reviews, I'm sure a lot of people are like me and are never quite sure what to write in a review. I always want to leave something meaningful and constructive and upon coming up with a blank, then tend to slither away to my corner without saying anything.

I appreciate the long chapters, it really gives me something to chew on. Although I admit, the first chapter was a little heavy going, probably, as Jazzlights mentions, because there was a lot of detail to read through. The second chapter seemed to flow a lot more smoothly. I enjoyed the interaction between Kenshin and Kaoru as they floundered around each other. ;-) I think you've done an excellent job with their characterisation.

Kaoru as a baker, who would have guessed? I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
EcstasyOfSesshoumaru chapter 2 . 4/9/2006
UPDATE! Kenshin and Kaoru's relationship in this is pretty funny, different than it is in other stories, but I like it better. Aoshi and Misao need to just tell each other how they feel -_- they are so stubborn. These were long chapters, it was awesome, like a book. Keep it up! Geez I am just rambling along like an idiot I am so sorry. Update and you are sure to get more annoying reveiws from yours truly.

-EcstasyOfSesshoumaru
Alderine chapter 2 . 4/7/2006
This is a great story! I can't imagine why you don't have more reviews. Though I suppose that having a great story doesn't have to equal a certain amount of reviews. It's really more of a question of who reads your story and feels like reviewing. Anyways, I'm really looking forward to reading more. And finding out more about who Kenshin really is or was.
TitianWren chapter 2 . 4/5/2006
Just wanted to drop a note to say I enjoyed what you've written so far. You have an admirable attention for detail, and your character interactions are fun to follow. I'll admit, I found this fic while looking for Aoshi/Misao pairings, but I loved the Kaoru/Kenshin interlude all the same.

Thanks for writing!
jazzlights chapter 1 . 4/5/2006
This fic is really great! wonderful plot, and very funny too! if you want some constructive criticism, then i guess the only problem is that it tends to go off into detailed tangents about coffee and such. just be careful about having too much detail. and as for descriptions, its quantity, not quality that matter. instead of using several adjectives to describe something, just pick one that is really appropriate and effective! great fic! cant wait to read more :)