Reviews for If Only
IamthePhantomoftheOpera chapter 1 . 4/14/2009
awesome! i love these morbidity contest stories...'cause i'm just a morbid person. :) but wonderfully written, i love it!
Mrs. James Norrington chapter 1 . 12/5/2007
*Grabs jaw and lifts back into place* I never thought of that!
Adi Sagestar chapter 1 . 9/28/2007
Not quite as morbid as the others... but maybe that's because I've always disliked Raoul... DIE RAOUL DIE! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Never fear, I'll still get nightmares from the other two...
KyrieofAccender chapter 1 . 7/12/2007
Wow, what a very creepy ending... I wonder how Erik managed those cold waters? But then, he IS Erik...

I quite liked that. Poor Raoul, he only thought he'd done the right thing... but he didn't know that Christine didn't really WANT to be rescued... it seems like she didn't know either.

Great oneshot!

Kyrie
HDKingsbury chapter 1 . 7/10/2007
What an excellent story! It has all the right feel to it, and I love that you took it right out of Leroux. I'm not very good at writing reviews, and apologize for not being able to offer a longer, more in-depth review. But I do want to thank you for sharing this wonderful story with us readers. I like it so much, I'm adding it to my favorites!

HDKingsbury
Scarletquillraven chapter 1 . 5/18/2007
Are you sure you're not named Gaston Leroux?

That was amazing! You wrote the characters just liked Leroux did! That takes some skills.

This piece was really moving. I liked the way it grew heavy at the end, but not too heavy that it sank. I always feel bad for Raoul, bad stuff is always happening to him! Poor guy . . . oh well, it makes some good fics!
orangeandwhite chapter 1 . 10/19/2006
Three things...

-Your Christine is phenominal!

-"An hour later, under the perfect cloak of a cloudy midnight, Erik’s body was dumped quietly into the river."

Right here, I thought to myself on the first time reading, "no way Erik dies like that, one shot? body dumped quietly, the police aren't involved? nothing?"

and then he came back! ahh so amazing.

-The section from where Raoul is "dragged" into the water and to when he dies, is pure magic. That's all I can say.

Where can I find the rest of the stories entered into this contest? I'd appreciate a link to it.
Kryss LaBryn chapter 1 . 10/6/2006
Wow... What a very wonderful and moving piece!

...I particularly loved the climax on the ice; it reminded me very strongly of the beginning of Frankenstein (the novel; the bit in the Arctic seems to be left out of most of the film adaptations, alas...).

Very well written!
Phantress chapter 1 . 5/6/2006
...

Morbid indeed!

Incredibly good!
lluuxx chapter 1 . 2/28/2006
Oh, my. VERY good, very morbid!
Phantasmarose chapter 1 . 2/9/2006
Good job. I loved the surprise ending. I love phantom so I felt a little upset to know him dead early on.
The Grasshopper chapter 1 . 1/27/2006
See what happens when you leave a sting, Scorpion? They come back to bite!

It's funny when bitter writers don't use proper grammar to criticize you. Honestly, you deserve more than that. ::sticks tounge out at rosebud1:: They could have at least tried to be more original with their "name", too!

Beautiful story. I actually read this when I was looking at the link for the last Morbidity Writing Contest (I was browsing it). This happened to be one of the stories I read. I recognized your writing style, but I wasn't completely sure...and of course I forgot to ask you about it.

But yay! Keep writing! ALL your ideas are original, trust me. :D
rosebud1 chapter 1 . 1/27/2006
Good try, practice makes perfect. I just would like to see some original thoughts. Before you give your stories a title, run the name through the search. Most of your stories have the same title as many others stories, that just makes your stories no different then the others. So try to be original or you night lose readers.
Silverwind24 chapter 1 . 12/25/2005
wow that was morbid, and ironic! I liked it though!
phantomy-cookies chapter 1 . 11/22/2005
Well, well! It seems that our Lady of Perpetual Morbidity has claimed the throne of all that is sinister and delicious in phantomy fiction once again, hm? Frankly, I don't know what you should be more proud of, my darling... capturing first place in our Morbidity Contest or the fact that you captured your dear phantomy-cookies' heart.

[insert a little squeak and grin]

Babe? I don't even have to tell you how much I loved this, right? I mean, it's pretty obvious, isn't it? Describing and declaring my absolute adoration and affection would only be another pointless excercise in futility. Anyone who reads my reviews of your stories knows what a whore I am for The Scorpion. (And I *AM* your whore, make no mistake about it.)

So, as I've decided to kill some time this morning catching up on the reviewing portion of my whoring activities, I just wanted to post some serious 'If Only' love for the benefit of anyone and everyone who may stumble across this beautiful little piece of wickedness.

First and foremost, I mention Leroux. Anyone can try and win me over by evoking the sacred name of 'Tubby G' (and to these people, I desperately encourage you to try!) but only a select few can nail down his characters and his style to such a spectacular degree. To take that a step further, I've never read any author who has personified his work more brilliantly than you have. If you took this alternative version of events, tacked it into the original novel, and handed it over to the nearest little phan, would anyone have been the wiser?

Oh, and of course I have to mention your descriptions and settings. Some of the most beautiful stuff you've written, now that we're on the subject. The visuals of the North Country was spectacular. Raoul's melancholy was expressed so perfectly in the frozen fields of ice. While this may sound a bit bias coming from an E/C lover, I still think having Raoul setting sail for the North Pole is one of the best story visuals there is! Woot!

And last, but definitely not least, we have my favorite passage...

((She sang gloriously that night with all the love and sacrifice and sorrow that she had left. She offered up to Paris all that remained of her soul in an unabashed prayer that someway, somehow, those angels that were now in heaven might perhaps hear even just a little of the final glory of her heart. All Paris could offer in return was their applause, tears, and rose after rose at the faultless final curtain call.)

*Is in love*

The lover of Christines offers you humble praise and many thank yous for that, my Scorpion. You do indeed rock teh socks.

*mwah*