Reviews for Chokehold
Proper the Incredible chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
Ah, friendship...
The bond that contain more death threats than any other bond.
1Bluefur chapter 1 . 9/15/2007
Another great story,although Remus did creep me out a bit...
Clorinda chapter 1 . 4/1/2007
First off, I want to thank you. This was the first non-slash Sirius-Remus fic I've found in an eternity. THANK you.

It had good insight, and I've come to recognise and like that a lot about your stories.

Case in point,

[“Sometimes,” Remus commented, after reading that she was trying to push through some more anti-werewolf legislation, “I really hate being able to see both sides of an issue.”

“Don’t worry,” Sirius said cheerfully, “I’ll be irrationally angry on your behalf.”]

"A guy had to eat, preferably not other people."

Flat-out funny. Another thing I've come to appreciate about your stories is the rare gift of incorporating humour without making it slapstick.

"... it had always been JamesandSirius and Remus and Peter.]

I suppose that's what's called "bang on the mark.

"... so when Sirius ran from the dementors he didn’t run to Remus, and Remus didn’t leave the door unlocked for him."

Then, later:

"He wanted to say he was glad they hadn’t been so close back then, because it meant they could be closer now..."

Marvellous powers of observation and analysis, because most people are just impressed with their friendship in later years, and assume that was the case all through their lives. I know I was, and your "insightful stories" have the dubious distinction of making me feel like a real chump.

On a characterisation note, Sirius was all right, but Remus took the cake. Cool, cold intelligence bobbing to the surface (when it's usually hidden in smiles and subtlety), well, your characterisation of Remus Lupin send "chills dancing up and down my spine." The only problem I had with Sirius, was it non-plussed bemusement at Dumbledore's antics, whereas in canon, he seems to be convinced there's a perfect logical reason for Dumbledore's spectacularly illogical-seeming mutterings.
Society's Cavity chapter 1 . 3/16/2006
That was... marvelous! Oh, it's so rare to find a good nonslash for these two... wow! I mean, I do ship them (they were the first characters to get me into slash, actually) but I don't view them as actually being an item in the books, y'know? (Or... having once been. Sniff.) For one, Sirius was a LOT more obsessed with James than he ever was with Remus, and the two were never really that close in the first place. Which is exactly why I adore this so much. It's so true to the books, the characters, the situation, human emotion... just brilliant, really, and I don't think I can properly express how much it appeals to me. I really like friendship more than romance (weird?) but it's rare to find good fics in that genre. This breaks that stereotype and breaks it bad. Congratu-fucking-lations, my friend. This is my new favorite one-shot.
Jump Highly chapter 1 . 11/24/2005
I like it. A lot. I realise this is a rather non-helpful and abrupt review,, that's what I have to say., somehow. It's just right.
unheard screams chapter 1 . 11/17/2005
Ha! I loved it. It was so symbolic. I really loved how rowling put those two could have been any of the other two...
Demon Exterminator Barbie chapter 1 . 11/8/2005
I know you said it wasn't slash, but I'm REALLY liking the idea of Sirius as Remus' kitchen wench. ''
Generally Maz chapter 1 . 11/7/2005
This is a lovely story D!
paynesgrey chapter 1 . 11/7/2005
This drabble is absolutely delightful! I like these two together, whether platonic or not. They were very in-character, too. Excellent work and btw, I love your disclaimer. Heh.
Lieu Of Flowers chapter 1 . 11/6/2005
Hee hee. This is really vety funny. Well done.
The-world-needs-peace chapter 1 . 11/6/2005
Okay, I'm a little confused, what was the thing about the closet and going into the night? Whatever, yes I read Harry Potter sometimes, and it's nice to see a confused relationship be explained. Have a nice day cause now I'm going to stop giving you so many damn annoying e-mails, and let you go in peace.

Ja Ne

P.S. That doesn't count when you make a new story.
YamiPaladinofChaos chapter 1 . 11/6/2005
An interesting little story. It feels like I should be looking a bit deeper than the surface. Nice Remus and Sirius interaction.
Qem chapter 1 . 11/6/2005
Hee! I really enjoyed this.

It makes a nice change having something that shows that they weren't really so close, compared to the shipper stuff which can be overwhelming at times.