Reviews for Pride
aw! cute1
Slash4Femme chapter 1 . 5/6/2008
very nicely done :~)
Thunder-Kun chapter 1 . 4/18/2008
Who needs pride if you land someone like Nick?
Shirohikari chapter 1 . 12/29/2006

hello there:))

that was lovely. just lovely.

it's the kind of story that makes you tingle all over just by reading it and imagining, and puts a insipid smile across your face and even if you know it's inane to anyone watching on, you can't help it.

well, that's the way it is for me at least.

adorable in an 'aww, shucks, aren't they cute' kind of way, especially with Nick's smugness and David's ire.

i can't seem to do justice to it, but i hope my ramblings have given you some idea. it rubs me the right way, for some reason.

thank you for posting it. :))

SarcasmIsMe chapter 1 . 6/18/2006
*grins* that rocked.
Caster chapter 1 . 11/8/2005
Okay, it’s comment time! I know this took forever to get to you, but Tuesdays are happy days for me. Lots of time to leave reviews about the wonderfulness of your fics. :D

First off, I was so excited to see that you’ve written another fic! And it’s a Nick/David to boot, because I love them for reasons unknown. Your David is the greatest ever; everything he says is something I could image him saying on the show and everything he thinks is spot on. (How do you get into his head so easily? I usually need a crowbar, a password, and a combination number if I have any chance at all. _)

I love how Nick makes David’s brain pack up and leave (Nick has the same effect on me! _). Didn’t he care that Hodges had a reputation to maintain? Some people were just so inconsiderate. Those were also giggle-worthy lines. It just seems so David-esqe to find Nick inconsiderate in that way and How dare he be so attractive? fits in as well, because Nick’s good looks and charm are obviously his fault. The threat of destroyed evidence is all too true! Poor David almost dropping test tubes and then Nick leaving with that “cute” comment was brilliant, hilarious, and in character. Plus, having Dave’s stomach filled with prehistoric beasts is simply priceless. And “Unless you’ve got a twin, I’ve already given you your results.” also had be giggling; then again, you have that ability. _

I can just imagine David being calm and rational until go-time. When he realized he was actually going on a date with Nicky, his mind betrayed him. I like how you pointed out David’s insecurity; for all his biting remarks and quips, I have a feeling he’d probably wondering what game Nick was playing and why it involved him. It’s good that Nicky was there to convince him otherwise.

The kiss, though, was the best. It had me both swooning and jealous of a fictional character. Your description was wonderful; David’s brain is now a puddle of goo on the floor, but he doesn’t care. I know I’ve said this before, but your grasp of the English language makes this all the better, and your obvious lack of need for crowbars, passwords, and combination numbers make this appear effortless. Awesome job!
haha chapter 1 . 11/6/2005
yeah that was a little odd, but totally great. I never really thought about those two together but yeah...