Reviews for Floating Soul
Juan Milagro chapter 1 . 9/15
This was a very entertaining romp for the brief time it lasted.
xThomas2 chapter 1 . 1/4
Ganheim chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
"Which means, presumably, he's in yours."

"Well, duh."

[Ranma’s taking this better than he should, given the circumstances. He’s a chaos magnet, but he’s not this much a glutton for weirdness]

Go get him, tiger."

[He just butted in on her fight – she’s made it clear on numerous occasions that she prefers to beat down Tatewaki – and this is it? It doesn’t fit her speech patterns or character]

It looks like I'm off to Kuno's classes. Ya think Nabiki will understand?"

[Yes, because Ranma’s not already failing his classes and he wouldn’t stick out like a sore thumb in Kuno’s classes, as he’s mentioned a few times in the manga to be a good student]

fine fettle,

and I intentionally botch every last question.

[What’s funny is that this might be the only way Ranma would pass – he’s not exactly the studious type, and not being able to identify the right answer, by trying to pick all the wrong ones he likely as not would hit a lot of ‘correct’ accidentally]

"Between the things I've seen in the Joketsuzoku village and here in Nerima, nothing can surprise me anymore.

[Inconsistent with Nerimans in general, the character in specific, and the general histories as well. Whatever your interpretation of the character, Mousse may not be the brightest bulb in the bunch but he’s aware of Murphy’s Law]

"I defeated her. Twice. As Amazon law requires, ne?"

[No, that law applies to outsiders. That’s why he’s repeatedly challenging Ranma (to make himself seem like a better candidate to Shampoo) than her]

normality, ne?"

[I see you have no idea how annoying tacking ‘ne’ onto almost every dialog is, and it’s hurting the story]

[Unnecessary Japanese]

A few folks even insisted that I stick to darkfics from now on.

[Well, what’s that they say? Stick to what you’re good at? It’s good advice, but I like to experiment a little now and then]

The story summary was misleading (it implied something introspective and more in the ‘drama’ category) and there were a number of technical flaws and unnecessary Japanese – no, it doesn’t make your story better, it jars the narrative. Despite those, it wasn’t that bad, just a little adjustment to the summary and replacing unneeded Japanese with what English (the story language) needs to be there and it could be pretty good.
madmartagan chapter 1 . 12/3/2008
Funny, up until the revelation of Ryoga's secret to Kuno. Ranma would never do that as he gave his word that he wouldn't.

Also, He would not suggest that Kuno sneak into Akane's bed.

Interesting characterization up until then.
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 4/19/2008
tigerdreams chapter 1 . 6/25/2005
That was beautiful. The comic plotline, Ranma's POV, the characterization... fantastic story. I loved it. I especially liked Ranma-as-Kuno's deception of Nabiki, and Ranma-as-Mousse's little victory. Don't let anybody tell you that you can only write dark stuff- this was comedy gold here, lemme tell you!
dogbertcarroll chapter 1 . 12/12/2004
There's something I never expected.

Nice work.
ShadowCrawler chapter 1 . 8/29/2003
I liked this story. But it would be nice if you continued with it and finished it off with everyone getting back into their bods or not and kuno as p-chan with akane. But I guess you can just leave it to our imagination though.
ssjpan chapter 1 . 10/24/2001
i thought it was fine, so nothing wrong with it
Suicide Saint chapter 1 . 9/29/2001
ranma and akane forever chapter 1 . 9/4/2001
i loved this story its a neat idea but nabiki is ooc she would never sell herself
Rivenchu chapter 1 . 6/12/2001
Cool fic write more please? _
Hanae chapter 1 . 6/11/2001
Funny! Odd, but funny! Keep it up!
Vibrant Filly chapter 1 . 5/6/2001
This one was funny! I liked the idea of switching bodies and screwing up (or fixing up) the lives of the person whose body you're in. cute:
Dreadnaught chapter 1 . 4/24/2001
Jeez, this is almost exactly like another story here on called Monkey-Head Butting.