Reviews for Old Soldiers Never Die
CalliopeMused chapter 1 . 2/28/2010
This is the kind of story that makes you smile and cry and end up doing both at the same time. It's sweet, quirky, detailed brilliantly in unexpected places, and just about the only ending that feels right. Thank you for writing this
mrsreynolds chapter 1 . 11/4/2009
Congratulations on penning the first fanfic (out of many, beleive me!)to reduce me to tears!

This is really powerful stuff, and I love that you got away with writing it in the second person. You have told us so much about the crew post Serenity and in such an elegant, economic way. The children I work with are always being taught about 'show not tell' in their English classes and this is a perfect example. Not to mention heartbreaking... but ultimately uplifting, hence the tears *sniff*

I'd quote my favourite bits but there are just too many of them to list, although the last two lines deserve a special mention; at once gut wrenching and life affirming. A perfect ending to an extraordinary piece of writing.
chaoswurm chapter 1 . 3/30/2006
wow. nice.
Pinkypop22 chapter 1 . 12/1/2005
I just wated to say Thank you this was a very well written story.

Is there going to be more?
Lathac chapter 1 . 11/22/2005
I cannot express the depth of emotion invoked within me by your words. The is, without a doubt, of of the best fics I have ever read.
williamjamesw chapter 1 . 11/20/2005
Brought me to tears.
Angelhunter chapter 1 . 11/13/2005
Wow. There isnt alot that can make me cry, but that was just incredible. Beautifully written and very poignant (sp?)
otahyoni chapter 1 . 11/10/2005
That almost made me cry. Love your River.
Galaxia Alpha chapter 1 . 11/9/2005
That was just beautiful. The detail and flow of the language was a pleasure to read. Also, the perspective you chose to write from was very interesting. Thanks for the great read!
Hope-W chapter 1 . 11/8/2005
Ohh MY...!

this was just beautifull, i loved it. it was one of the most shiny story I've ever read.

please keep writing
Vampbarbie chapter 1 . 11/8/2005
"I don't know what he called them," you say, looking at the dinosaurs, realizing their names might be important.

River gives you the smile that is just for you. "That's all right. I do."

These last lines killed me. I can really see Zoe freaking out because she doesn't know the dino's names. Aww.
pokey chapter 1 . 11/8/2005
Beautiful
Surplus Imagination chapter 1 . 11/7/2005
Ok, I liked it. Sappiness and all. It would be nice to see things played out this way. You ought to continue with Zoe's story.

Thanks for the story.
Simple Enigma chapter 1 . 11/6/2005
wow! thats fantastic! i love the pov you chose, really hits home, very original too. kudos!