Reviews for Cold Comfort
trfanfrombeg chapter 2 . 7/30/2008
I just got done reading the 2nd chapter. I think it's getting really interesting. Are you still going to finish it? I wish you would.
Pretty.Pretty.Butterfly chapter 2 . 7/15/2008
really like it so far. Update soon please?
Filthy Bunny chapter 2 . 3/15/2006
Oh so good! But so short! It's really nice to have a post-AOD story following Kurtis' POV instead of Lara's for a change. I hope you get your muse back in order and are able to write some more of this. :D

Ms. Croft (aka Filthy Bunny)
Jordy Trent chapter 2 . 1/24/2006
Hey Aced! I'm on my sual post-posting review rampage! I've neglected this one so far...

Very powerful first chapter. Short and minimal, but a very good scene-setter, and a great hook for the rest of the story. Is Kurtis really going to get bumped off? I'd get a really good security system if that's what you're planning :p Good dialogue (of course) I love the way you write Lara/Kurtis convos...I had to laugh at Kurtis' hard-edged sarcasm, even on the brink of death.

Love the way you've written Pierre, a classic nervous, rodent-like small-time crook :) It's definitely different from many other post-AoD stories...can't wait to read further :)
The Odd Little Turtle chapter 2 . 1/12/2006
well this is different... yay!

eagerly awaiting the next chapter

wait... are you going to kill Kurtis? *sobs hysterically*
AKKON chapter 2 . 1/7/2006
Man, do I love the way you write!

Good hospital scene, Café Metro, the herbalist... Just great. I jumped when I reached the final paragraph "he had sent a civilian..." I've always believed that in the original AoD storyline Kurtis knew more than he ever told Lara. And the words you choose! Not "a woman" or "Lara" or whatever, but "a civilian"! Your take on Kurtis mind is the best I've ever seen in TRfandom. And he "scowls up at a signpost" LOL. Can't wait to see them collide in Turkey!

I find it very brave to start a story with the last scene, like you did in Dark Bank, and I'm looking forward to seeing how you make the story develope into that direction. The idea of Kurtis dying in the end appeals a lot to me, although I wouldn't be surprised if you had a massive twist planned there... he he, you must have, otherwise how the heck are you going to have him die in -of all places- Hyde Park?

Honestly, I'm not reading this story: I'm memorizing it.
Ellethiel chapter 2 . 1/6/2006
E! Hehe, sorry, I was excited to see an update to your story! I liked this one very much, I guess I said that before though, huh? Anyway, this is great. I liked Kurtis' gruff? manner and attitude in this one as well. It's interesting that he calls Lara a "civillian", hehe, silly Kurtis. sorry, that's random but anyway, I'm so interested in seeing where the story is going. I really enjoyed the beginning. I dont know how to put it. But Lara showing up as a figment of Kurtis's imagination or something in the beginning and the atmosphere/attitude or tone in the first chapter really seemed to set the story. Ach. I have no way of saying that better. I liked it though. And the part about Kurtis waking in the hospital and the smiling doctor. Pretty neat about the language barrier. And it's neat that Lara would leave Kurtis's belongings with Pierre like that. I guess she hadn't settled things with the police yet. And then it's interesting too how Kurtis thinks very little of what Lara had to go through, you know? As if she'd just screwed up in a simple task. Anyway, I am looking forward to reading the next chapters. :)
lara-is-my-rolemodel chapter 2 . 1/6/2006
I love your fics, I admire you style so much and hope one day that i can write as well as you. I espcially love the way you have written Kurtis, its exactly as I imagine him to be.

Damn you for being so bloody talented! *shakesfist*

_

UPDATE!
NFI chapter 2 . 1/6/2006
GReat chapter Acid! Really put up a smile on my face!

The way kurtis interacted with Pierre was really natural for such a Yank like him! Excellent! Update soon!
theharshlightofday chapter 2 . 1/5/2006
Damn you and your ability to churn out such high quality stuff so quickly!

*ahem* Anyways, I *loved* this. Kurtis and Pierre's interactions were wonderful, and I am very intrigued by the note Kurtis found. It sounds like Lara, but a perhaps more cynical Tomb Raider. I'm interested to see how this all plays out, and here's hoping for Lux Veritatis/Nephilim battles in Turkey!

Linzi xx
spitfire511 chapter 2 . 1/5/2006
oh, so glad you were able to come up with a plot...and, for the record, i hope you realize how much its demanding of me to read a story where Kurtis dies...haha, just kidding, your work is so amazing, it heals all wounds made by his death! hope to see more soon!
spitfire511 chapter 1 . 12/22/2005
hehe, i admit i'm just now reading this...the thought of "character death" a bit saddening, espec. since i assumed it was Kurtis's :(, hehe well at any rate, glad you thought of a storyline, cause it definately looks promising (even if i have to accept the fact that Kurtis will die ...)

dont forget about PIC though! (hehe still waiting, err, patiently for an update!
Hazel-Pedro-Saurus chapter 1 . 12/4/2005
Wow, short but sweet. I loved all your fanfictions and this one looks set to be interesting. A little confusing, but I guess you've started at the end and all will be explained later on.

Loved it well done!

Hazel
Mythrael chapter 1 . 11/24/2005
Very, very good! Excellent dialogue, liked it a lot.

“It’s your head I’m in, you tell me.” lol really awesome, I sure hope you continue this and that your muse is satisfied now (she'd better be, this is a beautifull piece)!

Hope to hear from you soon!
Chirugal chapter 1 . 11/16/2005
NICE!

This is a totally different kind of fic to any others I've read. Damnit, woman, I'm going to be staking this one out. :p

Too short for me to really say anything about it (hint, hint) but definitely a good start.