Reviews for Blazing Waves, Burning Rain
Riou11 chapter 22 . 13h
thank you so much for the update, ive been waiting this for years now
rnrr chapter 25 . 14h
omg ive been away for a long time and forgot to check on this site and BEHOLD!
OMH IM SO HAPPY YOU FINALLY UPDATE THIS! oh man, the fight between Chris and Bazba- the tension and action-! its so GOOD! I can't seems to express my feeling- but I AM SO HAPPY OMG
sadistic lunatic chapter 25 . 12/18/2016
I suppose the greatest advantage of fanfiction over the game itself is the ability to draw out conflict. In this case, while I truly pity the situation Chris finds herself in, it is entirely believable that Luce, the Saraak, and the rest of the Grasslanders hold her in contempt. She is still the Silver Maiden, after all, and while she is admirable in holding steadfast to her morals, she is also trampling on Grassland tradition. Hopefully, Chris will one day be able to sway hearts the same way she had swayed Hugo's and, to a smaller extent, Karaya's.

Until then, though... time for Hugo to comfort his fair lady! Come on, Hugo, step-up your game, man!
suikofan chapter 25 . 12/18/2016
Albert was in the room when Nash was reporting!? That cant be good but I don't recall Sasarai truly distrusting Luc or his gang just political posturing. I really like that Chris and Luce had a moment a it went far better than I thought. Chris loosing any hope of getting are Saraaks support and they lost such a good fighter(and okay mage). But I hope it will open the door for a reversal of when in Vinay, when Hugo didn't understand Zexen politics at all and suggested just killing the council out right and now he'll have to lead Chris on how to lead in the Grasslands.
Krile chapter 25 . 12/17/2016
I'm so glad you're still writing this! I haven't been able to catch up with the new chapters yet but I look forward to it! Just wanted to let you know that some of your older fans are still watching the story, too. :)
XLightningX chapter 25 . 12/17/2016
I love Chris!
True Radical Dreamer chapter 25 . 12/17/2016
Two chapters for one today. My cup runneth over.

As always, wonderful pacing and format. After so many years, you have the characterization nailed down perfectly. It's always a pleasure to red this story.
True Radical Dreamer chapter 24 . 12/17/2016
I saw this update and I thought, "Christmas came early!" I can't tell you how great it is to see this being updated after so long.
Mei-chiri chapter 23 . 11/15/2016
Yikes, Chris sure is in big trouble now, unless there's some rules for her to dodge this fight.

And, sorry for the late review, I usually don't really have a lot to say so I may not be able to review you in every chapter. But anyways, right now I'm really curious about how you will change the plot with a more shipping focus.

It's been years since I've touch anything related to Suikoden III so I can't really remember much of the overall plot so I'm not even sure how much divergences you've made in your storyline. I wonder if you're still going to give Chris and Hugo their respective true Runes? That would be an interesting thing for their relationship since they'll basically have eternity with each other with him stucking in the form of a young boy compared to her.
suikofan chapter 23 . 11/6/2016
A big step for the plot and a huge jump forward in Chris and Hugo's relationship. I was expecting someone to enter the meeting but thought it would be Nash teasing Hugo about taking Chris to meet his mother or Caesar and Apple trying to get the defenses planned out. Speaking of Casar I still cant figure out if your going with Han or Leon as Hugo's father so I'm interested in that reveal, and Lucia's reaction when she takes a look at Chris's sword.

I'm trying to imagine what Budehuc Castle will be like in a world that can actually go into the tension and divisions behind the lines that would exist. Also hoping Hugo often drags Chris into being in plays kinda want to see those two in "The King and I" or "Romeo & Juliet" and the reactions they would get. Especially since Chris cant act or sing and Hugo is quite good at them.
sadistic lunatic chapter 23 . 11/6/2016
And things were settling down too! Still, there's probably a loophole to Bazba's agni kai- like the fact that Chris wasn't the murderer and the clans need all the warriors they can get...

Also, yay! Chris and Hugo finally have their moment :)
SteamedBun chapter 22 . 10/31/2016
It's here! You have restored my faith in humanity!
timkhj chapter 22 . 10/28/2016
Great to see you posting again, really curious to see where you are going with the timing of everyone meeting!
sadistic lunatic chapter 22 . 10/26/2016
I re-read this twice this week hoping the next time I hit "next" would magically bring me to chapter 22 :) And, what good fortune, it did! Also, "suppose I'm a genius", what a smug bastard indeed!
anon123 chapter 22 . 10/26/2016
I can't believe I lived long enough to see this get updated and finished. Good job, it takes a lot to pick up something after so long.