Reviews for First You Have to Get There
TrisakAminawn chapter 2 . 11/26/2014
Hm. It probably is because of Ron, to a degree - laziness and Gryffindor supremacy - but I would say it's mostly because of Harry. He tends to live curled up inside himself, having spent his childhood socially isolated and emotionally abused, and in the wizarding world pretty much every interaction with a stranger or acquaintance is an excruciating exercise in being a famous person people have *opinions* on, which has exacerbated the tendency.

Fun story, in its AUness and Ginny being a rather young fourteen. The Chamber thing hasn't come up in Ginny's internal monologue even once, which surprises me although after Malfoy I get the impression she's actively avoiding thinking about it.
Guest chapter 5 . 12/29/2013
This is great. Could you write a sequel about how they end up going out, because, well they do.
MrsJeck chapter 5 . 11/5/2013
This is a very detailed story, I love the way you wrote it. You've shown the character's true personality. Write more. You're brilliant!
AmazingBouncingFerret445 chapter 5 . 1/12/2008
i think this was really cute. perfect portrayal of angsty, fifth-book Harry. I like Ginny's friends too; most people tend to assume that Hermione is Ginny's only friend (thats a girl).
Uzamaki-Girl chapter 5 . 8/22/2006
This was great and so was the prequel!
DreamScene chapter 5 . 12/17/2005
Cute! And awkward, but realistic and I am most grateful for that. This is the best H/G fic I've come across. It's in-cannon for one thing and is a lot more accurate than J.K. Rowling's view of how relationships begin.

It was very sweet and complex. A real joy to read.
Kilerkki chapter 4 . 11/30/2005
Random review again, because I can and because I forgot to mention one of my favorite parts of this fic: the kiss.

Seeing as I'm *not* really a romance or pairings fan (go genfic, whoa!) I won't blather to you about YAY HARRY/GINNY THEY'RE SO HAWT TOGETHER, because I don't think that was at all the point of your fic. Really, my reason for mentioning this was because of how real you made it. The kiss was one of the most realistic I've ever seen in fanfic-perhaps because of how it didn't really live up to Ginny's expectations, perhaps because of how beautifully understated it was, perhaps because it reminded me of the hesitancy and awkwardness and "This is really quite strange"ness of my own first kiss. Whatever it was, you did a really excellent job with this scene, and I congratulate you!
Kilerkki chapter 5 . 11/30/2005
I...have to agree with you, in that I enjoyed your depiction of Harry and Ginny's developing romance much more than I enjoyed the whatever-it-was in HBP. I really, really loved your Ginny, and, what surprised me more, your Harry. Those two are so seldom characterized well, and you've done an outstanding job of portraying them as real people, real teenagers no less!

Also, I have to admit to loving your OCs. And to procrastinating my Very Important Paper to go read the Ginny's Second Year story...

And to absolutely loving your writing style!
Lizai chapter 5 . 11/25/2005
Aww, how sweet! :) I like your work, and I identify with this a little bit. Sort of. It's complicated. But still! I like. I like a lot.
Premza chapter 5 . 11/22/2005
I like it, you made Harry and Ginny sound like they were actual people instead of flirty and lovestruck goofs.
Makokam chapter 5 . 11/15/2005
The END! _ BO!

How could you just end this like that? I demand a sequal!

That and for you to finish Secrets.

But SEQUAL! You're one me favorite authors and I'd LOVE to see what Harry and Ginny as a couple are like according to you.

Okay, review the chapter...

It was ... nice. :P

It was lame at tying it all up, because you DIDN't and that SUCKS.

But it was nice anyway.

Makokam out.
Makokam chapter 4 . 11/12/2005
Oh, now this was interesting.

I think this is probably your best chapter. I liked the little semi-awkward kiss, and... wel, most of it really. I look forward to the next chapter.
Makokam chapter 3 . 11/9/2005
_

I'm liking this little story.

Not sure if this one was better than the one before, but... it's still good.

Anyway, keep writting. I enjoy your work.

Makokam out.
Arkeus chapter 3 . 11/9/2005
grins. you have an intersting ginny. too bad i don't usualy like her as a charactr, as i don't like snape or malfoy-too shallow...:/

But yours is good.
David chapter 2 . 11/7/2005
My, Harry's a bit of git, isn't he? Ah well, if he was a Marry Sue, JK wouldn't be roling in it. Anyways, great story so far. Can't wait till ya update.